Register or Login to Hide This Ad for Free!
I was under the impression that Universal had the rights for Spiderman rides. Am I miss informed or have they expired?

I was under the impression that Universal had the rights for Spiderman rides. Am I miss informed or have they expired?
Universal has the rights to use specific characters from Marvel for attractions east of the Missippi River until 2050. Certain characters are excluded from this like the Guardians of the Galaxy which are coming to Epcot in the form of a new coaster. Being that Disneyland and other international Disney Parks don’t fall into this category they have creative freedom to use the brand for new attractions.

I dont recall seeing 2050 in the agreement anywhere? I am under the impression that Universal has the rights until they either give them up, or neglect the rides/land based on the them.

I dont recall seeing 2050 in the agreement anywhere? I am under the impression that Universal has the rights until they either give them up, or neglect the rides/land based on the them.

It's on indefinite renewal provided the extant attractions remain without significant modification. The contract itself is up for renewal every few years but provided Universal is willing to pay for the rights Disney has to comply since the agreement was written before they bought out Marvel outright. This explains why Universal went through the trouble of Hulking the Hulk instead of replacing it with a different ride.

Here's a couple of articles explaining the whole deal.

Of note - "Universal's rights deal in the Orlando market remains in effect in perpetuity — so long as Universal keeps cutting royalty checks to Marvel's owner, which is now Disney."

Reactions: b.mac and Eric
Also something of interest is that Disney is not allowed to use the name "MARVEL" on any of their Marvel attractions even outside of Orlando. All of their new rides aren't branded along the these lines: "Marvel's Guardians of the Galaxy – Mission: Breakout!;" Instead they are named things like "Guardians of the Galaxy – Mission: Breakout!" --same with any merchandise, no Marvel branding allowed. The new land at DCA is going to be named something like "Super Hero Something-Something Land" instead of Marvel's "Blah Blah Blah." They did the same thing in Hong Kong naming the area "Stark Expo."

I believe that Disney has been using Dynamic Attractions on their more recent darkrides, though I can't find anything to cite to back this up.
Here's a partial list...

My friend from Uni Hollywood studios sent this me, so this is showing the area at DCA Disneyland of the entire Marvel area which also shows, the Spiderman attraction, so lets hope the Imagineers don't make this Janky as SWGE is out there.
EDIT: Ant Man Micro brewery, I just don t get it for real, although W.E.B. Suppliers, & Dr Strange sounds unique.

Attachments

• EBdetdAW4AY4z1g.jpg
    EBdetdAW4AY4z1g.jpg
    279.7 KB · Views: 0
Should've been a Thor Microbrewery
Or just Avengers Brewery, and have some local or California breweries to design a different beer, IPa, or even wine made for each character. With an Avenger's brew . Just popped in my head (Captain Marvel Moscato) (Hulk's Hemp, Thor's Hammer Brew, Dr. Strange dry ale) Just a few.

Consider Donating to Hide This Ad