Register or Login to Hide This Ad for Free!
It's fault, I think, is that 46" is a bit too high -- not saying that there isn't a reason for that, just that it would be even more awesome as a 42" coaster.
At 42" the intensity would have to come down or the restraints completely redone for smaller children. 42 or 44 inches would probably send a better message that the ride is meant for kids since 46 kind of gets lumped in with 48.

Reactions: SLC Headache
White Lightning and Lightning Rod are the only (or very nearly the only) coasters that would quality as an actual hybird coaster. What is generally regarded as a hybrid coaster (the RMC conversions, Gemini, Voyage, CIC, etc) is really nothing more than marketing or a very broad description.

Yes, though Lightning Rod has gotten a bit sketchier in this regard. Certainly parts of it are still topper track and would to me qualify as actually hybrid. Sort of a hybrid hybrid.

At 42" the intensity would have to come down or the restraints completely redone for smaller children. 42 or 44 inches would probably send a better message that the ride is meant for kids since 46 kind of gets lumped in with 48.
That's (the restraints) kind of what I was alluding to with the "not saying there isn't a reason" but I think the intensity is fine.... Phoenix and Twister are 42" and I know many kids that little that love the intensity. I wasn't even really thinking about 46" being lumped in with 48" but that's actually a very good point as well. I think there are a lot of parks that really miss the importance of that 40-48" height range and how big of a gap there is -- and it's ironically usually the parks that try to promote visiting as a family that have the biggest gaps (BGW and CP are the most notable parks with gaps)

Reactions: SLC Headache
I LOVE Raven. Did you get any night rides on it? It's a whole different beast. I was able to ride it 14 times in a row in the pitch black at their second Holiwood nights event and each ride kept getting better than the previous one.
I have, over different years and seasons. Just didn't live up to the sky-high expectations I had been given of it from other enthusiasts and how often it was winning golden ticket awards at the time. First time I went to HW in '99 I was expecting something that would be immediate top 5, and it didn't meet that.

intimdator 305, it stays too low to the ground
wish it was more like leviathan and actually did cool stuff, all this one does is turns and be red'

edit: and yellow cant forget abt that, perfect for a sweet ass retheme called giraffe racers! (its a dueling b&m giga for those who dont know, thoughts?)

Just making sure, this is a joke, right?
what abt is is a joke? its slow, doesnt have tight transitions, it just noodles around. it doesnt serve a purpose. maybe if it was intense like moonsault scramble (my favorite credit) then i could appreciate it, right now it just serves a bathroom break on my way down from cedar point to busch gardens tampa to ride iron gwazi) (dont get me started on that ride...)

what abt is is a joke? its slow, doesnt have tight transitions, it just noodles around. it doesnt serve a purpose. maybe if it was intense like moonsault scramble (my favorite credit) then i could appreciate it, right now it just serves a bathroom break on my way down from cedar point to busch gardens tampa to ride iron gwazi) (dont get me started on that ride...)
Funny guy

For me, Lightning Rod. Don't get me wrong, it was an enjoyable ride, just not as great IMO, as people made it out to be. I prefer SteVe & TT over LR, personally. Also, I wasn't sold on I305 initially, but after riding it more I enjoy it a lot more than I first did. I still think Fury & Millennium are better IMO. Hoping to ride Orion in the future.

Reactions: EdK
Boulder dash is very overrated. Don’t get me wrong it’s great but not incredible. Still top 10 worthy though.

"I305 doesn't have tight transitions" - huh? It whips as hard as Maverick with each transition. Maybe the elements are a little more drawn out because they're taken at far higher speeds with far longer trains.

Phoenix is only great because it is well cared for and has the old school minimal contact restraints. Take those away and you have Wolverine Wildcat - I don't see enthusiasts praising that ride much. Back to Knoebels, Twister and Flying Turns deserve as much love.

Volcano was a one-trick pony, but that trick alone was worth riding again for.

Reactions: Coasternerd
"I305 doesn't have tight transitions" - huh? It whips as hard as Maverick with each transition. Maybe the elements are a little more drawn out because they're taken at far higher speeds with far longer trains.

Phoenix is only great because it is well cared for and has the old school minimal contact restraints. Take those away and you have Wolverine Wildcat - I don't see enthusiasts praising that ride much. Back to Knoebels, Twister and Flying Turns deserve as much love.

Volcano was a one-trick pony, but that trick alone was worth riding again for.
You say that like the restraints on Phoenix aren't another good reason for it to get so much praise.

Consider Donating to Hide This Ad