Register or Login to Hide This Ad for Free!
Sep 10, 2012
Nearby
This is the PASS MEMBER EXCLUSIVE(s) thread.

attachment.php

Looks interesting... :cool:

Busch Gardens (facebook)
6 hours ago
We have a special offer for pass members right now. We are selling ride photos in the park for just $10. Just show your pass member ID to get the discount from now until Aug. 11.

Top Comments
I think you'd sell a ton more ride pics if you just made it $5 across the board.
I bet you would sell a lot more of these if they were always priced this way - or, less! I would have bought several last year. $16 (or, whatever it is) for crappy 6x8 digital print is a total racket. Keep your silly paper frames. I realize there is expense in the camera systems and staff, but you are not paying for it by NOT selling prints.

chickenking said:
Busch Gardens (facebook)
6 hours ago
We have a special offer for pass members right now. We are selling ride photos in the park for just $10. Just show your pass member ID to get the discount from now until Aug. 11.

Top Comments
I think you'd sell a ton more ride pics if you just made it $5 across the board.
I bet you would sell a lot more of these if they were always priced this way - or, less! I would have bought several last year. $16 (or, whatever it is) for crappy 6x8 digital print is a total racket. Keep your silly paper frames. I realize there is expense in the camera systems and staff, but you are not paying for it by NOT selling prints.

Do the ride photos cost $16 now?

I haven't bought one in over a decade and I always walk past the monitors at the exits.

Also, attendance must be taking a big hit this summer if they are offering 50% discount tickets all summer to passholders. They have never done this.

I don't really know for sure, but I think they are $19.99.

I dunno about the attendance, but I would never pay FULL price for any of their picture opportunity offerings. I have taken advantage of specials now and then ($5 pics on LNM's 35th birthday). This quote sums it up for me:
"I realize there is expense in the camera systems and staff, but you are not paying for it by NOT selling prints."

I saw that their is a passholder weekend coming up in September. What usually goes on at these passholder weekends? Anything special for passholders?

Well, at the previous two this season, it is essentially just exclusive ride time for whatever attractions are open; in this case it is OktoberFest. There was also a DJ set up near the front of the house with typical party music and a drawing-giveaway prize. It was rather cool to hang out with friends and others during this time. As I recall, it wasn't very crowded. Lots of BGW Fans were about. ;)

Yeah. Oops. This is for Ride Night.

BGWScream said:
I saw that their is a passholder weekend coming up in September. What usually goes on at these passholder weekends? Anything special for passholders?

Pass Holder Appreciation Weekend, typically the weekend before Howl-o-Scream is filled with extra pass holder discounts, random giveaways, all kicking off with a special announcement made in the Festhaus with free goodies to announce future park plans. It isn't as luxurious as it's name seems.

As for Pass Holder Ride Nights, refer to CK's post.

There has been in previous Pass Member weekends an additional merchandise discount. I cannot say if this will happen, but the discount has gone from 10% to 30% on those special weekends only. Be aware that the discounts have only applied to limited stores (Like Emerald Isle gift shop).

If the park does do this again, there is normally signage in the stores that notify you. Sadly, the message about such perks do not really reach most of the GP due to lack of advertising them.

Reactions: Julia
^
I recall last year that I didn't care much for the initial meeting at Das Festhaus. People were tromping over each other to get in there first to be entered into a drawing for an iPad and other stuff. I also remember seeing the opening act for Night Betas and thinking OMG!!! But I came to love the show later on. And then of course the cute little dessert boxes advertising the coming F&WF (I think).

chickenking said:
[...] And then of course the cute little dessert boxes advertising the coming F&WF (I think).

The Food and Wine Festival announcement was kind of funny. They put on a big show with the cast of Mix it Up, and after all of that they said "We're debuting a new event next year... We don't know anything about it yet.":p Although, I thoroughly enjoyed the preview of Night Beats. I hope they can do an announcement somewhere along the scale of the 2011 Howl-O-Scream announcement. For the first time in eons, I was pleasantly surprised with something that the marketing department did. This time I don't think they should save their "big announcement" for last, if they aren't ready to give any more details, other than the name.

Just a reminder from BGW facebook...

"Pass member discount: All pass members can get a souvenir ride photo for only $10. All they have to do is show their pass member ID for the discount. This exclusive offer for pass members ends on August 11."

*I don't mean for this to be a double post, but there are two threads where this is appropriate (social media & pass member exclusives). Only until Sunday!!

Annual Pass Member Appreciation Weekend
Sept. 7 & 8, 2013

Exclusive News
Be one of the first 1,500 active Annual Pass Members* at Das Festhaus® by 10:00 a.m. on Saturday, Sept. 7 to learn details about Howl-O-Scream®, Christmas Town™ and what’s new in 2014. Plus, attendees have the chance to win exciting prizes.

Jack Hanna is Here
Take a walk on the wild side and interact with Busch Gardens’ animal ambassadors and special guest Jack Hanna. Learn about the park’s animal conservation efforts while seeing some of your favorite animals up-close during several park appearances on Sat., Sept. 7.

You can also join Jack Hanna and his animal friends on Saturday or Sunday for a meal that is truly wild. To book the dining experience, log in to your Pass Member Account and select Dining.

Exclusive Dining Options
Enjoy a special all-you-care-to-eat picnic at noon in the Black Forest Picnic Village on either day. To book, log in to your Pass Member Account and select Dining.

NEW – For Appreciation Weekend only, Das Festhaus has a reserved dining line just for Pass Members to experience a special “Tastes of Busch Gardens” menu**. The menu will consists of four new entrees not normally served at the park, featuring flavors from Ireland, Italy, New France and Germany. Remember to show your Pass to receive your discount.
**Additional fee.

Exclusive Shopping
Now there are even more reasons to show your Busch Gardens love with the “I ♥ Busch Gardens” sale, running all weekend long - exclusively for Annual Pass Members. As part of this shopping event, take advantage of several special offers, including:
- 30% off all merchandise at The Emporium in England – your one-stop shop for all things Busch Gardens.
- Visit Girls ShamROCK!™ (Ireland), La Belle Maison (France), The Caribou Pottery (New France) and Der Marktplatz (Oktoberfest) and find the special display in each with a featured Pass Member-only offer.
- Capture the fun with a $10 souvenir photo available at all park photo locations. Just show your Pass. (No other discount applies)

*Open only to Busch Gardens 1-Park, 2-Park and Platinum Annual Pass Members. Not available to Fall Fun Card holders. Pass Appreciation dates, times and inclusions are subject to change.

Pretty much the same deal as last year, except over the whole weekend instead of just Friday. Sweet.

Consider Donating to Hide This Ad