Attraction Ocean Explorer

Login or Register to Hide This Ad
Apr 5, 2011
I'm not attempting to suggest that it's a good ride by any objective standard. What I'm trying to say is that if ride give kids that "spark" that leads to caring about animals and the environment, that's a good thing. Kind of like how Sesame Street isn't an interesting show for adults, but if it gets kids to read...

Reactions: MAZ and Thomas
Feb 3, 2016
To be perfectly fair, the ride wasn't initially marketed toward infants. They only started majorly advertising it that way once the ride soft-opened and was being absolutely read to filth by guests.

I rode it during its soft-open period and it was atrocious. The kids I saw riding it like it - I guess - but only because it's pretty and you see things from the air. Adults were pissed that they waited in line for virtually nothing. The games aren't engaging to anyone. You can't follow along with any sort of story. If you try to look around while on the aerial portions, you can't keep up with whatever's going on the screens. The ride itself is so bare-bones that it is not going to make a kid give a crap about aquatic marine life; the rest of SeaWorld is quite capable of doing that on its own and will be far more effective at it.

The area around the ride is beautiful, and the ride system is just fine. But the content of the ride is abysmal and needs to be replaced immediately, and the park knows it. Fortunately this is theoretically salvageable and with some new videos and software onboard, and better theming in the interior parts, they could have a decent attraction. Now do I think that will actually happen? Hmmmmm....

Apr 29, 2011
Looks like Submarine Quest has met it's end.  It's been closed for the longest time and is no longer listed on the SeaWorld San Diego website.  The ride was apparently littered with technical issues as the ride ops had to frequently evacuate riders off it.  It addition to the ride's poor content and theming it seems that Chance sold them a lemon with this attraction.

SukaUniFl

Mama Suka
May 11, 2018
ORLANDO
When I got to ride it, got evacuated 3 times, and although the teaching aspect was nice, but was very clearly not a good ride to bring in. I wonder if they can use the Lemon Law for it and get something new or their money back. I do know my husband took his nephews on it and they enjoyed it so that was a good thing, they even kept telling me about what they got to do to save something in the ocean. They should make it over into a People Mover ride like at MK, to get people around the park maybe, or you think they gonna be like Joan Crawford and Have Chance bring them the Axe, and start chopping.

Apr 29, 2011
This is old news!

Login or Register to Hide This Ad