Register or Login to Hide This Ad for Free!
Sep 24, 2013
625497_10100257773561587_680951098_n.jpg

Here is a very random topic.

When I as at BGT last month, we stumbled across this lovely fellow/lady just hanging out in an eating area. We are almost positive it was a peacock though it is probably the first white one I've seen.

Is this a common resident at Busch Gardens or did we just stumble across a random escapee? I remember back in the 90s there was a resident peacock at BGW who escaped and they gave up trying to catch, so it wouldn't be that odd. Seeing this guy brought back memories of going to BGW and trying to catch a sight of the wild peacock every time I visited and sometimes I would luck out and see him by the New France train station.

Nicole

Administrator
Jul 22, 2013
Arlington, VA
I've seen the albino peacock several times at BGT. I thought he was part of the bird gardens area. But I defer to Tampa locals.

Sep 24, 2013
If I remember correctly, I think we were in the part of the park near the bird garden so it is probably the same one, though he was definitely not where he was supposed to be. :)

Thanks!

Sep 24, 2013
I was very confused what a ripening peacock was, I even googled it to see if it was a definition of ripening that I wasn't familiar with. :D

The peacocks are taking over!

Reactions: Nicole
Jun 22, 2013
Tampa, FL
www.wdwtourcompany.com
The peacocks at BGT are free roaming. They generally hang out around the flamingos, but I have seen them up near Critter Castaways a few times. The trainers will generally guide them back to the Bird Gardens area if they start straying too far.

The two "regular" peacocks normally hang out together, and the white one is often a loaner. While I can almost guarantee seeing the regular two on 9 out of 10 trips, the white one seems to hide out in the bushes more often. I'd say I see that one less than half the time.

Consider Donating to Hide This Ad