Register or Login to Hide This Ad for Free!

Applesauce

未来の月
May 22, 2010
Virginia Beach
Does anyone else remember those free roaming peacocks at bgw? I normally saw one in New France. Just hanging out in the roof tops, or over by the old Eagle's Nest area.

Does anyone else remember seeing him? Does anyone know why there were just free roaming peacocks at bgw? Why were there peacocks in bgw in the first place? Because it's not as if I can remember the old zoo area super well, but I don't remember there being a peacock pen over there. There's a lot of questions, and the internet doesn't seem to remember the peacocks. If you have pictures of the peacock please share! I'd love to confirm that I'm not making up the fact that there was at least one peacock in bgw.

I have a distinct recollection of an unfriendly, free-roaming peacock encounter between Aquitaine and Lorikeet Glen when I was a kid. Now that you mention remembering a peacock on roofs in New France, I think I may remember seeing the peacock(s?) there too...?

Please, if you remember these peculiar peacocks on patrol, confirm that this isn’t some bizarre collective delusion.

Last edited:
Yep, there were 3 or 4, even one peahen. They would roam free throughout New France. They would often make their was into the maintenance buildings across Camp Wallace Road up on vehicles and peering at mirrors and chrome on the trucks. They would even come in and then start their raucous screeching.

Yes!!! I remember when I was a little kid. They chased me...and I started crying....and everyone laughed. Ever since then I have hated Peacocks.
tenor.gif

I remember them being free to roam as well. I never saw the aggressive side, they were usually on the roofs. It wasn't until I was older that I realized how odd it was since peacocks certainly did not live in French colonial Canada.

Ah, yes. The Peacock Initiative. They were the prototypes to the Deer beta but science found their AI was faulty, due to a bad OS install (if memory serves, they were still using 3.5 floppies), which saw many units attack subjects who were under surveillance. As can obviously be inferred, this upset the creators immensely and saw an immediate recall of units in the field. A costly experiment but one necessary leading up to the Deer rollout which we can all agree was highly successful.

Last edited:
For all my experiences at BGW back in the 80s and 90s, for the life of me I can't recall spotting even a single free-range peacock.

And I do remember some cool/nutty things from those days. But not this. ?

I honestly remember them more In the late 90s early 00s, before the sale of the park. I feel like 02-03 was like the last time I saw them.

Oooo I love peacocks but I don't have any memories of them in BG. Only the goats in the little zoo that would eat your plastic ponchos and everything else.

Reactions: Applesauce
I honestly remember them more In the late 90s early 00s, before the sale of the park. I feel like 02-03 was like the last time I saw them.
That actually makes me feel a bit better. I moved away for several years, and the early-00’s time frame was squarely within the window of when I was gone.

Though I did go once in ‘99... maybe the peacocks were on vacation that week.

Reactions: Applesauce
Consider Donating to Hide This Ad