Register or Login to Hide This Ad for Free!
Dec 23, 2011
7,132
5,079
250
Busch Gardens Williamsburg FB Page Events said:
Pass Member Ride Night: Oktoberfest #2 FB Link

~ Friday, August 23rd, 2013 ~ 8PM - 10PM ~

As pass members, you are invited to stay 2 hours after the park closes to enjoy the rides, shops, and attractions of Oktoberfest!

Rides open consist of:
~ Verbolten
~ Mach Tower
~ Der Wirbelwind
~ Der Autobahn
~ Curse of DarKastle
~ Der Autobahn Jr.
~ Wirbelwindchen
~ Der Roto Baron.

Other attractions open consist of:
~ Several shops and restaurants
~ DJ Party

Show your pass to security to stay late.

Busch Gardens Williamsburg FB Page Events said:
Pass Member Ride Night: Oktoberfest FB Link

~ Friday, May 10th, 2013 ~ 8PM - 10PM ~

As pass members, you are invited to stay 2 hours after the park closes to enjoy the rides, shops, and attractions of Oktoberfest!

Rides open consist of:
~ Verbolten
~ Mach Tower
~ Der Wirbelwind
~ Der Autobahn
~ Curse of DarKastle
~ Der Autobahn Jr.
~ Wirbelwindchen
~ Der Roto Baron.

Other attractions open consist of:
~ Several shops and restaurants
~ DJ Party

Show your pass to security to stay late.

Busch Gardens Williamsburg FB Page Events said:
Pass Member Ride Night: Festa Italia & DaVinci's Gardens FB Link

~ Friday, May 17th, 2013 ~ 8PM - 10PM ~

As pass members, you are invited to stay 2 hours after the park closes to enjoy the rides, shops, and attractions of Festa Italia & DaVinci's Gardens of Invention!

Rides open consist of:
~ Apollo’s Chariot®
~ Trade Wind
~ Da Vinci’s Cradle
~ Battering Ram
~ Flying Machine
~ Elephant Run
~ Little Balloons
~ Little Gliders
~ Turkish Delight

Other attractions open consist of:
~ Several shops and restaurants
~ DJ Party

Show your pass to security to stay late.


*Edited to add links to official information, as well as to better present the information for ease of reading and locating information efficiently.
 
Dec 23, 2011
7,132
5,079
250
Capacity is my biggest concern with this. You open just one hamlet to over thousands of pass holders. What if every pass holder wanted to attend? There would not be enough room, I think they are better off just letting pass holder have the whole park to themselves 2 hours after, rather than one hamlet. It definitely would give pass holders a reason to keep their passes.

Perhaps have separate hours for pass holders? Open earlier, close later, that kind of thing?
 

netdvn

Team Instinct
Jan 12, 2012
1,876
3,116
260
in the rear
dvn225.deviantart.com
1. I doubt every passholder is gonna be at the park on a Friday.
2. Capacity shouldn't be an issue. The Festhaus is open to passholders only on appreciation weekend in the fall with no issues. A larger area shouldn't be that big of a deal.
3. Those pathways can still surprisingly hold a lot of people.
4. The park already gives passholders preview weekend to themselves.
 
Apr 9, 2013
704
572
210
They do this kind of thing all the time for the employees, so it's nothing fancy. Just two hours of overtime for the kids that work there. :)
 
  • Like
Reactions: netdvn
Feb 23, 2012
325
182
120
I'm happily surprised they decided to pick Festa Italia and Da Vinci's over another hamlet. I would have thought they would do Oktoberfest and New France/Aquitaine and open Griffon or Alpengeist as the coaster.

Can't wait for some more AC night rides!
 
Apr 9, 2013
704
572
210
Crowd control is a LOT easier to do w/a hamlet that only has one entrance/exit like Festa does. Plus it's a LOT closer to the exit than Oktoberfest or New France. Less chance for people to get lost on their way out. If you've worked at an amusement park, you know how annoying this can get.
 

Peter R.

Loch Ness Monster Lives...45 Years! 1978-2023
Aug 14, 2010
620
761
210
IndyRacingNut said:
Crowd control is a LOT easier to do w/a hamlet that only has one entrance/exit like Festa does. Plus it's a LOT closer to the exit than Oktoberfest or New France. Less chance for people to get lost on their way out. If you've worked at an amusement park, you know how annoying this can get.

These are passmembers, so they won't get lost. Rather they will get <cough>"Lost"<cough>:D. Though I hope they are more trustworthy then that. Still, I would not hold my breath.:D
 
Feb 9, 2013
4,643
6,476
250
I think I might be able to make it to the Oktoberfest one I'll have to see. I really want to go. And I'm sure that there will be no more then 1500 people at most there, and if they keep the Festhaus open that should be plenty of room. Plus, it is a Friday!
 
Dec 23, 2011
7,132
5,079
250
netdvn said:
1. I doubt every passholder is gonna be at the park on a Friday.
2. Capacity shouldn't be an issue. The Festhaus is open to passholders only on appreciation weekend in the fall with no issues. A larger area shouldn't be that big of a deal.
3. Those pathways can still surprisingly hold a lot of people.
4. The park already gives passholders preview weekend to themselves.

1. Fridays are very popular, I would say they are the second busiest days and for the GP Pass Members, the ideal choice to visit the park.

2. Actually, the Festhaus only holds about 1,500 people. There is a limit. I would venture to say that the limit would be below 10K but still probably high enough to allow for over crowding. I still say at least have half the park open at a time rather than just one hamlet.

3. True, you got me there.

4. Pass Member Preview Day is a lie to everyone. It is not a special day just for Pass Members. It is a regular day that the park is open, they just call it that to detract everyone else but let's be serious they let in more than just Pass Members. This is truly a Pass Member exclusive event. If they stayed open 2 hours later for Pass Members on select days, that would be a reason to get a pass or to keep a pass. Think of it as an extra added perk; something many Pass Members have been begging for.
 

netdvn

Team Instinct
Jan 12, 2012
1,876
3,116
260
in the rear
dvn225.deviantart.com
1. Not every passholder's gonna be in the park on a Friday. Especially on those infamous 40 degree days in May. If the weather's nice, you'll see quite a few people in the area, but it's really no different from a ride night if anything.

2. Festhaus can hold a lot of people, but the only time I've ever seen it close to capacity is CT. During Passmember weekend, it gets pretty busy in there for the event, but not enough to close it off.

3. The park let non-passholders ride Verbolten on Passmember ERT time last summer. Some non-passholders are gonna be in the mix regardless (friends and family of passholders, stragglers in for a free ride, etc). Same with preview day. You can't monitor everyone that passes through.

Think of it as an extra added perk; something many Pass Members have been begging for.
Perks like this have always been around for as long as I can remember. Even then, passmembers get all kinds of extra perks anyway.
 
Dec 23, 2011
7,132
5,079
250
netdvn said:
1. Not every passholder's gonna be in the park on a Friday. Especially on those infamous 40 degree days in May. If the weather's nice, you'll see quite a few people in the area, but it's really no different from a ride night if anything.

2. Festhaus can hold a lot of people, but the only time I've ever seen it close to capacity is CT. During Passmember weekend, it gets pretty busy in there for the event, but not enough to close it off.

3. The park let non-passholders ride Verbolten on Passmember ERT time last summer. Some non-passholders are gonna be in the mix regardless (friends and family of passholders, stragglers in for a free ride, etc). Same with preview day. You can't monitor everyone that passes through.

Think of it as an extra added perk; something many Pass Members have been begging for.
Perks like this have always been around for as long as I can remember. Even then, passmembers get all kinds of extra perks anyway.

1. I am not saying every pass member will be there; but I am saying that every pass member is invited. They obviously don't have the space for every pass member in one hamlet. Like I said before, fridays are ideal for many people to go, especially when the fridays are really nice ones.

2. If it does get really busy, with everyone being restricted to one hamlet, it can get very very crowded.

3. Actually, I think this is something the park can monitor a lot better than other things. Plus, you don't have team members checking passes, it will be security checking for passes, and they care more about their job.

4. This is an extra added perk that BGW hasn't offered their pass holders. Last time I checked, they only did this for team members. This is definitely something new to be excited about. Seriously, BGW pass holders get crap for perks. For the most part, it is free parking, admission, and discounts. Honestly, there hasn't been anything like this at the park, that I know of and honestly, I am really excited they are slowly adding more reasons to be a pass holder with a few extra perks.

I think you are just trying to push off my concern that they have a small area and they are allowing a great many people to be in that area. If it is a really nice and busy day, I see crowd issues. If you don't think there may be some chance no matter how little just some chance that out of the blue this event will go horribly wrong because 10K people show up to try and fit into one little hamlet, oh well, excuse me for think about something that can potentially be an issue.
 
  • Like
Reactions: BBW
Mar 30, 2010
3,105
2,045
250
I don't see crowds being an issue for a few reasons. It's still before Memorial day before the really busy season starts. It's at the end of the day and a lot of people will have been there all day and are ready to head home. Also, fridays are less busy than saturdays, so there wont be THAT many people there. i don't think it's going to be that bad.

Party Rocker said:
oh well, excuse me for think about something that can potentially be an issue.

Cmon, man, this is a message board people are going to disagree, no need to go all dramatic on us.
 
Feb 6, 2013
1,639
1,982
250
Portsmouth, Va
Don't get snooty


Party Rocker said:
Friday, May 10th, 2013 ~ 8PM - 10PM

As pass members, you are invited to stay 2 hours after the park closes to enjoy the rides, shops, and attractions of Oktoberfest!

Rides open consist of Verbolten, Mach Tower, Der Wirbelwind, Der Autobahn, Curse of DarKastle, Der Autobahn Jr., Wirbelwindchen, and Der Roto Baron.

Several shops and restaurants will be open. There will also be a DJ party just for added fun!

Just show your pass to security as they allow you to stay late.

~ The park posted *another* event, seems like they are giving pass holders another reason to keep their passes ;) ~

Friday, May 17th, 2013 ~ 8PM - 10PM

As pass members, you are invited to stay 2 hours after the park closes to enjoy the rides, shops, and attractions of Festa Italia & DaVinci's Gardens of Invention!

Rides open consist of Apollo’s Chariot®, Trade Wind, Da Vinci’s Cradle, Battering Ram, Flying Machine, Elephant Run, Little Balloons, Little Gliders, Turkish Delight.

Several shops and restaurants will be open. There will also be a DJ party just for added fun!

Just show your pass to security as they allow you to stay late.

EDIT: Mods feel free to move this to the Special Events thread if it pleases you. I posted it here thinking it was some type of interesting news.

Where did you find this?


Nevermind, found it.
 
Consider Donating to Hide This Ad