Register or Login to Hide This Ad for Free!
Sep 10, 2012
Nearby
This first part is a re-post from the Trips & Planning - Opening Day - May 18, 2013 thread:
After gymnastics in the morning, we finally made it to the park around noon. It was a cloudy day, but not yet raining. Temperatures were in the mid-high 70's with a little breeze blowing. Non-existent crowds as expected. No lines for anything. The main problem was the wind. The water temperature was perfect; nice and warm. But when you stood up to get out, that is when you got cold. So you either stay in the water or don't get in.

We played in the wave pool for an hour or more. I tried out my waterproof camera and was amazed at how well it did. Then we walked around a bit to see if there was anything new to see (report coming soon), and then proceeded to ride the Aquazoid! After a little coaxing, my daughter rode the big slide with me (video coming soon). We walked around some more and decided we were ready to go home. For me, this kind of weather & water park combination is almost perfect, but my baby was cold and beginning to shiver a little too much. We had plenty of fun for a couple of hours, but as a parent, kid's needs come first!!
:cool:

Now, to address any new stuff, changes, etc....
Unless I am blind and truly becoming senile, I don't think I really saw ANYTHING new. I think a few signs may have been touched up (see pics), but that is it. In fact, while in the wave pool, I saw that many of the signs around the edges for depths and warnings and whatnot were in desperate need of fresh paint. Some were bad enough that they could barely be read. Plus, I though that for an opening day the water was not as clean as it should have been. Sand and dirt everywhere with a few hair balls and bandages floating by for good measure. Maybe being a member of Park Fans has made me a bit of a curmudgeon, noticing and complaining about every little detail, but something in me was expecting a little better.

Attachments

• WCU - entrance sign.JPG
    WCU - entrance sign.JPG
    2.1 MB · Views: 30
  • WCU - turnstiles sign.JPG
    WCU - turnstiles sign.JPG
    2 MB · Views: 30
  • WCU - Surfer's Bay.JPG
    WCU - Surfer's Bay.JPG
    1.9 MB · Views: 32
chickenking said:
Plus, I though that for an opening day the water was not as clean as it should have been. Sand and dirt everywhere with a few hair balls and bandages floating by for good measure. Maybe being a member of Park Fans has made me a bit of a curmudgeon, noticing and complaining about every little detail, but something in me was expecting a little better.
Well I wouldn't be surprised to see this. There is always sand in the pool and I don't even know how it gets there but it is always there. And if you see some foliage in the water cut them some slack, Water Country USA is probably one of a few water parks with that many trees around it. Plus remember how we complained about how BGW was poorly prepared on Pass Member preview day. I mean it happens to all parks almost all the time on opening day, it is just a dress rehearsal. Don't worry once they start opening more and more they will get it down to a science and there will be almost no problems.
And definately don't be surprised if you don't see anything new. Water Country USA, and Adventure Island are probably at the bottom of the list for renovations right now in SWPE.
However, thanks for the update I hope I get to go soon.

Well, most of the new stuff this year is the handicap services. Makes sense why you wouldn't notice anything new :p

When I think of Summers growing up, that sound immediately drills into my head. The guards must go insane or become immune.

Sky

Consider Donating to Hide This Ad