Register or Login to Hide This Ad for Free!
What are some rides that you think are overhyped. Mine is I305 at KD which hurts my shoulders and back and it’s just not that fun.
Yeah I like 305 but it's not nearly as high on my list as it is for a lot of people. Flight of Fear is on my list of most hyped I heard for years the launch was great but it just doesn't do much for me.

The Raven was this for me. I remember hearing so many people rave about it, and while it is a good ride, the expectations were made too high when I finally got to ride it and I was let down a bit. That 5th drop delivered though, for sure.

The Raven was this for me. I remember hearing so many people rave about it, and while it is a good ride, the expectations were made too high when I finally got to ride it and I was let down a bit. That 5th drop delivered though, for sure.

This was my experience with The Raven too. It's a great wooden coaster, but I don't rank it anywhere near as high as many people seem to. It's one of those coasters I honestly think I would have enjoyed more had the hype not existed. Also, Legend > Raven.

Volcano was one.

This is another one I'll get onboard with—but it's a much different situation than, say, Raven, in my opinion. I think enthusiast hype around Volcano was pretty well tuned while the coaster existed—the consensus seemed to be "neat, unique coaster in an iconic structure"—which I think is where I am on it. That said, after Volcano went down in 2018, the enthusiast hive mind began to drift towards the general public's thinking on Volcano—that it was one of the greatest coasters in the region.

I believe Volcano was an immensely important coaster to KD and one of the most incredible "off-ride coasters" that has ever existed—but also that it just wasn't actually that great of a ride. After the rollout—meh.

I'll also toss out a pair of my own additions to this thread. I find both Ohio B&M inverts—Raptor and Banshee—to be wildly overhyped. They are both near the bottom of my B&M invert rankings.

I'm just waiting for someone to say a certain widely-adored defunct attraction from BGW.

I will resort to personal attacks if someone decides to be that idiotic. Oh that's right, this shit is premeditated.
Draken Fire was definitely overrated

For me the overhyped ride had to be mako. People rave nonstop about it. Yes it’s a great ride- the only reason it’s above the other I’ve ridden (Apollo) is because it has more consistent airtime. The “5-second floater hill” is not 5 seconds.

• Dislike
Reactions: AlpenChariot
(Over) Hype -rSonic. Only rode it once, but it was not worth the 2.5 hour wait. Volcano was up there too, but at least it was somewhat unique. Oh, and Mean Streak. The only ride I've ever been on and refused to get on again. Well, at least until SteVe opened, now that's one of my favorites.

I only got one ride on X2 when I visited... But really didn't understand all the hype about that ride. It's definitely pretty crazy and the restraint system is awesome, but I guess I was expecting to be more out of control than I was based on whatd I'd heard.

The first 30 seconds of ride time on Iron Gwazi delivered and the last 30 seconds was just kinda "meh" for me.

From BGW: Verbolten
Fron KD: Volcano :(
All time: Millenium Force
I would argue Verbolten depends of if you are talking original Verbolten which I felt lived up to expectations pretty well or unmaintaned Verbolten which obviously doesn't.

(Over) Hype -rSonic. Only rode it once, but it was not worth the 2.5 hour wait. Volcano was up there too, but at least it was somewhat unique. Oh, and Mean Streak. The only ride I've ever been on and refused to get on again. Well, at least until SteVe opened, now that's one of my favorites.
Volcano was never my #1 coaster but it was always my favorite ride..... It basically just always made me smile -- always. I often went to KD and just rode it over and over again. I never thought I could be so devastated over the loss of a coaster as I was when that one went -- and I assure you it wasn't an issue of me suddenly changing my opinion when it was closing.

Mean Streak was actually an incredible ride until they slowed it down..... As odd as it might sound that ride got stupid rough when it went slower. I can see the over-rated statement based on the end of it's life solely but a lot of the people that were hyping it were actually still remembering it from it's earlier years.

I can't believe no one has mentioned Griffon yet it's OK but doesn't really do that much for me.

Consider Donating to Hide This Ad