Register or Login to Hide This Ad for Free!
Similar wait at G&G on Sunday and they said it was because everything being made from scratch. They "open when it's ready."

I'm fine with this approach and even prefer it to ensure quality food. Just don't put hard open times. Have the sign say "estimated opening" or at least parade someone outside to update the line and then make a spectacle of the opening.

Reactions: Mwe BGW and Zachary
Similar wait at G&G on Sunday and they said it was because everything being made from scratch. They "open when it's ready."

I'm fine with this approach and even prefer it to ensure quality food. Just don't put hard open times. Have the sign say "estimated opening" or at least parade someone outside to update the line and then make a spectacle of the opening.
I work in the food industry if you are off by almost an hour on you estimate of prep time to have food ready you are doing something wrong. If that is the reason for these delays then something is seriously broken in the process.

Reactions: warfelg
When it did finally open the menu was not complete and some items sold out almost immediately with no backup prepared.
When I went into outpost cafe around 3:30-ish today, they had the entire menu available except for the chocolate cake. It’s likely they were just out of some times and were cooking them before they needed them restocked on the serving line. Everything tasted as it should too.

Last night, they did run out of the fry bread during a busy rush of guests, but they did give it once it was available after checkout to anyone requesting it. They were also serving bigger side portions too during this little interruption.

I almost never eat right when the park and restaurants open since they all (and I mean almost any restaurant at an amusement park) might have some opening hiccups.

Reactions: Coasternerd
A lot of incidental factors can cause a singular bad day at a theme park restaurant — it doesn’t have to be an indicator of a larger trend. Maybe the restaurant manager called out sick and whatever supervisor they brought in from another location for the day wasn’t up to snuff. Maybe they had a ton of last-minute no-shows or callouts.

That doesn’t excuse a poor guest experience, but I’m not worried about a (seemingly thus far) isolated incident being a bellwether of bad things to come for the park’s culinary scene.

I put zero stock in anecdotal bad reviews, because people get angry over stupid things and have lost all semblance of patience. Things happen. We've lost the grace to allow that.

Reactions: bwick29
I put zero stock in anecdotal bad reviews, because people get angry over stupid things and have lost all semblance of patience. Things happen. We've lost the grace to allow that.
Disagree because it is case by case.

Opening an eatery 5 minutes late is “things happen”. As late as Outpost and G&G opened is an issue.

Disagree because it is case by case.

Opening an eatery 5 minutes late is “things happen”. As late as Outpost and G&G opened is an issue.
Disagree all you want, it's an opinion. I don't trust other people's opinions anymore, because I've come to know too many other people. And People are, in general, the worst.

It appears like Outpost is not up to par today. Three entrees ordered. 1 chicken was burnt and dry, 1 chicken was just dry, and the prime rib is shoe leather and burnt. The plastic fork wouldnt even cut it.

Hope this is just a fluke and not the new normal...

Attachments

• 20230603_174509.jpg
    20230603_174509.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 28
  • Wow
Reactions: Zachary and Mwe BGW
It appears like Outpost is not up to par today. Three entrees ordered. 1 chicken was burnt and dry, 1 chicken was just dry, and the prime rib is shoe leather and burnt. The plastic fork wouldnt even cut it.

Hope this is just a fluke and not the new normal...
I ate there Tuesday and the quality was just as good as always I would just chuck this up to one bad visit unless a trend pops up

It appears like Outpost is not up to par today. Three entrees ordered. 1 chicken was burnt and dry, 1 chicken was just dry...

I had the chicken at Outpost tonight (Sunday), and I'm pleased to report that it was just as good as it's been all season - where just look at how big and juicy this bird is:

IMG_2837.jpg

Speaking of chicken. Just last weekend I had the rotisserie chicken at Carowind's Blue Ridge Country Kitchen, and it couldn't even come close to even the lesser-most servings of chicken that I've had at Outpost this year.

So though the food at KD is certainly not perfect every visit. Honestly, its quality is still soo much better overall, vs most other parks, where I feel so fortunate.

Oh thank goodness. I was genuinely surprised they served what they did and it had me a bit worried. I've never seen it "bad" before so it was kind of a shock. Appreciate seeing the update!

For reference points y at Cost purchase of prime rib for work as a 70 pound case has gone up to $14.78 a pound. Even if KD was getting a significant bulk discount it for it that still has to be a difficult one for them to hit a decent price point on and hit their profit margins. I applaud them for trying to find a close item to replace it with rather then just yanking it.

Consider Donating to Hide This Ad