Register or Login to Hide This Ad for Free!
Dec 23, 2011
7,132
5,078
250
Since marketing is a hot topic, thought it should have its own thread.

As we can see, their marketing is probably doing not so good right now. A major ride hardly anyone knows about (if you are not a roller coaster/park enthusiast).

However, recently the park made an attempt to market for 2012 by posting a family video taken at their park.

A facebook fan stated:
Using visitor/traveler videos is a great way to market!
 

netdvn

Team Instinct
Jan 12, 2012
1,870
3,099
260
in the rear
dvn225.deviantart.com
The marketing department didn't really do much to advertise Mach around this time last year either.

The park is probably waiting for the season to kick off, but I don't think that's the best idea to generate hype for their newest ride.
 
Aug 18, 2010
883
24
70
Hey, I was wondering if anyone had like park marketing things or really anything having to do with the park, hoping to find good stuff to add to my collection, and does anyone else really want that stand from the pic above?
 
Dec 23, 2011
7,132
5,078
250
Balak95 said:
Hey, I was wondering if anyone had like park marketing things or really anything having to do with the park, hoping to find good stuff to add to my collection, and does anyone else really want that stand from the pic above?

I have my own little collection of things from the park, a horseshoe from the original Clydesdales, a musical Christmas Town snow globe, a few toys and shirts. I also have the Illuminights soundtrack, and the Imaginique soundtrack. As well as a few other things.
 

netdvn

Team Instinct
Jan 12, 2012
1,870
3,099
260
in the rear
dvn225.deviantart.com
Balak95 said:
Hey, I was wondering if anyone had like park marketing things or really anything having to do with the park, hoping to find good stuff to add to my collection, and does anyone else really want that stand from the pic above?

Taken from the Collection thread. http://bgwfans.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=766&page=3

I've got...
- 2011 BGW Team Member handbook on CD
- A few name tags
- 2011 BGW Employee newsletters (some of them with me in them :D as well as one from the week Mach Tower opened to employees).
- 2011 BGW maps (regular season, Illuminights, and HOS)
- 2011 BGW brochure
- Verbolten stat sheets from the sneak preview for season passholders
- "Be the first to ride Mach Tower" announcements
- 2010 BGW map (regular season and Christmas Town)
- 2009 BGW map (regular season)
- 2010 BGW brochure
- 2009 BGW brochure
- 2008 BGW brochure
- 2007 BGW brochure (one of my favorites)
- Apollo's Chariot t-shirt with a huge horse and yellow coaster track
- HOS 2011 sneak preview t-shirt
- Piece of Mach Tower queue tape (you know those boxes on the ground that you stand in while waiting in line? I got a piece of that).
- A beautiful plush banana that I won in ring toss :D
 
Dec 23, 2011
7,132
5,078
250
Well to be honest and specific this is all it:

- 2011 Christmas Town Light Sword
- 2011 HOS Eye of the Garden Necklace
- 2011 HOS Green Man Necklace
- NBA Jersey from the 3 Point game
- 2010 Christmas Town Snow Globe
- 2009 Christmas Town Scotland Binoculars
- 2008 or 2007 Original Clydesdale Horse Shoe
- 2011 Team Member Shirts (Mach Tower/Vanish Point, New Years, and HOS)
- 2011 Black Light Sword
- Team Member Name Tags (Regular and Christmas Town and a Original)
- Cash Card (deactivated 2011)
- Team Member Illuminights Medallions (2011)
- Team Member Illuminights Button (2010 and 2011)
- Light Gloves sold in previous years before 2011
- 2011 Team Member Handbook and various hand outs

and I am sure plenty of other things as well. Most of the stuff if pretty recent. Honestly, I have thought about selling some of it since I could use some money. PM if you have any specific questions about anything related to my list or to see if I might have something else.
 
Dec 23, 2011
7,132
5,078
250
So found this interesting link to an album of picture the park has taken. http://ow.ly/user/BuschGardensVA?t=photo However, I am curious to know can anyone make out there the second picture is taken? It has to be by Verbolten but where? It was created 2 days ago.

Also, the park is hiring interns for their social media department.
 
Dec 23, 2011
7,132
5,078
250
I was thinking it had something to do with the station, and I was trying to see exactly where. But the queue did come to mind at first.
 
Sep 18, 2010
27
19
20
Party Rocker said:
Well to be honest and specific this is all it:

- 2011 Christmas Town Light Sword
- 2011 HOS Eye of the Garden Necklace
- 2011 HOS Green Man Necklace
- NBA Jersey from the 3 Point game
- 2010 Christmas Town Snow Globe
- 2009 Christmas Town Scotland Binoculars
- 2008 or 2007 Original Clydesdale Horse Shoe
- 2011 Team Member Shirts (Mach Tower/Vanish Point, New Years, and HOS)
- 2011 Black Light Sword
- Team Member Name Tags (Regular and Christmas Town and a Original)
- Cash Card (deactivated 2011)
- Team Member Illuminights Medallions (2011)
- Team Member Illuminights Button (2010 and 2011)
- Light Gloves sold in previous years before 2011
- 2011 Team Member Handbook and various hand outs

and I am sure plenty of other things as well. Most of the stuff if pretty recent. Honestly, I have thought about selling some of it since I could use some money. PM if you have any specific questions about anything related to my list or to see if I might have something else.

I never have posted here before, but I've been a member of this site for a while and I come on here alot to view news and rumors and to feel nostalgic every once in a while. I don't have much of a collection, because growing up and going to Busch every year since I have been alive, I have kinda taken things like that for granted. But I did work at Busch for a couple of years back in '96 and '97 or so, and I kept a couple of nametags. Back then, the employees were supposed to put the state or country they came from on the nametag. The people who made the nametags didn't really pay attention to what we put on them, as you can see by the pic. My whole family has either worked or gone to Busch every year since it has opened, so I will try to find any other interesting things they may have so I can share with everyone here.
 

Attachments

  • busch.JPG
    busch.JPG
    138.2 KB · Views: 36
Dec 23, 2011
7,132
5,078
250
That is pretty neat. I know the internationals had some good funny name tags. One said "Spiderman from Webb". I have seen all sorts of them, and to be honest, the people in costumes that make them, some of them don't mind and I think it is completely okay, however if you use them in the park, they might get on you. Unless you just keep them as a joke to show friends and family.
 
Sep 18, 2010
27
19
20
Yeah, my friends and I had some more, but thats all I could find. I haven't really paid attention to the name tags since I stopped working there.
 
Jul 28, 2011
851
178
120
Party Rocker said:
That is pretty neat. I know the internationals had some good funny name tags. One said "Spiderman from Webb". I have seen all sorts of them, and to be honest, the people in costumes that make them, some of them don't mind and I think it is completely okay, however if you use them in the park, they might get on you. Unless you just keep them as a joke to show friends and family.

I now a guy with a name tag that said "Tiger from Siberia" He only got that because he knew a guy in costumes... that's probably how they get nicknames... they know people who let it slide
 
Dec 23, 2011
7,132
5,078
250
It really does depend on who happens to be there. I think most internationals that work there don't care.
 

netdvn

Team Instinct
Jan 12, 2012
1,870
3,099
260
in the rear
dvn225.deviantart.com
I tried getting a novelty nametag but the person behind the counter wouldn't let me, so I guess it depends on the person.

I got an Arizona tag and a Vietnam one. AZ for my home state and Vietnam for my family's country of origin.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Party Rocker
Consider Donating to Hide This Ad