Register or Login to Hide This Ad for Free!
Aug 28, 2012
Chantilly
I may have missed this info somewhere else in the forum, but I figured it could be helpful to some if it's not listed already.

I don't know if it is new or if i just never noticed before but yesterday I arrived at KD around 630pm so most of the lot was full and I noticed that there was a lot that had a sign that said Passmember lot. You just stick your pass in the scanner and it lets you in, if you are there early enough it's very beneficial. It is located immediately to the right of the main parking booths.
I couldn't find any info about the early admission for passmembers on the site before our trip but last year you could show your pass to the person behind the Eiffel Tower and they would let you through so you could head over to Volcano and everything else over there. This year we walked all the way back there to find out that the new way through is just passed Dominator towards Planet Snoopy. Although this is more convenient than walking all the way to the Tower, we were unaware of the change, so I figured I'd let others know as well.
I only saw the "flash your pass" sign at one location but every where I purchased something, including Auntie Anne's. Last year my Platinum pass saved me absolutely nothing on in park purchases and they looked at me like I was crazy when I expected one.. This year most ask if you are a passholder during checkout, just as BGW does.

While that area isn't as good as getting there early and getting a closer spot to park, it's certainly handy if you come in later in the day.

Pretzel Kaiser said:
While that area isn't as good as getting there early and getting a closer spot to park, it's certainly handy if you come in later in the day.

Yeah, it's nothing like the preferred lot at BGW but i got there early enough and was able to park all the way at the fence and it seemed better than following all the other people and looking for a good spot somewhere.

2016 Early Ride Time
Early Ride Times
Enjoy Early Ride Times before the park is open to the general public by simply flashing your pass. Please enter via the Dominator walkway.

2016 Schedule:
Monday           Volcano     Anaconda
Tuesday          Volcano     Avalanche
Wednesday        Volcano     Backlot Stunt Coaster
Thursday         Volcano     The Crypt
Friday           Volcano     Flight of Fear
Saturday         Volcano     Intimidator 305
Sunday           Volcano     Intimidator 305

Also, flash your pass for Early Entry into our newly renovated and expanded Soak City: 11:45am on weekdays and 11:30am on weekends!

And....we get a special entrance.

Special Season Pass Entrance

April 23-24 & April 30-May 1
On April 23-24 and April 30- May 1 we're opening a special entance into the park just for Passholders. This Passholder entrance is located near Season Pass Processing. While the gates will open at the same time, were cutting down the time it takes to get you into the park and on to your Early Ride Time!

From: https://www.kingsdominion.com/plan-a-visit/season-pass-benefits

Luke said:

On April 23-24 and April 30- May 1 we're opening a special entance into the park just for Passholders. This Passholder entrance is located near Season Pass Processing. While the gates will open at the same time, were cutting down the time it takes to get you into the park and on to your Early Ride Time!

I'm not sure if they have the entrance open every weekend, but it was open last Sunday when we went thru when the park opened. Definitely a nice and probably not widely known perk as the lines to get in the park were pretty long at that time.

I have a question about free parking for Gold Pass holders. If I buy my pass online, can I avoid paying for parking on my first visit like I do at BG? Will they accept the printout or a ticket on my phone for free parking prior to processing my pass on that first visit?

gardener14 said:
I have a question about free parking for Gold Pass holders. If I buy my pass online, can I avoid paying for parking on my first visit like I do at BG?  Will they accept the printout or a ticket on my phone for free parking prior to processing my pass on that first visit?
The paper work will get you in free.

Luke said:
2016 Early Ride Time
Early Ride Times
Enjoy Early Ride Times before the park is open to the general public by simply flashing your pass. Please enter via the Dominator walkway.

2016 Schedule:
Monday           Volcano     Anaconda
Tuesday          Volcano     Avalanche
Wednesday        Volcano     Backlot Stunt Coaster
Thursday         Volcano     The Crypt
Friday           Volcano     Flight of Fear
Saturday         Volcano     Intimidator 305
Sunday           Volcano     Intimidator 305

Also, flash your pass for Early Entry into our newly renovated and expanded Soak City: 11:45am on weekdays and 11:30am on weekends!

that's a lot of volcano!

Reactions: Luke
MAZ said:
gardener14 said:
I have a question about free parking for Gold Pass holders. If I buy my pass online, can I avoid paying for parking on my first visit like I do at BG?  Will they accept the printout or a ticket on my phone for free parking prior to processing my pass on that first visit?

Thank you. I hope you're right! The park was very uncertain and unhelpful when I called them.

gardener14 said:
MAZ said:
gardener14 said:

Thank you. I hope you're right!  The park was very uncertain and unhelpful when I called them.
The piece of paper saying you have purchased a gold season pass WILL get you into the parking lot. No need to stress or 'hope'. I have done it myself, as well as instructed other members of my family to do it. The piece of paper not only gets you in the lot, but you can use it to get into the park as well. I have done this also, due to long lines at the season pass processing center.

Reactions: Nicole
MAZ said:
gardener14 said:
MAZ said:
gardener14 said:

Thank you. I hope you're right!  The park was very uncertain and unhelpful when I called them.
The piece of paper saying you have purchased a gold season pass WILL get you into the parking lot. No need to stress or 'hope'. I have done it myself, as well as instructed other members of my family to do it. The piece of paper not only gets you in the lot, but you can use it to get into the park as well. I have done this also, due to long lines at the season pass processing center.
Thank you for the additional detail and reassurance! Much appreciated.

1534440213397.png So question...The new passholders are getting the perk of the one fast lane use only if they buy this weekend with blackouts of saturdays. Renewing, we get a fast lane and a baf ticket, but only the baf ticket is not good saturdays or is it both the fast lane and baf? I really don't have a reason to immediately renew if I can't use my perks on a saturday.

Reactions: Nicole and Zachary
Consider Donating to Hide This Ad