Register or Login to Hide This Ad for Free!
Nov 24, 2009
I would much prefer security cameras and appropriate monitoring staff than free wifi
I would prefer they work with a cellular provider to do coverage testing and install small cells and work on cellular coverage over unsecure wifi.

horsesboy

DarKoaster stalker
Advisory Panel
Silver Donor
Jun 16, 2013
Why does anyone need WiFi at an amusement park…. Time to put the silicon obsession down.

Many different reasons. Also a often single guest it's not uncommon for me to enjoy my Pokemon Go or a youtube video while waiting in a long line. The cell service in the area also has been know to over load on busy nights making calls or even text hard to get through so wifi chat aps might be use full to groups who get separated. I have also heard that the park is moving toward order ahead and cashless options with the new having a reliable coverage seems like a necessity for those plans. Looking up show times and navigating through the park for those non frequent guest since they don't have maps anymore. An most importantly accessing Parkfans and BGWFans get get and share important info.

Nov 24, 2009
Wifi is there you jsut cant use it. I remember being provided with wifi passwords for media events the first few years of Christmas Town and around the years of The Darkside of the Gardens and it worled well.

Reactions: Le Moose

Zachary

Administrator
Sep 23, 2009
Virginia
Wifi is there you jsut cant use it. I remember being provided with wifi passwords for media events the first few years of Christmas Town and around the years of The Darkside of the Gardens and it worled well.

They used to setup temporary networks specifically for those events—that was back when they invested WAY too much money into media and VIP events.

Regardless, this is a topic for another thread.

Nov 24, 2009
They used to setup temporary networks specifically for those events—that was back when they invested WAY too much money into media and VIP events.

Regardless, this is a topic for another thread.
The hardware was/is there but it’s locked and not visible. It’s also not robust enough to handle hundreds of connections at once. However there have been upgrades over the past few years.
Side note I personally enjoyed the events and while they were nice they weren’t hugely over the top and expensive…..well other than the Verbolten opening. That was probably pretty pricey.

Dec 10, 2014
I would prefer they work with a cellular provider to do coverage testing and install small cells and work on cellular coverage over unsecure wifi.
That actually happened few years ago. There are small cells installed on the roofs in Ireland, Italy around Marco Polo, and also somewhere around the Festhaus. Much better solution than in-park wifi.

horsesboy

DarKoaster stalker
Advisory Panel
Silver Donor
Jun 16, 2013
If only you could get reception inside the Festhaus.
Festaus' wifi has worked fairly decently fir me on most visits. It's the only place in the park that I usually get wifi

Nov 24, 2009
Festhaus has been much better in the past year or so both on wifi and cellular....of course we havent had the massive crowds inside there either.

Consider Donating to Hide This Ad