Register or Login to Hide This Ad for Free!
Mar 17, 2020
^I feel that it’s not the price of the six flags membership that’s pervasive at all. I mean it’s not really realistic to try to hit all the cedar fair or six flags chain in one year anyway. Could definitely hit the 5 SW properties if you lived near one and wanted to. I certainly hope we see a Raptor in VA/NC before too long but honestly not sure if our odds on that are that good. Hopefully Cedar Fair likes Railblazer more in a few years. Maybe MAYBE if we’re lucky SFA will build one.
FWIW, it looks like Six Flags is once again (temporarily?) selling season passes with access to other parks. Six Flags America is the best deal, and keep in mind that you will need to visit the park you purchase the season pass from before being able to visit other parks...

Cyber Sale on 2022 Season Passes​

Buy a 2022 Season Pass during our five day Black Friday/Cyber Monday Sale and get a free upgrade to a Gold Plus Season Pass!​

Cyber Sale Special Offer Passes include all of the benefits of our Basic Season Passes, PLUS:

• Season parking at ALL Six Flags parks (save up to $30/visit)
  • Admission to all outdoor Six Flags theme parks and waterparks
  • Discounts on almost everything in the park
  • Exclusive events not open to regular Season Pass Holders
  • Much more!

FWIW, it looks like Six Flags is once again (temporarily?) selling season passes with access to other parks. Six Flags America is the best deal, and keep in mind that you will need to visit the park you purchase the season pass from before being able to visit other parks...

Cyber Sale on 2022 Season Passes​

Buy a 2022 Season Pass during our five day Black Friday/Cyber Monday Sale and get a free upgrade to a Gold Plus Season Pass!​

Cyber Sale Special Offer Passes include all of the benefits of our Basic Season Passes, PLUS:

• Season parking at ALL Six Flags parks (save up to $30/visit)
  • Admission to all outdoor Six Flags theme parks and waterparks
  • Discounts on almost everything in the park
  • Exclusive events not open to regular Season Pass Holders
  • Much more!
I did this and it's pretty confusing. After you buy it you get two emails. One with your vouchers and another about your membership! So it is acting as if we purchased a membership. I contacted them about this and they insist that's really a season pass and not a membership, but they keep sending me stuff about my membership. I guess I'll find out when I go to get our season passes. The whole thing feels like a rushed mess, but if in the end I get a season pass good for parking and admission to all SF (outdoor) parks then I'm happy. Great deal.

I did this and it's pretty confusing. After you buy it you get two emails. One with your vouchers and another about your membership! So it is acting as if we purchased a membership. I contacted them about this and they insist that's really a season pass and not a membership, but they keep sending me stuff about my membership. I guess I'll find out when I go to get our season passes. The whole thing feels like a rushed mess, but if in the end I get a season pass good for parking and admission to all SF (outdoor) parks then I'm happy. Great deal.
I got the same thing when I just ordered this afternoon, and agree with this seeming like a rushed mess.

My thought on the promotion: Season pass renewals were down with the elimination of all park access, membership numbers didn't tick up nearly as much as expected, and they rolled this promotion out to capture those missed renewals. I think it would be great to hear an equities analyst ask about this on the next earnings call.

Reactions: Coasternerd
To be fair to SEAS, Six Flags has exponentially more variations and options.
Ah yes, but there's actual documentation on all 27 levels of SF memberships and passes. Seas has passes with different names, levels and benefits at all the different parks AND there are nearly countless grandfathered tiers that exist with who knows what deciding what benefits they actually get.

Its honestly kind of impressive how bad it is. It's so bad, not even corporate knows what is going on. I know of multiple instances of accounts in their system both not getting benefits they should have and getting extra benefits they shouldnt or even DUPLICATE benefits.

Shits crazy yo

FYI - I finally had a chance to get up to SFA today to pick up my cyber sale season passes. They handed me "Gold Plus Member" cards, so I assume I am good to go with entry to other Six Flags parks. I will know for sure when I head back down to San Antonio in February.

Reactions: Coasternerd
I haven't been to six flags since the pandemic, but I have a platinum membership with free drinks. Back when I was going to the parks I got an additional cup with season long refills. Does anyone know which cup is tied to the membership, color wise?

I haven't been to six flags since the pandemic, but I have a platinum membership with free drinks. Back when I was going to the parks I got an additional cup with season long refills. Does anyone know which cup is tied to the membership, color wise?
Red cup. They will sometimes ask to scan your membership card, but more often than not won't spend the time doing so.

Attachments

• 20220324_114045.jpg
    20220324_114045.jpg
    711.3 KB · Views: 6
FYI - I finally had a chance to get up to SFA today to pick up my cyber sale season passes. They handed me "Gold Plus Member" cards, so I assume I am good to go with entry to other Six Flags parks. I will know for sure when I head back down to San Antonio in February.
No issues using the pass in San Antonio last month.

At least as far as I can tell there is no season long meal plan like we had before. At least not at SFA. Now the only option is a 4 entree "meal plan" for $40. You just get 4 entrees. They can be used all in one visit or over the season. And presumably you can buy it again once you run out. It's also unclear to me if this works across the chain or just at SFA. I suspect it's only usable at SFA now. Does anyone know better? Is there a hidden season-long meal plan like we had before? Also I don't see a season long drink plan, though I wasn't planning to get that anyway as carrying around those cups is a nuisance.

No issues using the pass in San Antonio last month.

Do we get a discount on food with the (only briefly available) Gold Plus season pass? I don't know what benefits we get and I don't know how to find info on these passes now that they are gone from the website.

Do we get a discount on food with the (only briefly available) Gold Plus season pass? I don't know what benefits we get and I don't know how to find info on these passes now that they are gone from the website.
It showed on the app during the period that my upgrade was good for and doesn't currently show on it for mine so I am guessing not but I have not yet been so I can't confirm.

At least as far as I can tell there is no season long meal plan like we had before. At least not at SFA. Now the only option is a 4 entree "meal plan" for $40. You just get 4 entrees. They can be used all in one visit or over the season. And presumably you can buy it again once you run out. It's also unclear to me if this works across the chain or just at SFA. I suspect it's only usable at SFA now. Does anyone know better? Is there a hidden season-long meal plan like we had before? Also I don't see a season long drink plan, though I wasn't planning to get that anyway as carrying around those cups is a nuisance.

I like the idea of getting meals at a fixed price in bulk ($10/meal) than only getting to choose between overpriced meals or a season dining pass you may not fully use. For someone making just a few visits this is a good deal and takes away the pain point of high priced meals. For the park, they deal with the heavy users that get dozens of meals on a dining plan and probably lose the park money, but they don’t put off the majority of guests and repeat visitors by giving them a reasonable priced option.

It showed on the app during the period that my upgrade was good for and doesn't currently show on it for mine so I am guessing not but I have not yet been so I can't confirm.
We didn't buy anything at Fiesta Texas, so I also can't comment on discounts. We may be at Great America in a few weeks, and if so and we buy something, I'll let you know.

I like the idea of getting meals at a fixed price in bulk ($10/meal) than only getting to choose between overpriced meals or a season dining pass you may not fully use. For someone making just a few visits this is a good deal and takes away the pain point of high priced meals. For the park, they deal with the heavy users that get dozens of meals on a dining plan and probably lose the park money, but they don’t put off the majority of guests and repeat visitors by giving them a reasonable priced option.
Here's the thing. SF food isn't good. Most of it is terrible, though there's a few half decent options. The season dining plan at least made the price of it appropriate. lol. Now, if they really did improve the food, then this is all good. But as far as I can tell the only change is the addition of a few new options like cheese steaks and salad. Mind you, I have not gone yet this season. Maybe it really is better.

I will say this. Coffee and Cones milkshakes counting as a snack on the season dining plan was quite a steal. And they did apparently change to a better quality ice cream this season. Though the ice cream before was pretty good anyway.

Last but not least, if this new "meal plan" is usable at all SF parks, that would be great. But I'm not sure it can be used at other parks.

Last edited:
I have a question. I have a legacy gold past that I have had for years. Does anyone know if I have to make my first 2022 visit to SFA which is who the pass is through or since it was an already active pass could I hit a different park first this year?

I have a question. I have a legacy gold past that I have had for years. Does anyone know if I have to make my first 2022 visit to SFA which is who the pass is through or since it was an already active pass could I hit a different park first this year?
I assume you mean membership. For passes you do need to go to SFA first. I don't know about memberships. We have the what were only briefly available GoldPlus season passes and hopefully will be going to SFA this Sunday to get them processed. Then we'll be able to go to SFGAdv, etc.

Consider Donating to Hide This Ad