Register or Login to Hide This Ad for Free!
Jul 22, 2010
No more creative control snags for TWDC and WDI on expanding these properties in the parks.

http://youtu.be/QIkqX5fG_tA

LOS ANGELES – Disney is paying $4.05 billion to buy Lucasfilm Ltd., the production company behind "Star Wars," from its chairman and founder, George Lucas. It's also making a seventh movie in the "Star Wars" series.
The Walt Disney Co. announced the agreement to make the purchase in cash and stock Tuesday. Disney added that "Star Wars Episode 7" is scheduled for release in 2015.
The deal brings Lucasfilm under the Disney banner with other brands including Pixar, Marvel, ESPN and ABC.
Kathleen Kennedy, the current co-chairman of Lucasfilm, will become its president and report to Walt Disney Studios Chairman Alan Horn. Lucas will be creative consultant on new "Star Wars" films.
Lucas said in a statement, "It's now time for me to pass `Star Wars' on to a new generation of filmmakers."

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/2012/10/30/disney-buying-tar-wars-maker-lucasfilm-for-405b/#ixzz2AoitB0hc

68388_395513417187174_2094601058_n.jpg

Reactions: Ben and b.mac
Another Star wars movie? I think that may be overkill. But, Disney could do Amazing things with this in terms of theme parks. I can see a Star Wars Land opening in DHS, Move Star tours there If possible. Create a high quality dark ride, ETC.

Reactions: Youhow2
Ben said:
Another Star wars movie? I think that may be overkill. But, Disney could do Amazing things with this in terms of theme parks. I can see a Star Wars Land opening in DHS, Move Star tours there If possible. Create a high quality dark ride, ETC.

But but but Dark Rides are for kids. They would not need to move Star Tours, maybe move the queue. Backlot Express is easily re-purposed with the reported removal of all things backlot and the parking lost just behind it IS an expansion pad.

Reactions: Ben
Atlantis said:
But but but Dark Rides are for kids.

I knew someone would bring that up :p. I retract that statement BTW. It isn't true. Lack of common sense on my part. So, the Star Wars land would replace the Backlot tour? Makes sense, that thing kinda stinks. It must take up a TON of room though.

Ben said:
I knew someone would bring that up :p. I retract that statement BTW. It isn't true. Lack of common sense on my part. So, the Star Wars land would replace the Backlot tour? Makes sense, that thing kinda stinks. It must take up a TON of room though.

Perspective. Backlot Tour as of right now is full steam ahead for CarsLand. Backlot Express is a quick service dining venue just north of ST.

https://maps.google.com/maps?q=hollywood+studios+disney&hl=en&ll=28.355434,-81.559169&spn=0.002856,0.004823&safe=off&fb=1&gl=us&hq=hollywood+studios+disney&cid=0,0,6484510933059032781&t=h&z=18&iwloc=A

Youhow2 said:
The next movie better be amazing or it could turn into a disaster.

Lucas will be creative consultant. IMO that is MUCH better than him being director. I-III were letdowns with him behind the camera; put him as the lead ideas person. Amazing.

Ben said:
Cars land and Star Wars land in one park! DHS is going to be the best park in Orlando!

Will the new movie be a continuation of the series? Or a total revamp?

Updated the OP. Thinking practically, if it is called EVII then it would be a continuation which is stated in the video up now. Parks expansions are mentioned in the video I just inserted.

The HUGE problem I see is that the OP is already "Officially" expanded upon after the last movie in the series. So much so, that it'd be absolutely horrible to do without acknowledging it.

Also, I'll agree this is the only thing that could really even swat potter. Uni is for sure looking at their plans and other properties now. All we got to do is sit back and watch the fireworks and enjoy the ride... The war for Orlando has officially begun with Disney firing back a HUGE surefire retaliation shot...

Youhow2 said:
Also, I'll agree this is the only thing that could really even swat potter. Uni is for sure looking at their plans and other properties now. All we got to do is sit back and watch the fireworks and enjoy the ride... The war for Orlando has officially begun with Disney firing back a HUGE surefire retaliation shot...

I am out of the movie ordeal as I from what I gather Lucas will be a consultant. Yea they go to a new story after? Sweet, it is needed. It will not be a step taken lightly.

I notice they made a point to say theme parks. But that guy talked is also the weatherman who blows smoke outta his rear to now end. Things will get interesting but as I said before to you, no one franchise is needed to combat the kid with an emo mark on his forehead but a well rounded offering across the property would easily trump it. With expansions headed already this just ices is a bit more.

I know you know about Some of Universals plan. As do I, But I know you know what we both know we can't say... So, please don't act like Uni is just going to sit down and take it...

Youhow2 said:
So, please don't act like Uni is just going to sit down and take it...

Universal is not a financial infinity. Just because they have had major expansions recently with a few ongoing does mean that they can constantly pump money to combat whatever Disney may throw out. They do have to sit for a couple years on the two parks expansions to level out the pocketbook. 1.5billion over ten years for post Trans with Potter included in the number is really not that much. It did take a bit of time for that to get approved.

You`re right. They arent... but they will still have their reign for a few years until the stuff Disney is planning comes to fruition.... and then they will have a plan ready to combat this, im sure they are bout to be in meetings all day about what to do... But, seriously... they have plans and things that might get activated or put into motion for the long run, just because of this, and disney basically just gave them the reason they may need to do such things...

Not necessarily. Theres a bit more logistics to these type of deal that just going into a meeting... on both side.

Either way this is LARGE info that only reflect parks in a very small nature. Kat Ken and GL working on a script for quite a while? Yes this will be big.

Do not forget that Industrial Light and Magic which is a subsidiary of LucasFilms LTD was heavily involved with Potter movies, Potter World, and Transformers rides. Could possibly affect timelines.

Oh yeah, parks are the small fry... they only stay constantly generating 100`s of millions of dollars a year... They will come up with a response... in both film and park. Im really into film.... I know what this means with ILM bascially probably being shackled to Disney from now on....

For the grand scheme with all the divisions the parks are not the large spectrum. Movies and merchandise are the true cream of the crop here. Stifling other's use of the #1 special FX and audio companies out there is a crucial blow. An outstanding blow as a DIS stockholder.

Ben said:
The Avengers made over 200 million in one day. If the parks make Disney over 100 million a year. The movies must make Billions.

Parks make WELL over that. But the expense costs of operation, cast members, insurance, utilities, items like toiletries, etc all account for park costs and zap a good portion of its income. That is partly why companies push so hard for Merch sales and food sales. Tickets usually are to cover the running costs.

Consider Donating to Hide This Ad