Register or Login to Hide This Ad for Free!
Somewhere in another post I stated that I deal with the big 3 Soda Companies in my daily job at a Medical Center. Coke, Pepsi and Dr. Pepper.

Coke always does at least 3 times the marketing and promos than Pepsi. Dr. Pepper is almost non existent from A marketing standpoint at least where I work.

This totally doesn't surprise me in the least.

Hopefully its not A total Coca-Cola attack on all fronts. I'm all for Pass Member Perks and exclusive pass member lounges(like last year) and sure throw in some swag, I'm good with that but hopefully it's not over the top.

Just my thoughts

I completely agree. I still think though that SEAS parks seem to keep a better grip on Coca-Cola than any other park chain. With the way Coca-Cola treats them, I wonder if they are having any regrets.

I'm not really a soda drinker, but I think Pepsi was much less demanding. All they asked for promotion was one shop, and two custom graphics in Oktoberfest. BGT opted to have one ride (either Rhino Rally or Kumba) promote one of their products with a sign. They also usually tried to make it fit the color scheme.

My sister-in-law would agree with you. For me, it's not really the main product that is the selling point. Rather, it's the other products they own or are allies with. For instance, the own Mountain Dew, part of Lipton and several other great teas. Even Frito-lay is a Pepsi subsidiary.

Reactions: jornor
bgbackdoor said:
check it - Coke Month

https://seaworldparks.com/-/media/ParkSites/BuschGardensWilliamsburg/Documents/FunTracker.ashx

What is Coke Month?

Information on Pass Member Appreciation month has been released!

Busch Gardens said:
Events:

Splash Night
Who: Water Country USA 1-Park, 2-Park & Platinum Members only
When: Friday, August 5 at 8 - 10 p.m.
Where: Water Country USA
• As the day cools down, the night heats up with live music by Vinyl Headlights.
• Enjoy free treats, discounts, and chances to win prizes.

Summer of Thrills After-Hours Party
Who: Busch Gardens Williamsburg 1-Park, 2-Park & Platinum Members only
When: Saturday, August 13 at 10 p.m. - Midnight
Where: Busch Gardens Williamsburg
• Enjoy exclusive ride time in Oktoberfest while listening to live tunes from The
• Chances to win great prizes.

Summer of Thrills Cookout*
When: Saturday, August 20 at Noon - 1:30 p.m.
• Enjoy a classic American cookout setting complete with backyard games and fun photo opportunities exclusive for Members.
• Includes a free giveaway with purchase.

EXCLUSIVE OFFERS

Receive the lowest Christmas Town™ Pass price of the year. Available for purchase starting August 1. For just $22, Members can get unlimited Christmas Town visits, parking and in-park discounts by logging in to the Member website.

Psst! Only Members are in the Know ...

Maple Bacon Gelato

Your taste buds will delight in the sweet and salty combination. This exclusive flavor is only available at Gelato Di San Marco at Busch Gardens & Coolsville at Water Country USA.

Thirsty Thursdays

Fill up your 2016 souvenir bottles for FREE every Thursday in August at Busch Gardens & Water Country USA. Free refills are good only with 2016 souvenir cups and only apply to fountain and ICEE® products.

Tent Sale

Members stay tuned for the sale of the summer and save 60% on select items. Details coming soon.

PLATINUM MEMBERS-ONLY SPECIALS

All For One™ FREE Reserved Seating

Show your Platinum Pass to a team member at the Royal Palace Theatre to view our newest action-adventure show from a great seat. Limited-quantity available per show. Available on a first-come, first-served basis.

Free Quick Queue® Single-Ride Tickets at Busch Gardens

Show your Platinum Pass at any front-gate ticket window and receive one free ticket for a single-ride priority boarding on one of the participating attractions:

Alpengeist®, Apollo’s Chariot®, Curse of DarKastle, Escape From Pompeii®, Griffon®, Le Scoot®, Roman Rapids®, or Verbolten®.

Available on the following dates only: Aug. 22, 23, 24, 25, 29, 30, & 31.

Valid for Platinum Members only. One person per single-ride Quick Queue. Only valid on dates listed above. Guests must meet ride height requirements.

Matthew said:
Information on Pass Member Appreciation month has been released!

Busch Gardens said:
Events:

Splash Night
Who: Water Country USA 1-Park, 2-Park & Platinum Members only
When: Friday, August 5 at 8 - 10 p.m.
Where: Water Country USA
• As the day cools down, the night heats up with live music by Vinyl Headlights.
• Enjoy free treats, discounts, and chances to win prizes.

Summer of Thrills After-Hours Party
When: Saturday, August 13 at 10 p.m. - Midnight
• Enjoy exclusive ride time in Oktoberfest while listening to live tunes from The
• Chances to win great prizes.

Summer of Thrills Cookout*
When: Saturday, August 20 at Noon - 1:30 p.m.
• Enjoy a classic American cookout setting complete with backyard games and fun photo opportunities exclusive for Members.
• Includes a free giveaway with purchase.

EXCLUSIVE OFFERS

Receive the lowest Christmas Town™ Pass price of the year. Available for purchase starting August 1. For just $22, Members can get unlimited Christmas Town visits, parking and in-park discounts by logging in to the Member website.

Psst! Only Members are in the Know ...

Maple Bacon Gelato

Your taste buds will delight in the sweet and salty combination. This exclusive flavor is only available at Gelato Di San Marco at Busch Gardens & Coolsville at Water Country USA.

Thirsty Thursdays

Fill up your 2016 souvenir bottles for FREE every Thursday in August at Busch Gardens & Water Country USA. Free refills are good only with 2016 souvenir cups and only apply to fountain and ICEE® products.

Tent Sale

Members stay tuned for the sale of the summer and save 60% on select items. Details coming soon.

PLATINUM MEMBERS-ONLY SPECIALS

All For One™ FREE Reserved Seating

Show your Platinum Pass to a team member at the Royal Palace Theatre to view our newest action-adventure show from a great seat. Limited-quantity available per show. Available on a first-come, first-served basis.

Free Quick Queue® Single-Ride Tickets at Busch Gardens

Show your Platinum Pass at any front-gate ticket window and receive one free ticket for a single-ride priority boarding on one of the participating attractions:

Alpengeist®, Apollo’s Chariot®, Curse of DarKastle, Escape From Pompeii®, Griffon®, Le Scoot®, Roman Rapids®, or Verbolten®.

Available on the following dates only: Aug. 22, 23, 24, 25, 29, 30, & 31.

Valid for Platinum Members only. One person per single-ride Quick Queue. Only valid on dates listed above. Guests must meet ride height requirements.

Just received a postcard from Busch about this. I love all the different colors they used on it, seems so much more fun then what we are use to. Heading to splash night!

Reactions: jornor
One free Quick Queue annually would be fair I think rather than the single ride. Esp when Florida has ride again.

I don't really care for the whole reserve your spot for the ride night thing.  After you go online and do that you have to go to the welcome center and pick up a wrist band.  I have been wait in line 20 minutes already and still have at least another 20 minutes to wait.  Why can't they just take the confirmation at the event?

Oh wow they only have 3 windows open no wonder the line is moving so slow.

Reactions: Nicole and Zachary
I think my favorite part of this is the Thirsty Thursdays. Free Icees in August, yes please! That's a simple way to keep me happy, and make me more likely to buy some snacks while I'm getting my free refills, so they still get some of my money.

The RSVP thing about this party was really stupid. It was a last minute trip, so when I tried to just pick up a wristband at the welcome center. They told me to get a confirmation code online, but the pass member login was not working at all on mobile (two different browsers). I had to talk to a supervisor when I was able to get higher ups say it was okay to give wristbands out without reservation codes, as long as the pass was valid. That seemed like a much easier process than trying to deal with this other crap. Otherwise, the ride night was nice and they gave out free shirts, raffles and were interviewing people for what seemed will become some sort of appreciation video. Probably the busiest ride night I have been to, actually.

Ride night was super fun today! We didn't rsvp online so I was afraid we wouldn't get to stay, but there was a line where we could just show them out passes and get the wristband. The band that was playing was pretty good, and I loved the free t-shirts, that was a pleasant surprise!

Consider Donating to Hide This Ad