Ocean Breeze Sale

Login or Register to Hide This Ad
Apr 29, 2010
573
131
43
Virginia Beach, VA
It was announced today that six flags has bought ocean breeze waterpark. With this deal will come multi million dollar expansion to the park. Details havd not yet been released. I personally am hoping they scrap motor world which is part of ocean breeze and expand the park into that area.
 

Zachary

𝓡oyal 𝓜ango 𝓒réme Frappuccino Survivor
Administrator
Sep 23, 2009
12,246
30,448
113
Newport News, VA
twitter.com
RE: Ocean Breeze buyout

Actually, the park wasn't bought by Six Flags, it was bought by two former Six Flags executives. News here.

It's an interesting turn of events for sure. Maybe we'll actually get some good water rides in the Hampton Roads area now...
 
Dec 11, 2009
821
53
28
Rochester, NY
RE: Ocean Breeze Buyout

So, If it's only two former Six Flags executives and not the actual company then is the park safe from being themed after superhero and popular children's cartoons?
 
Aug 27, 2010
1,109
773
113
RE: Ocean Breeze Buyout

ArrowWolf1984 said:
So, If it's only two former Six Flags executives and not the actual company then is the park safe from being themed after superhero and popular children's cartoons?
Six flags doesnt do childrens cartoons and such anymore... they do still have the DC superhero thing going on though, which Im not quite sure is a bad thing...
 
Mar 30, 2010
3,121
2,053
113
RE: Ocean Breeze Buyout

I distinctly remember a Thomas the Tank area of the park my last visit to SFA.
 
Dec 11, 2009
821
53
28
Rochester, NY
RE: Ocean Breeze Buyout

Youhow2 said:
ArrowWolf1984 said:
So, If it's only two former Six Flags executives and not the actual company then is the park safe from being themed after superhero and popular children's cartoons?
Six flags doesnt do childrens cartoons and such anymore... they do still have the DC superhero thing going on though, which Im not quite sure is a bad thing...
I believe they still have licensing for Cartoon Network and Nickelodeon shows, and I find the whole DC superhero thing to be very stale. It's everywhere in Six Flags parks and I just find it uncreative.
 
Aug 18, 2010
883
24
18
Well I dont know if i ever told you guys this but my friends grandfather owned Ocean Breeze and Motor World, He sold the land to other people but my friend still says that he owns motorworld, and just to correct you guys MotorWorld is NOT owned by Ocean Breeze.
 
Nov 5, 2009
958
609
93
I live 5 min. from the HRBT, so this could be an option for me. Glad to see it get some attention.
 
Jun 22, 2010
678
53
28
RE: Ocean Breeze Buyout

pandorazboxx said:
I distinctly remember a Thomas the Tank area of the park my last visit to SFA.
It was there, but this year they dropped thos licensing due to "cost cutting" so it will just be a train themed area.

And ArrowWolf1984 they do not have licensing with Cartoon Network, it is with Warner Bros. They also have Hana-Barbara, and DC Comics. Alot of there characters are on Cartoon Network tho.
 
Aug 18, 2010
883
24
18
Yeah cartoonnetwork has the same deal, they have to buy episodes and rights from Warner Bros. and Hana Barbara.
 
Dec 11, 2009
821
53
28
Rochester, NY
RE: Ocean Breeze Buyout

michaelcollier1 said:
ArrowWolf1984 they do not have licensing with Cartoon Network, it is with Warner Bros. They also have Hana-Barbara, and DC Comics. Alot of there characters are on Cartoon Network tho.
I must have a few of the companies mixed up. Also I want to correct myself saying that they have licensing with Nickelodeon, I think that's Cedar not Six Flags.
 
Login or Register to Hide This Ad