Register or Login to Hide This Ad for Free!
As a resident of Arlington, who went to school in DC...

The wheel and spoke overlaid on a grid is a disaster and a myth. Streets don’t go through or are one way. No two traffic circles have the same rules. The intersections are nuts. There are random roads like the Rock Creek Parkway that don’t follow the pretend design. No one is from here, so everyone drives differently.

It is driving hell.

As a resident of Arlington, who went to school in DC...

The wheel and spoke overlaid on a grid is a disaster and a myth. Streets don’t go through or are one way. No two traffic circles have the same rules. The intersections are nuts. There are random roads like the Rock Creek Parkway that don’t follow the pretend design. No one is from here, so everyone drives differently.

It is driving hell.

I love visiting DC with my parents, but they always wonder why I just park at Vienna and take the metro—then I let my dad drive in once.

They quit asking why I do that.

Reactions: Zimmy and Nicole
I love visiting DC with my parents, but they always wonder why I just park at Vienna and take the metro—then I let my dad drive in once.

They quit asking why I do that.

I take the train for Richmond ($45 round trip FTW!); then let Uber and Taxis figure it out for me. But since I mostly stay in the mall I tend to walk everywhere. I tend to do a full day in DC for lass than $150.

Consider Donating to Hide This Ad