Register or Login to Hide This Ad for Free!
So, even though this restaurant has operated under its current name since 2008, I just now noticed the clever little joke Cedar Fair blew Paramount's way by naming it Outer Hanks. Obviously, Tom Hanks was the star of the movie Forrest Gump, after which this restaurant was named during Paramount's reign ("Bubba Gump Shrimp Shack"). So they "outed" Hanks when Cedar Fair renamed the restaurant? Get it? Outer Hanks?

I can't believe I just noticed this now.

The sign at Outer Hanks was (finally!) replaced this weekend.
outerhanks7a9da.jpg

For comparison, here's what it looked like just last weekend:
outerhanksbad.jpg

Did this place ever serve po'boys? We went in hoping they had them but it was standard fried fair (fish, shrimp or chicken strips) and grilled chicken sandwiches. I really wish they had a better selection in the park. Everywhere seems to be the same.

I see they used to have them on the 2014 menu posted as well as BBQ sandwiches. Didn't see those options anywhere on the menu Sunday.

Reactions: SWStevo
strycker said:
Did this place ever serve po'boys?  We went in hoping they had them but it was standard fried fair (fish, shrimp or chicken strips) and grilled chicken sandwiches.  I really wish they had a better selection in the park.  Everywhere seems to be the same.

I see they used to have them on the 2014 menu posted as well as BBQ sandwiches.  Didn't see those options anywhere on the menu Sunday.
I think the po boys went to the new restaurant in the water park area when it opened last year. They do have at keast 3 places with bbq around the oark. It's been my experience that over the last 3 or 4 years they done a nice job changing out the kd brand restaurants so that each one is a little different.

Reactions: Zachary
They should just have a cut out of Jr. Samples at every eateries with a sign that says $14.99.
"How much is the chicken?"
"14.99"
"How much for a burger an fries?
"14.99"
"Oh hell, I'll just have me a corn dog"
"That'll be 14.99"

• Haha
Reactions: Logang
There are 608 calories in one whole pound of whitefish. This looks to be half of that, leaving 304 calories for the actual fish. What the hell is in this fish?!?!

Studying nutrition is kinda my thing, so I’m almost certain that these numbers are way off. For the sampler basket, it looks like they literally added the full caloric value of each component of the sampler without taking into account the smaller portions of each. Unhealthy as a platter full of deep fried food may be, over 3000 calories in that little entree is basically impossible.

They should really fix that figure because I bet a lot of people will pass on the sampler because of it. Hey, even at theme parks people have SOME nutritional standards :p

Yes. It makes the sampler platter look like a much better deal than it is. I see 3000 calories and I'm thinking it will feed the family.

Random thought, but Outter Hanks sounds like what Tom Hanks would name his beach house deck.

Consider Donating to Hide This Ad