Register or Login to Hide This Ad for Free!
May 12, 2011
ROANOKE, VA
The pet kennels are going to be renovated over the off season. Estimated reno costs : $120,000
Description: RENOVATION TO THE PET KENNEL BLDG. WORK INCLUDES BUILDING ENVELOPE, INSULATION, HVAC, LIGHTING AND POWER UPGRADES

So according to this, the pet kennel will be getting heating and air conditioning
permit:
https://epermit.jamescitycountyva.gov/Permits/cc_permit.aspx

RE: Renovation of Pet Kennels

Dumb question perhaps but what is a building envelope?

^
Google to the rescue!
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Building_envelope
"The building envelope (or building enclosure) is the physical separator between the interior and the exterior environments of a building. It serves as the outer shell to help maintain the indoor environment (together with the mechanical conditioning systems) and facilitate its climate control. Building envelope design is a specialized area of architectural and engineering practice that draws from all areas of building science and indoor climate control."

Reactions: Peter R.

Just a little picture of the work being done on the kennels:

6lSnoRP.jpg

Photo credit: Busch Gardens Williamsburg

I've honestly never paid enough attention to the kennels to see any differences from that photo. :p

Reactions: Zachary
Pet Kennels are getting the HVAC equipment put in and getting a fresh new coat of paint right before opening.

I don't have a picture of before, but in comparison the only thing different from the outsides, would be the lower walls. It used to be open and you could see the kennels (And dogs). That's the only real difference from the outside that I could see.

I had to board my dog on the 24th so I got a few pictures of the interior. I don't know what's changed, though, because I've never been in there before.

Attachments

• 1 copy 2.JPG
    1 copy 2.JPG
    2.2 MB · Views: 28
  • 2.JPG
    2.JPG
    2.1 MB · Views: 21
  • 3.JPG
    3.JPG
    1.9 MB · Views: 36
  • 4.JPG
    4.JPG