Register or Login to Hide This Ad for Free!
Just because people posted threads super early in the past doesn't mean we should continue to do so. If anything, it actually hurts us later on as we end up with duplicate posts or pages of nonsense that people have to sort through to find basic information. We probably shouldn't use this thread until we have a date for the event at least.

Or just have the admins delete it and you can repost it when the date is closer.

Seriously, though, the park has been open less than a month for the 2016 season. No need to jump ahead so soon, especially since this forum isn't lacking any discussion for the upcoming season and the new coaster for next year!

I really dont see the point, we were going to have one at some point and it is the next preview day, its not like were talking about two or years in advance or thousands of years in the future/past( dont know what that was all about). And if im wrong, I still think this thread could be used as an example or reminder not to make threads so early.

Also, I think PMPD could be a day where pass members could ride InvadR before the GP, if its open.

Reactions: jornor
From my point of view, I would love nothing more than for the Admins to enact a policy where threads relating to regular scheduled events (HOS, Passmember blah blah blah, etc.) cannot be created until within XX days of said event. I don't see why I'm reading about ChristmasTown in February when there is zero relevant information and/or the thread is nothing but pure speculation/adulation.

And I swear, with some on this board, it's a race to see who can create the event thread first. I've seen threads relating to next year's event pop up literally the day after the current year event ends. It makes me think there should be a special thread for Theme Fanatics or Halloween Enthusiasts so they can just talk about how much they love HOS or Miracles costumes or whatever, and then I'll know to avoid that particular thread.

I would say just delete the thread. But then that would erase the points that people made about starting threads too early.but other than that, I see your points and maybe i did start this thread too early.

Eric said:
I would say just delete the thread. But then that would erase the points that people made about starting threads too early.but other than that, I see your points and iaybe did start this thread too early.

Don't take it personally. Nearly every event has a premature thread that pops up. It's just my opinion we should have a rule that limits how early they hit the streets. It's a conversation I think that has needed to happen for a very. long. time.

UncleDuncan said:
From my point of view, I would love nothing more than for the Admins to enact a policy where threads relating to regular scheduled events (HOS, Passmember blah blah blah, etc.) cannot be created until within XX days of said event. I don't see why I'm reading about ChristmasTown in February when there is zero relevant information and/or the thread is nothing but pure speculation/adulation.

And I swear, with some on this board, it's a race to see who can create the event thread first. I've seen threads relating to next year's event pop up literally the day after the current year event ends. It makes me think there should be a special thread for Theme Fanatics or Halloween Enthusiasts so they can just talk about how much they love HOS or Miracles costumes or whatever, and then I'll know to avoid that particular thread.

Open up a discussion in the panel member area.

Reactions: Shane and Nicole
Entirely off topic now, but I don't see a problem with speculation. If someone wants to talk about what howl-o-scream will be like in 10 years I see no problem with that. But there's no reason to create a HOS 2026 thread just to have it ready to go.

The HOS threads were created as a joke.  In fact, I believe the point that was being made was the same one being discussed here: that event threads pop up too early.

Also, I second Zimmy's motion that someone start an Advisory Panel thread on this topic. I don't personally know if a time limit should be placed on event threads, but obviously it is a question already under debate that affects the Forum.

Reactions: Pretzel Kaiser
My question is, how are you going to say you cant create a thread for XX days if you dont really know when the date is going to be. Unless its made to that you cant start a thread until like 20 days until the event, but that would be no fun :(

Edit: I just realized I got a shiny gold medal. Looks kinda weird actually.

The Hessian said:
Eric said:

Bronze Medal believe it or not, you don't get a gold medal until 751 posts.
That REALLY looks like gold, but it does make sense that bronze comes first. Maybe we could change the color of that badge to a darker shade.

Eric said:
The Hessian said:
Eric said:

Bronze Medal believe it or not, you don't get a gold medal until 751 posts.
That REALLY looks like gold, but it does make sense that bronze comes first. Maybe we could change the color of that badge to a darker shade.

Agreed

Reactions: jornor and Eric
We need that train picture I quoted in the How to dispose of bodies thread. Because this thread really has derailed. But i must say, this thread has not gone to waste.

TrevorBondi said:
Eric said:
this thread has not gone to waste.
It hasn't?

Edit: I guess you can't waste something that never had a purpose, so I suppose you are correct.
though it may not have been on topic, as ive stated in my previous post, we talked about how early people start topics, with a possible advisory panel decision, and we've commented on the badge coloring, which is actually kinda weird how we got to this point.

Also, it did have a purpose, it was to talk about PMPD 2017, even if people dont start actually talking about it until the off season. Honestly, I didnt think think making this thread would cause any problems.

Consider Donating to Hide This Ad