Register or Login to Hide This Ad for Free!
We had a pretzel at BGW the other day and that thing had to of been in the warmer all day....it was hard as concrete.

Honestly.....that's the sign of a great soft pretzel. In a warmer like that, good soft pretzels should only last about 2-3 hours (tops) because they are still holding moisture. The outside should be cooked (put in boiling water) in some type of crisping agent (caustic flakes boiled in water is the best), and when baked (put in the oven) it should be done till just barely golden brown. If you cooked the pretzel right, after baking there will still be moisture in the dough with makes it soft. The downside is there isn't a great amount of shelf life. It why many places go for a bread based dough, because when cooked (baking soda) its not cooked in a crisping agent, and it's also baked much longer (baking in moisture) to have a longer shelf life.

To quote my credibility on this topic:
https://books.google.com/books?id=7...q=mumma's pretzel bakery lancaster pa&f=false

Take a look at the caption, the name of the guy behind the counter, and deduce from my username :)

Like I said, sitting under the heater too long.

Hard pretzels typically went through a “drier oven”. Lower temp, took about an hour. Basically evaporated all the moisture.

Oversimplifying things: real pretzels split, bead based don’t.

Thats my point, they were old and should not have been sold. When I asked aparently they were all the same age.

Reactions: The Quist
They are notorious for letting the pretzels sit too long.

My advice, go early or go on a busy day.

Take a look at the caption, the name of the guy behind the counter, and deduce from my username :)

Fellow resident of the unCommonwealth, eh?

I think it's time I made the 90-minute drive west for capital-P Pretzels. Lancaster is pretty much on the way to Hershey for me, and I owe my family a trip there, so...

Fellow resident of the unCommonwealth, eh?

I think it's time I made the 90-minute drive west for capital-P Pretzels. Lancaster is pretty much on the way to Hershey for me, and I owe my family a trip there, so...

At one time for a while :) For the good ones stop in at Sturgis Pretzels in Lititz Pa. Same as we made them, and as a bonus you get to hang out in the Coolest Small Town in America.

Reactions: halfabee
Lititz is a really quaint little town. I always have to get my dad Shuey's pretzels when I'm in Lancaster.

During my most recent trip to WDW (June 2019), I found the food to be very inconsistent. The flatbread at Pinocchio's in Magic Kingdom was horrible. It was dry to point of being hard while also lacking toppings and flavor. It was not worth the $11. However, over at EPCOT the meal at the Liberty Inn was quite good. The BBQ Surprise Bowl was full of food, flavor and well worth the money. I think any park can have off days, but I feel a get a pretty good value at BG. I know to avoid O'taters and Festhaus during regular season. KD is never good and way overpriced, but that's why they have a low ticket price, because they make up their money in food and drink sales. Long live Trapper's!!!

Yeah and gay meant happy at one point in time too. Words have definition changes. Just because you can use a word, doesn't mean you should. Using rape in this sense is not appropriate and has made several people uncomfortable. Not to mention it minimises the impact of the word when it actually needs to be used for cases of actual rape, and not just "I had really shit food."

Consider Donating to Hide This Ad