Register or Login to Hide This Ad for Free!
Was there ever any reason said as to why it was taken it. It always appeared to have a line and I enjoyed the basking in the wading pools and then slide, etc

I bet it had something to do with how many people it took to run the thing. They had one in each pool plus a few at the entrance.

Swiftman said:
I bet it had something to do with how many people it took to run the thing. They had one in each pool plus a few at the entrance.

If anyone has been to WCUSA lately, the slide is still in-tact. They just threw dirt over it. Maybe we could start some sort of petition or something to get it back open.

So I know there is a .pdf on the website, Water Country USA - Map 2013 but are there actual paper maps given out somewhere? I have never seen them in the three years I have been going here. I guess it would be strange to have all of that paper getting wet and ending up in pools. :cool:

^That brings up a good point but I do believe they have paper maps...at least they used to. I always pick them up when I'm leaving (I'm one of those park map lovers :cool: ). Yes, it does seem a little silly to have them at a waterpark, although the park is pretty big. Anyway, the do in fact have them near most shops, the entrance, and whatnot like that... ;)

Reactions: chickenking
The paper maps look exactly like the PDF online, or last time I saw them they did. I believe they have them posted on the backside of the posts by the turnstiles just as you walk by, you don't notice them because they are on the backside, which just seems so odd?

Ben said:
Whats with the sixties cars in the parking lot?

Do you know what the theme happens to be at WCU? Spoiler, America in the 50's, and 60's, they are just trying to add to the theme of the park.

Ben said:
That theme has been dead for years haha

That's your opinion. I think the theme is well maintained, but other people see it another way. I mean if you look at like the names of the rides, and restaurants, they are pretty well themed.

Reactions: Mushroom
JuniorBGWfan28 said:
Ben said:
That theme has been dead for years haha

That's your opinion. I think the theme is well maintained, but other people see it another way. I mean if you look at like the names of the rides, and restaurants, they are pretty well themed. But, let's not get off topic.

And that would be your opinion. Honestly, I do think the theme is very weel kept and the ONLY problem with the theme is that the in-park music played does not go with the theme, as well as Vanish Point being the only ride not really themed in the 50's/60's manner.

Reactions: Mushroom
The theme is very inconsistent, considering most of the attractions have no apparent theme or have contrasting themes

Rampage
Jet Scream
Big Daddy Falls
Aquazoid(Alien themeing?)
Nitro Racer
Hto UFO
Vanish Point
Meltdown
Wild thang
The two play areas in the middle of the park

Of course, this is all my opinion

^^^ First of all For Aquazoid, and H2O UFO, is because when did the space race start? 1959! Wild Thang was a song that was made in the 60's I think, if not the 50's. Nitro Racer is supposed to represent a 50's or 60's reckless road race. Cow-A Bunga was a play on words, and represented how surfing got very popular in the 50's, and 60's. Rock-n-roll Island is supposed to represent how Rock-N-Roll got invented in the 50's. As for the rest (on Your list you missed a couple of attractions) I don't really know what they are supposed to represent, but I suppose someone else can answer for those ones.

Reactions: jornor
I missed some cause they represent 50's and sixties themeing. And the themeing for WCUSA is supposed to be beach theming, so aquazoid really doesn't fit.

But this has nothing to do with maps, so we should probably stop this banter :p

Rampage ~ Defined as a course of violent frenzied behavior or action. Does that sound like the ride, more or less kind of sorta.
Jet Scream ~ Your going so fast like a jet your screaming :p
Big Daddy Falls - Big Daddy I believe was a very common term used in the 50's and 60's, maybe?
Aquazoid ~ 60's horror movie
Nitro Racer ~ 50's & 60's Drag racing
Hto UFO ~ Going off of the park mascot, which is a duck, he was transformed in to some space duck thing, so more or less a park mascot themed area.
Vanish Point ~ No excuse, lame theme.
Meltdown ~ Not sure, but it seems that it describes the ride more than a theme, being meltdown, as if sledding on snow you are going fast?
Wild Thang ~ Wasn't there a 50's & 60's song with that name, I believe I heard it payed in the park at one point in time?

I will say I think the theme is still very portrayed through most of the attractions; I will agree a few are more or less themed to describe themselves I guess, but in general the park itself is themed fine just the music needs to be kept on point.

Reactions: superfomi
chickenking said:
So I know there is a .pdf on the website, Water Country USA - Map 2013 but are there actual paper maps given out somewhere? I have never seen them in the three years I have been going here. I guess it would be strange to have all of that paper getting wet and ending up in pools. :cool:

Bringing this thread back to topic...

On opening day I looked for maps and found none.
I asked customer service and two other employees and they said there were none.
When asked why, the response was: "Don't want all of that paper jamming up the pool filters."
When asked have they ever had them, the response was: "Not that I recall."

So I am without a map for my collection unless I print out my own on crap paper. :(

Water Country had maps at one point, but I guess they were jamming up the filters and causing a general mess of things so they were pulled. You might be able to score Busch/Water Country two-park maps at any local hotels/tourist info centers, but that's as close to a Water Country map as you're gonna get.

Reactions: Party Rocker
Consider Donating to Hide This Ad