Register or Login to Hide This Ad for Free!
Apr 11, 2017
I was at the park yesterday for opening day. I stayed until they closed. I had a blast.

To begin my review; I will say that I was impressed. Things were very well organized and ran efficiently. Being that I have been a season pass holder since 2019 of WinterFest; the gift shop employee told me about my available cash credit through KD. I was able to save a lot of money throughout the day. The only thing I paid cash for was my Fast Lane Plus Pass. I rode just about everything, but Dominator, Drop Tower and Delirium. Didn't care too much for Drop Tower because the load time was slow and it experienced an issue while we were waiting to be lifted. Dominator and Delirium got enough attention from me, during WinterFest 2019 and Taste of Season 2020. It's fair to say I rode those enough times. Being able to ride Twisted Timbers after such a long wait was thrilling. Fast Lane Plus does the trick. I305 was of course closed; but I didn't feel too bad because everything else was open. My all time favorite, Flight of Fear is still fast. If anyone noticed, FOF's roof access was open throughout the duration of the day. I assume this is a covid measure that the park takes in order to ventilate the building.

(Flight of Fear)
For those who rode; did anyone else notice how FAST the ride was running yesterday? That train rockets through the first two inversions and you really feel it; no matter which seat you sit in. I've rode FoF enough times in it's history to know the feel of it and boy did that thing haul like a getaway car in a bank robbery. Though we have discussed this in the past; I think it would be cool to see the ride operate in the pitch black. With the roof access being open, there is more than enough light that gets in, so that riders aren't too scared. Also, it's time to swap that old theme music. Sometimes, I'd rather just ride without the theme music at all. Just hearing the other riders yell in the pitch black would be fun enough.

Coaster Takes

Food and Wine Connoisseur
Aug 3, 2017
Raleigh, NC.
I was at the park yesterday for opening day. I stayed until they closed. I had a blast.

To begin my review; I will say that I was impressed. Things were very well organized and ran efficiently. Being that I have been a season pass holder since 2019 of WinterFest; the gift shop employee told me about my available cash credit through KD. I was able to save a lot of money throughout the day. The only thing I paid cash for was my Fast Lane Plus Pass. I rode just about everything, but Dominator, Drop Tower and Delirium. Didn't care too much for Drop Tower because the load time was slow and it experienced an issue while we were waiting to be lifted. Dominator and Delirium got enough attention from me, during WinterFest 2019 and Taste of Season 2020. It's fair to say I rode those enough times. Being able to ride Twisted Timbers after such a long wait was thrilling. Fast Lane Plus does the trick. I305 was of course closed; but I didn't feel too bad because everything else was open. My all time favorite, Flight of Fear is still fast. If anyone noticed, FOF's roof access was open throughout the duration of the day. I assume this is a covid measure that the park takes in order to ventilate the building.

(Flight of Fear)
For those who rode; did anyone else notice how FAST the ride was running yesterday? That train rockets through the first two inversions and you really feel it; no matter which seat you sit in. I've rode FoF enough times in it's history to know the feel of it and boy did that thing haul like a getaway car in a bank robbery. Though we have discussed this in the past; I think it would be cool to see the ride operate in the pitch black. With the roof access being open, there is more than enough light that gets in, so that riders aren't too scared. Also, it's time to swap that old theme music. Sometimes, I'd rather just ride without the theme music at all. Just hearing the other riders yell in the pitch black would be fun enough.
My favorite I305 forum post.

Edit: Aw, why’d it get moved? I wanted there to be a totem of memory of the post in the I305 thread.

Apr 11, 2017
Thanks Nicole.

Glad to hear from you again. It's been a while. But it felt so good being back in the park. That was pretty much everyone's answer when speaking to different people in the ride lines. I have already booked my reservation for 4th of July day. It happens to fall on a Sunday this year. Last time, I did the park during 4th of July was in 2013 and it was on a Saturday. Do you think the park will still get a big crowd on the Sunday that 4th of July falls on? I've never been to the park on a Sunday.

Mar 18, 2017
Currently the park schedule shows a 9 PM close on July 4th and no mention of any special event for that day. This is perhaps the best reason for hoping there will some change in the highly reduced schedule. The 9 PM latest closings offer no true night rides and weekdays that previously were 10 PM are now 7, more or less eliminating after work visits.

Apr 22, 2019
Didn't care too much for Drop Tower because the load time was slow and it experienced an issue while we were waiting to be lifted.

Their drop tower is fantastic, though. Probably my favorite. What was the issue? Did it come back up later?

Apr 11, 2017
To grade the park on opening day; I'd give it an A+

The park's favorite attractions were all open and running with two trains. You couldn't ask for it to be any better. I305 was closed; but one ride doesn't spoil a bunch. Since the park was closed for a whole year; I don't think too many people cared that I305 was closed. Everyone was so happy to to enjoy everything else that it didn't make too much of a difference. I didn't eat too much. I had a "Fire Burger" from Hungry Hippo. Add the fries and drink and I was set. Stunt Coaster and Anaconda's lines were not too bad. Stunt Coaster, I used the Fast Lane Plus, while Anaconda did not have one. I was very impressed with Anaconda's performance. It still has a pretty good pull through the course.

I do have a question for whoever can answer it. I plan on going back to the park on 4th of July. I will be taking advantage of the Fast Lane Plus, again. However; I want to buy the Season Fast Lane Plus. How does it work? Do I just present my season pass at the booth and redeem a Fast Lane Plus ticket each time I visit the park?

RollyCoaster

Silver Donor
Jul 31, 2016
I do have a question for whoever can answer it. I plan on going back to the park on 4th of July. I will be taking advantage of the Fast Lane Plus, again. However; I want to buy the Season Fast Lane Plus. How does it work? Do I just present my season pass at the booth and redeem a Fast Lane Plus ticket each time I visit the park?
This is 100% how it works. You can go to any Fast Lane location in the park to redeem your Fast Lane every day you visit.

Reactions: Zachary and Nicole
Apr 11, 2017
This is 100% how it works. You can go to any Fast Lane location in the park to redeem your Fast Lane every day you visit.

Thank you so much. Me and my buddies you to just bare the wait in lines. We always had a lot to talk and joke about, so we never cared too much. But now that I have the cash; it doesn't hurt to invest in it. Especially if I'm going on 4th of July and a couple of times for HAUNT.

Reactions: RollyCoaster
Consider Donating to Hide This Ad