Register or Login to Hide This Ad for Free!
Jan 28, 2010
Tbh, I’d rather have higher prices instead of smaller portions.

I agree. With so many "snack food options" around the park (pretzels, popcorn, churros, ice cream, donuts, funnel cakes, etc), if I'm going to pay for a meal I want a decent amount of food. If I wanted a less food or to spend less money, I'd go with one of the aforementioned options instead.

Reactions: Zachary
Nov 24, 2009
I personally think the food prices are outrageous. Over the past handful of years prices have jumped but we are getting less. Another issue is what you are getting, it seems anymore it’s a crap shoot on if you get what you should and something always seems to be missing because they were out of it. I can still remember the brisket platter that had a mound of meat, cup of sauce, pile of fries and a delicious roll. Now all you get is a few fatty pieces of meat and fries. We went to Josephine’s Saturday, ordered a banana split and she says we are out of walnuts is that ok? I said yea but when I got my order she called my name and said banana split no nuts....so I asked and they weren’t out of them. We have got to the point that we stop and eat before we go to the park and the cost is half and you get twice the food.

Aug 23, 2017
I personally think the food prices are outrageous. Over the past handful of years prices have jumped but we are getting less. Another issue is what you are getting, it seems anymore it’s a crap shoot on if you get what you should and something always seems to be missing because they were out of it. I can still remember the brisket platter that had a mound of meat, cup of sauce, pile of fries and a delicious roll. Now all you get is a few fatty pieces of meat and fries. We went to Josephine’s Saturday, ordered a banana split and she says we are out of walnuts is that ok? I said yea but when I got my order she called my name and said banana split no nuts....so I asked and they weren’t out of them. We have got to the point that we stop and eat before we go to the park and the cost is half and you get twice the food.
For someone who appears to visit parks often you should know the pricing standards. The food is priced for profit, and compared to the Mighty Mouse the prices at bgw are even very low. Kd prices are higher, six flags food is terrible for the same price or higher, and as mention Hershey is higher as well.

Essentially you might as well complain about movie theatre concession prices. Are the prices high vs quick service/fast food out of the parks? Yes, but this is all part of the business model that nearly every park in the country uses.

I still expect for people to complain about prices, but if you stop and realize that all these cool new rides and events are being paid for with your food and merch purchases, you might be less likely to do so.

Nov 24, 2009
KD prices are very hight as well and nothing there is appealing to me, I keep trying new things but its the same old stuff so we very rarely dine there. I never compared BGW to the Mouse but if you want to go there I feel the quality of the WDW food is better and food saftey is much higher. We had a pretzel at BGW the other day and that thing had to of been in the warmer all day....it was hard as concrete. In Disneys Magic Kingdom at Pecos Bills they sell a 1/3 pount bacon angus cheeseburger for $13.49 with fries and the huge toppings bar and drinks come with free drink refills. Then theres the Angus Beef Burger at Beaches and Cream, a full on table service location for $17.00. How much is a burger going for now at Squires that is a crappy premade frozen patty that comes with lettuce, a pale tomato slice, a pickle or two on a bun that is sometimes burnt and your seating options are outside with a fly swarming your food on a table covered with ants. And I do visit the parks often, very often and for us dropping $70 for 4 people on burgers on a paper plate and plastic tray is steep to do a few times a week. I understand the point is to make money but when you finish eating and have regret for the amount of money you just spent for what you ate its depressing.
Lastly for the money to build new rides. Thats the same line of crap that was said when the memberships started with the massive price increase. I could give two shits less about the new coaster, and FF I rode and is it fun yea but now I just walk by. They need family rides, they royally screwed up when they removed the leMans cars and have done nothing good since. My wife does not enjoy coasters, and I enjoy doing things we both want to do. So in reality there is only 2 rides in the park, the train and cable cars. Bfe is a family ride but the suck factor on that one is through the roof and when they get rid of that soon it wont be soon enough.

Reactions: Flyer
Oct 7, 2011
I never compared BGW to the Mouse but if you want to go there I feel the quality of the WDW food is better and food saftey is much higher.
Totally agree that we shouldn't compare the two.

My wife ate some chicken at Disney's Art of Animation cafe and got sick beyond belief with food poisoning. It pretty much knocked her out for two full days, confined to the hotel. Disney's response was (1) casual, total lack of surprise that they poisoned a guest and (2) chucking some extra FastPasses at us. Which she couldn't use, because they had made her sick beyond belief. The culprit must have been some of that mysterious "Magic" they put in everything.

Whereas BGW food has never made me, or anyone I know, sick at all.

So I wouldn't compare the two when it comes to food safety. In my experience they are indeed worlds apart.

Feb 13, 2019
Fun story. I had a burger at the Commissary in Hollywood Studios. It had a steel screw in it. A screw! How does that happen? Also, they did nothing other than make me a new burger. They didn’t even seem surprised or apologetic.

When it comes down to it, everyone’s experiences are different. I do have higher expectations for WDW than any other park, especially for the price you pay. But I think BGW has great food for a regional park. Much better than KD or HP in my opinion.

Last edited:

BGWnut

Advisory Panel
Sep 24, 2018
How much is a burger going for now at Squires that is a crappy premade frozen patty that comes with lettuce, a pale tomato slice, a pickle or two on a bun that is sometimes burnt and your seating options are outside with a fly swarming your food on a table covered with ants.
Off topic but the burgers at BGW and WCUSA are not premade frozen patties. They use a scooper to scoop fresh ground beef on to the griddle then there is an arm that comes down and smashes them into a patty form. This changed for the 2018 season. Before that they were frozen and premade.

Edit: fixed mistype

Last edited:
Nov 24, 2009
Off topic but the burgers at BGW and WCUSA are not premade frozen patties. They use a scooper ttoscoop fresh ground beef on to the griddle then there is an arm that comes down and smashes them into a patty form. This changed for the 2018 season. Before that they were frozen and premade.
Interesting, I will check that out tonight. Ive defiantely had burgers since then but didnt even notice.

Reactions: BGWnut
Aug 9, 2016
Virginia Beach
The pretzels in the pretzel shop by Verbolten are excellent. They are fresh made and I have never had a bad one. Recently, the husband and I have been trying the different fries at Les Frites. They are also very good and have always been fresh when we ordered. We don't spend too much when we go to the park on food, but we definitely try to get one item to split each time.

Apr 29, 2011
We had a pretzel at BGW the other day and that thing had to of been in the warmer all day....it was hard as concrete.

The last time I got a Mickey Pretzel at MK (from the Lunching Pad) that thing was so hard I could’ve thrown it at the Tron construction site and knocked down all the supports and track they’ve put up! I was however able to swap it out for a cream cheese stuffed pretzel which was great but they really shouldn’t be serving food harder than Captain America’s shield.

Ice

↑%
Silver Donor
Jan 5, 2018
DC Area
I highly suggest for those complaining about how prices add up during the day to look at the dining plan. Me and my girlfriend split a dining plan (oopsies) and just get our side an entree every 90 minutes and it's plenty of food to keep us going throughout the day, for 40$. More than our money's worth.

I've said it before, but beste brezeln is broken when it comes to this, as a whole pretzel counts as a side. So you can walk out with two pretzels as your redemption for that 90 minutes. Great snack between meals. Other eateries have weird quirks with the dining plan as well, so just try it out. Worst case you end up having 8 plates of brisket for 40$.

Reactions: GrandpaD
Nov 24, 2009
Which is great if you are there all day, but for me like today will only be getting to the park about 7:30 after stopping at Pierces for a Burger on the way.

Merboy

Resident Sea Monster
Oct 25, 2009
Raleigh, NC
www.thelanternlight.com
Fun story. I had a burger at the Commissary in Hollywood Studios. It had a steel screw in it. A screw! How does that happen? Also, they did nothing other than make me a new burger. They didn’t even seem surprised or apologetic.

When it comes down to it, everyone’s experiences are different. I do have higher expectations for WDW than any other park, especially for the price you pay. But I think BGW has great food for a regional park. Much better than KD or HP in my opinion.

Don't want to derail the continued conversation but if this were me I would put this on social media. Not sure how you all feel about that approach but I know if something this disgusting and potentially dangerous happened then that park would do a lot more than re-make your meal if they were trying to avoid a media blacklash.

A screw? A screw!?

Jonesta6

Glumble
Feb 14, 2019
Which is great if you are there all day, but for me like today will only be getting to the park about 7:30 after stopping at Pierces for a Burger on the way.

All the way to Pierce's for a burger when you could be having a JC special or other smoked meat? Blasphemy...

Mar 20, 2019
Agreed, after finishing up at Hershey for the first time in a while, the food at Busch is generous. Hershey's food pricing to portion ratio is criminal.

I feel the same about King's Dominion and Six Flags. Busch Gardens generally pleases me with the quality and quantity of food you get per dollar. I always feel raped after eating at other regional parks.

Reactions: BGWnut
Consider Donating to Hide This Ad