Register or Login to Hide This Ad for Free!
Jun 23, 2010
I'm happy to hear that an Irish band has returned to the streets of Ireland after a yearlong absence in the park. From the picture I saw posted, it looks great! Does this show have posted times? Even if it's not a stage show proper, I like it when you know when to catch a band like that, and it was always frustrating to me that the Irish band of the past never had posted times. If you remember the Boogie Band that used to perform in Germany and later in England, they always had posted times, and we always made a point to see them.

Also, can anyone say more about a new band in Italy that someone mentioned? Where and when do they perform and what does the group consist of?

Reactions: Haberdasher1973
RE: Other Entertainment

The "new" Italian band for off days of MIU is the Irish street band. They play a few tunes on the Italy stage. There are no posted times for when they play as the Irish band. They did not have microphones for them in Ireland and were very hard to hear. It was a shame as they are good. Hopefully, to be corrected and given microphones soon.

I noticed they lacked Microphones in Ireland as well, I was standing about two yards away and could not hear anything.

That's very disappointing. The previous Irish band had microphones, and it was great listening to them. I do hope they give them microphones.

Reactions: BGWScream

I've heard from one of the band members that they don't expect to get any microphones until mid to late May.
In fact, the violinist is the only one who ever has a microphone, but that's because she bought her own. I'm not sure if she always uses it though.

Yeah, it does sound rather silly. I'm still not quite sure what the holdup is for.

Shane said:
I noticed they lacked Microphones in Ireland as well, I was standing about two yards away and could not hear anything.

I noticed the microphone thing as well, however, every time I've seen them so far they've always been in a different spot throughout the hamlet. I haven't seen them perform on the center stage yet (perhaps others have?). Given that they were moving locations and didn't have amplification, I figured they were going for more of a "street show" thing, which was kind of cool. I haven't had trouble hearing them, but yeah, you do have to get up close (again part of the charm I think). It was really cool seeing them in the pub a few times.

I saw them in the pub on Sunday and they use microphones in there now as well.

I noticed a couple weekends ago that a quintet (that contained 4 instrument players and one singer) was playing in Il Teatro di San Marco. The music was very good and the singer had a really great voice; she sang in both Italian and English. Most of the songs were a mixture of both which was really cool.

Really added to the atmosphere and the sound was surprisingly great, even in the back of the theater where I was.

Oh...I was gonna say as far as "Other Entertainment" goes, it's fun to count the zombie teenagers with their cellphones. That'll keep you busy all day!

I recall a magic show next to Big Ben. It was very cool. A street performer would do some ticks and I think there was some audience participation. Do they still do this? Is it in a different spot? I have not seen it in years.

^There was also a magic show in the gazebo in Rhinefeld. It was really good and I was a participant during it. I'm a magician so I got to show him a few tricks. I miss the magic.

Reactions: kenwa

Does New France still have the lumberjack drumming crew doing their thing w/the drums & the stools?? That's always fun to watch if you can catch them!

IndyRacingNut said:
Does New France still have the lumberjack drumming crew doing their thing w/the drums & the stools?? That's always fun to watch if you can catch them!

No. That was one of two small shows that performed during the final year of the Canadian Palladium. The scrambler ride now stands on the location of the Canadian Palladium.

Reactions: Zachary
Love the nod to Bohemia and Montmartre. (Site of Moulin Rouge and the beginnings of the Bohemian Revolution). If that was what they were going for with the wardrobe, of course.

-Sky

Consider Donating to Hide This Ad