Register or Login to Hide This Ad for Free!
Dec 18, 2011
Chesapeake, VA
Did anyone else hear about this? Interesting to wonder what Busch may have done with this land eventually, if anything.

http://www.vagazette.com/news/va-vg-anheuserbusch-donates-65-acres-in-upper-york-county-to-the-civil-war-trus-20150324,0,6665875.story

Interesting. It's hard to tell exactly where that's at. The map is no help at all. Is it adjacent to the park? Or could it have been used for BGW park expansion??

Your guess is as good as mine, I can't seem to blow up the image. My inference is that AB had plans to use this property for some attraction of sorts. Obviously it wouldn't be worth purchasing the land otherwise. Strange that they held onto it for so long.

Reactions: flamanar
Brandon said:
Your guess is as good as mine, I can't seem to blow up the image. My inference is that AB had plans to use this property for some attraction of sorts. Obviously it wouldn't be worth purchasing the land otherwise. Strange that they held onto it for so long.
That is bizarre that they've sat on it, and apparently done nothing with it. Curious. Thanks again for the article.

We were discussing something similar to this at work the other day. It may not be the reason they owned the property but it's a possibility. In order for a company to be able to build on a property there needs to be a certain amount of "green space" owned also. So if they want to build a sky scraper in a city they may also make a deal to buy some swamp land somewhere in the middle of nowhere and list it as one property. I don't know exactly where the land they donated is but either way they probably no longer want to pay the taxes on land they are no longer planning on using. Obviously BGW already had plenty of green space, it just reminded me of the conversation we were having.

Reactions: Brandon
According to the article, it should be some of this green space here at the southern end of that lake: https://www.google.com/maps/@37.2700171,-76.6485946,3384m/data=!3m1!1e3

The land was owned by Busch Properties and was an undeveloped part of Busch Industrial Park. Totally separate company from Sea World or the former Busch Entertainment.

Reactions: ZJhauler
Consider Donating to Hide This Ad