Register or Login to Hide This Ad for Free!
Apr 1, 2010
NC
SeaWorld Entertainment may face legal action from the People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals (PETA) after the organization claimed that one of the company's employees participated in several protests using a bogus name.

Seaworld spied on us.

Just love the name of this site.

Seaworld espionage campaign busted.

If you think this belongs under the Blackfish thread, feel free to move it.

RE: SeaWorld spies on PETA

From the CBS article:

If PETA's allegations are true, they could be problematic, according to an expert in corporate investigations.

"I would not advise any client to penetrate an opposition organization," Daniel Karson, chairman of private investigation company Kroll, who has more than 40 years experience investigating business crimes, told CBS MoneyWatch. "Once you take an active role in the organization, you are inducing people to trust you, interact with you ... then you have probably crossed over the line, ethically, legally ... and most likely you are going to make your employer look awful bad, too."

I'm going to give SeaWorld the benefit of the doubt here and assume that they weren't responsible for this or that PETA is outright lying. If this did happen and if SEAS is responsible, there's no hope for the company left- this would be a next-level stupid move. I'd personally like to think that no company could possibly be that incompetent...

RE: SeaWorld Spied on PETA

Id hope that is not true. Id like to see SEAS hold themselves to a higher standard that that. The only good thing is that PETA has sometimes been shady themselves, so it makes it hard to believe.

ha the comments

if what seaworld is doing is illegal how come the government hasn't shut them down yet

I'm not sure what SeaWorld would have to gain from this to overcome the risk, although I think categorizing this as spying is a bit hyperbolic. Maybe I'm just biased because I've seen the way PETA operates up close what with their headquarters being in Norfolk, but until there is other information coming from outside of PETA about this, I'm not too inclined to believe it.

Shane said:
I could totally see PETA planting someone in a company to dig up dirt; I even feel like they've done it.

I'm first hand witness to it, actually... I'm also first hand witness to them lying about information and video they received to smear a very famous company...

Reactions: Shane and Nicole
Consider Donating to Hide This Ad