Register or Login to Hide This Ad for Free!
Sep 10, 2012
Nearby
Last day/night of Howl-O-Scream!! Who's in?!? :D

The chicken agenda:
- Nessie
- Early afternoon - DIU followed by dinner & Night Beats
- 5:30pm - Houses: DeadLine, Cut-Throat Cove, Bitten, Root (QQ), Catacombs, 13 (possibly after Fiends)
- 9:00pm - Fiends finale
- Ripper Row 'till the Ripper crew leaves

*Also thinking about doing Blood Banquet or Fright Feast one last time for dinner instead of Festhaus.

Reactions: Planeteer
Myself, the wife and the minions will be there. Hoping to take my 6 year old through all of the houses, then a trip to fiends, and showing him how to do shots with the nurses.

Reactions: chickenking
Actually, we are bringing the kids, but only the oldest goes in houses. Catch some shows, they haven't seen DIU yet, ride nessie, hang out with pirates, and general frivolity. Sorry, Zach, I only have a camera on my phone.

I will be going! I plan on doing AP, Alpengeist, Griffon, and LNM during the daytime to get my last rides before they close. And also see Dig It Up! Then I plan on Eating Dinner at BB(In all its awesomeness), to get a last laugh(see what I did there). And then I plan On going to see Night Beats at 7:00! And then the Fiends finale at 9:00! Then finally, one last night time ride on my favorite roller coaster LNM!!!! I'm so excited!

I'll let you know. The wife and I wanted to check out the last showing of Fiends. I'll see if that plan is still a go.

I would go for the last Night Beats for you Zachary, but would have to let me borrow your camera for filming.

Nora said:
I would go for the last Night Beats for you Zachary, but would have to let me borrow your camera for filming.

I love Night Beats, but I feel like I have gone to see it every time I go, so I think that's enough love IMO. So I decided I'd give fiends a little love by going to the finale! Nora could you clap 2x as loud for me, please.:cool:

Reactions: Nora
Sounds like some of you have a great night planned, well for me I only have three objectives, Pork Shanks, Blood Banquet, and last showing of Fiends.

Zachary said:
Todd would be the one to ask, but I fear he's far too... attracted... to Fiends. :p

:)

While I definitely plan to be there, I'm very torn about recording the last show.

1) I took my recording gear last Sunday, but didn't record. The Saturday and Sunday shows were absolutely packed. I don't like to record at full shows. While I try to be discrete, I hate feeling like my camera is interfering with the view of the people sitting behind me. It's just not fair to them. So I try to keep the monopod set as low as possible. This works if I can sit behind an empty seat in the row in front of me. In full shows, there are no empty seats, and you get shots that are mostly heads.

2) With recent cast issues and technical issues, the show may have jumped the shark. After seeing the next to last show on Sunday, I didn't even go back for the last one. And, for me, that's saying something. The show I saw on Sunday was missing 2 of the 8 nurses. That's down 25%. There are places in the show where the regular blocking has only 4 nurses visible onstage, because the others are doing other things. With two gone, there were only two left. During the part where the three gravediggers come and dance with the nurses, only two gravediggers appeared, because there weren't enough nurses left to dance with. Also, this was the second weekend with the replacement werewolf, and he just didn't have the "animal magnetism" to pull off the part. All the over-the-top antics of the regular werewolf worked because he had the attitude to make it work. Sexiness is more about attitude than anything else. Without the attitude behind the actions, the new wolf leaves me feeling embarrassed rather than entertained. If you are going to thrust your hips at someone, you gotta do it like you mean it, not like you are being paid to do something that makes you uncomfortable.

So, I'll bring my stuff and give it a shot. But, I would really hate to post a video of a show which I felt wasn't their best work.

ToddF said:
...With recent cast issues and technical issues, the show may have jumped the shark.
...So, I'll bring my stuff and give it a shot. But, I would really hate to post a video of a show which I felt wasn't their best work.

Fonzie_jumps_the_shark.PNG

"The series continued for seven years after Fonzie's shark-jumping stunt..." :shocked:

I'm with you Todd. If this is the end of Fiends, then we must capture it on video. For posterity...yeah. :cool:

BTW, love your comment...

ToddF said:
...If you are going to thrust your hips at someone, you gotta do it like you mean it...
:p

Zachary said:
ToddF said:
But, I would really hate to post a video of a show which I felt wasn't their best work.

You know what show is performing magnificently? Night Beats. ;)

I feel that even if Fiends is not performing that well, it is still a pretty good show. Now if Night Beats wasn't performing well, it ruins the show because it depends on performance to be good. And Fiends always puts on a good last showing, so I'm sure it'll be fine!

My current plan on being at the park is I will be there at least Friday and Sunday (perhaps Saturday).

In case anyone was freaking out about it, I have a couple of pretty good recordings of Fright Feast from yesterday. Relax and enjoy your day without worry. The entire world can see it soon enough. ;)

Reactions: Party Rocker
Consider Donating to Hide This Ad