Register or Login to Hide This Ad for Free!
Sep 2, 2010
130
96
90
I know everyone is focused on Mach tower/oktoberfest/catapult being the bigger changes to the park this year, but I was wondering if anyone had any others (I meant to post this pic/thread a week ago, but I forgot about the pic)

The biggest change I saw was the removal of The Oyster's Secret (widening of the path) and the addition of a few tables next to where it was.
 

Attachments

  • DSCI0049.JPG
    DSCI0049.JPG
    1 MB · Views: 55

Zachary

Administrator
Sep 23, 2009
15,843
46,005
260
Virginia
There are multiple games that have been removed from Oktoberfest, a small owl cage was added to the front of the stables, and apparently there where changes made inside the Festhaus as well, but I haven't been in there yet this year.
 
Jun 22, 2010
678
54
90
On themeparkcentral.net I wrote about the park opening, and all the changes that I noticed, theres a paragraph about minor changes.
 
Jul 22, 2010
3,014
1,466
250
http://themeparkcentral.net./
Busch Gardens Williamsburg opened its doors to park guests last weekend on Saturday March 26, 2011. Busch Gardens 36th season has officially started!
The park had a lot of changes this year, some big and some small. One of the less obvious changes happened immediately as you walked into the park, the Guest Information & Reservation Center has moved to where Adventure Photos was in the past years. In Festa Italia, La Cucina is still La Cucina but it is now an all you can eat buffet of pizza, pasta, deserts, and other tasty creations. In France, La Belle Maison (the jewelry shop) now has walls up around it and has unfortunately been replaced by nothing. In New France, Der Katapult was moved to where the Canadian Palladium used to be, which is not removed. The ride is now repainted a bright red color, as well as renamed to Le Catapult.
Okay, I have bored you long enough about the small changes to the park, now for some major changes. Festival Italiano has been replaces by a brand new show called Mix It Up! The new show features chef musicians playing Italy’s most famous songs and dancing waiters scrambling around the stage. The show is about 20 minutes long and is sure to entertain.
On October 18, 2011 Busch Gardens announced a two year, two phase renovation plan coming to the Oktoberfest section of the park. Phase 1, which will be completed this year, open a new beer garden and pretzel shop called Beste Brezeln und Bier, a new 240 foot drop tower name Mäch Tower, and to redesign the beloved Oktoberfest section of the park. Unfortunately none of those things were completed by Saturday, Beste Brezeln und Bier will be opening next weekend and Mäch Tower will not open until late spring. As for the redesign of Oktoberfest, that cannot be completed until Beste Brezeln und Bier and Mäch Tower opens.

Now that I have told you about everything that has changed let’s really talk about opening day! With only a high of 45°F and a 30% chance of rain, the park was not very crowded at all for an opening day. Lines were no longer than a 10 minute wait. Even with the cold temperatures and freezing wind chill while on the coasters, park guests were enjoying them. The park did have some rides go down during the day, to name a few, Apollo’s Chariot, which was down for only a few minutes, and Curse of DarKastle, which was down for about 10 minutes (which I got to experience considering I was half way thru the ride at the time. One thing that I thought was great that the announcements for the ride, telling riders the ride had stopped, were King Ludwig’s voice, they themed the breakdown announcement!). Overall Busch Gardens had an amazing opening day and started their 36th season off great!



By Micheal
 
Jun 10, 2010
203
131
120
The restrooms at the stables were changed and a couple of the guest services in England are different. Where do you go now inside the park to get any pass work done?
 
Aug 14, 2010
620
761
210
ScoutN said:
http://themeparkcentral.net./
One of the less obvious changes happened immediately as you walked into the park, the Guest Information & Reservation Center has moved to where Adventure Photos was in the past years.


I thought they moved the Guest Services from last year. Glad my mind wasn't playing tricks on me.
 
Jun 16, 2010
15
1
20
Yeah, it was 45 degrees on opening day yet they still let you work the water cannons on EfP. If you were the one I squirted for 25 cents, sorry :)
 
Jun 23, 2010
223
220
120
I don't understand the removal of The Oyster's Secret building in France. From the picture I saw somewhere, it looked incomplete and noticeably like something was missing. It looked like some tables placed on a cement slab with some planters that looked inadeqate and temporary, and the newly exposed wall looked rather stark. Does anyone else suspect that this area is not yet complete? I can't imagine why they would remove a retail building and replace it with this. If the merchandise wasn't selling well enough, I'd think they'd change the shop, not remove it for a few tables.
 
Aug 27, 2010
1,112
774
250
Steeeeve said:
Yeah, it was 45 degrees on opening day yet they still let you work the water cannons on EfP. If you were the one I squirted for 25 cents, sorry :)


I love the that number 1 cannon. Spent $25 on it one day I did... I also put quarters in all of the cannons so all the kids surrounding could squirt a whole train with all the cannons a few times... Man Im gonna spend so much on those darn things this year... And if the new pretzels taste good, those too...
 
Aug 18, 2010
883
24
70
I hate those cannons and the water cannons were installed after BlackStone bought the park.
 

Sky

Jul 7, 2010
1,030
1,022
250
Florida
On the demolition of the "Oyster's Secret," I believe it was done for two reasons: financial and for IllumiNights. The floats and acts had very little room for passage through Aquitaine with that store in their way. Now they have almost twice the passage size. Here's a picture for a better explanation. All credit goes to AmusementPics.com of course. Le Exposition' Picture Just a thought.

-Sky
 
Jun 22, 2010
678
54
90
I love thos water cannons, they are so much fun. On opening day these two girls had on ponchos, they didnt get wet on the drop and took them off. Well of course right when they took them off a water cannon got them, haha it was very funny.
 
Oct 29, 2010
25
25
40
Pittsburgh, PA
I am against the water cannons. The ride used to be a "themed" experience that cooled u off without soaking u. Now if it is a little cooler out I avoid the great ride cause I don't want to get soaked.
 
Jun 23, 2010
223
220
120
I also agree that Pompei was better without the water cannons. I liked that you could get a little wet and enjoy the experience of the ride without getting soaked. Now it's possilble to get very wet, which is a detriment to the attraction, solely at the expense of someone else's fun and someone else's desire to make money.
 
Mar 24, 2010
179
97
90
Williamsburg
Skyrider said:
On the demolition of the "Oyster's Secret," I believe it was done for two reasons: financial and for IllumiNights. The floats and acts had very little room for passage through Aquitaine with that store in their way. Now they have almost twice the passage size. Here's a picture for a better explanation. All credit goes to AmusementPics.com of course. Le Exposition' Picture Just a thought.

-Sky

The only reason they altered the area was clearance for Illuminights.
 
Apr 21, 2010
2,544
2,820
250
oldtimer said:
Skyrider said:
On the demolition of the "Oyster's Secret," I believe it was done for two reasons: financial and for IllumiNights. The floats and acts had very little room for passage through Aquitaine with that store in their way. Now they have almost twice the passage size. Here's a picture for a better explanation. All credit goes to AmusementPics.com of course. Le Exposition' Picture Just a thought.

-Sky

The only reason they altered the area was clearance for Illuminights.

Well I've heard from a lot of people that the parade will not be a part of IllumiNights this year.

The shop was taken out to widen that path for the busy days. That area used to be like the HRBT on weekends.
 
Jul 22, 2010
3,014
1,466
250
James said:
Well I've heard from a lot of people that the parade will not be a part of IllumiNights this year.

The shop was taken out to widen that path for the busy days. That area used to be like the HRBT on weekends.

You HoS junkies should know how it bottled up right there with the exit of Catacombs being in the courtyard.
 
Consider Donating to Hide This Ad