Register or Login to Hide This Ad for Free!

mtorange

Grand Carnivale, Haunt, and WinterFest Aficionado
Jul 26, 2014
The all-new Tinker’s Toy Factory? 🤨

Also, Wednesday through Sunday operation? I can’t imagine they would only do this for one week. Are they going to operate that much all WinterFest?

The show guide also mentions two new shows called The Kris Kringles and The Humbugs.

Last edited:
I guess this answered the question I was wondering the past few days which was whether Jungle X would be featured during Wintefest. Does not appear to be the case. You'd think they would want to operate Tumbili with its ability to operate in frigid temps.

Mushroom

Getting aHEAD of myself
Advisory Panel
Feb 12, 2011
I guess this answered the question I was wondering the past few days which was whether Jungle X would be featured during Wintefest. Does not appear to be the case. You'd think they would want to operate Tumbili with its ability to operate in frigid temps.

I don’t really think it necessarily means all of Jungle X will be closed during Winterfest. With all of the investments the park has made into Outpost Cafe and Jungle Market Eatery — not to mention that both restaurants have tons of indoor seating — I think they would be missing a huge opportunity by not opening them for Winterfest. They could just open the front plaza of Jungle X with the restaurants and block off the rest.

Not saying KD will do that, but I think it’d be a shame if they don’t.

horsesboy

DarKoaster stalker
Advisory Panel
Silver Donor
Jun 16, 2013

It maybe that they are still planning Jungle X work and rethemes for other things in the area and see operations in the area as a hurdle in getting that work done by opening day 2023.

You also have Flight of Fear right down the way that is indoors that could run as well.
My understanding is that why enclosed Flight of Fear is unheated and not well insulated making it still fairly temperature sensitive.

Mar 8, 2022
Martinsburg, WV
twitter.com
My understanding is that why enclosed Flight of Fear is unheated and not well insulated making it still fairly temperature sensitive.
Kings Island runs theirs..... It follows a temperature matrix like all other coasters though (it can close if it gets too cold) but it can run much colder than you would think for a launch. The lack of wind helps a ton.

Consider Donating to Hide This Ad