Register or Login to Hide This Ad for Free!
Maybe this will be a boot in BGW's ass to bring back some aesthetic to the park. Everything done in the past 5 years has just made the park look worse and worse. Hell could go back more than 5 years.

Doubt it though.

Anyone notice that Apollo is not in the top 10 either? I haven't been paying attention to the GT Awards for a few years. Is this new? Last I knew it kept bouncing between 4 and 7.

Maybe this will be a boot in BGW's ass to bring back some aesthetic to the park. Everything done in the past 5 years has just made the park look worse and worse. Hell could go back more than 5 years.

Doubt it though.
Still hope everyday SEAS sells BGW and BGT so they can focus on becoming Six Flags+ Animals

• Dislike
Reactions: Gavin
I'm afraid that with them running record profits and stock up higher than ever it will take them a while to realize they have an issue.

Reactions: Zachary
Anyone notice that Apollo is not in the top 10 either? I haven't been paying attention to the GT Awards for a few years. Is this new? Last I knew it kept bouncing between 4 and 7.
If I got to travel a bit more, I'm not sure it would fall on my top 10. Mako is better than it IMO and it's not on the list either

^How Candymonium gets up there but Mako does not makes no sense to me. I have yet to hit Candymonium but it just seems like Mako is better. Also Mako is amazing. I love that ride and wish it was here lol.
Candymonium is similar to Apollo's Chariot in that it looks quite majestic in the park, but in terms of ride experience there are better rides in the park. I have a hard time with it being the 5th best steel coaster overall, when I'd probably rank it the 4th or 5th best steel coaster in Hershey's itself.

Reactions: bill s
Honestly this was just a matter of time. Looking at the park's last decade of major additions, few have done anything to improve or even maintain the overall beauty of the park. Most additions have been aesthetic steps backward.

I feel strange typing this, but Mach Tower is IMO the most visually pleasing major addition of the past 10 or so years, at least with attractions in their current states (e.g. VB sporting its roofless hovering bridge). I'm reserving judgment on Pantheon until I see the plaza and station in person. From the Rhine it is striking, but in fairness that's not the entire picture.

This is several years too late. I would throw phantasialand, epcot, silver dollar, and liseberg in as other contenders but the international ones probably dont have enough recognition.

Actually this is several DECADES too late. Efteling should've been winning this award every year.

Umm, did any of you NOT think this award wasn't auctioned off to the highest bidder? Or did you think the GT organization has a panel of impartial judges that actually visits and evaluates every theme park in the world every year before handing out the award?

Many awards like this one persist in part due to plausible deniability of their coin-operated nature.

I’m of the opinion that someone in leadership at SEAS or BGW is feeling relief, no longer pursuing an award that is out of line with their preferred direction for the park. ☹️

Reactions: Logang and Mwe BGW
From what I understand, the winners are determined by a tally vote so it's ultimately a meaningless popularity contest, someone correct me if I'm wrong. BGW did seem to take a lot of pride in the award though, so maybe losing it will inspire something in them.

Would also like to point out that Velocicoaster bested Candymonium for 'Best New Coaster of 2020/21,' and yet Candymonium is #5 on the steel list while Velocicoaster is #18. And that Knotts Berry Farm was runner up for 'Best Halloween Event of 2020' despite being closed and not having a Halloween event in 2020.

Would also like to point out that Velocicoaster bested Candymonium for 'Best New Coaster of 2020/21,' and yet Candymonium is #5 on the steel list while Velocicoaster is #18.
Confused Hanna Barbera GIF by Warner Archive

Thats some..........mental gymnastics there

From what I understand, the winners are determined by a tally vote so it's ultimately a meaningless popularity contest, someone correct me if I'm wrong. BGW did seem to take a lot of pride in the award though, so maybe losing it will inspire something in them.

Would also like to point out that Velocicoaster bested Candymonium for 'Best New Coaster of 2020/21,' and yet Candymonium is #5 on the steel list while Velocicoaster is #18. And that Knotts Berry Farm was runner up for 'Best Halloween Event of 2020' despite being closed and not having a Halloween event in 2020.
It also might be worth noting how attendance caps might have played a part in this. Someone can correctly me if I am wrong but I believe Dollywood had a higher capacity and was able to use their whole park both having few guest and cutting the park in half probably didn't help BGW.

Reactions: Mwe BGW
There's a running joke in the community that the Golden Tickets are basically just copy/pasted from previous years.

I'm glad to see some mix up in the award winners between Europa Park stealing world's best theme park and Dolly stealing most beautiful.

BGW has become a little complacent in keeping up their landscaping and the atmosphere of the park in recent years. Hopefully losing the award gives the park a good kick in the rear to try much harder and earn that award back.

Congrats to Dolly though. Easily feels like a redneck version of BGW, so I can definitely see where the award comes from.

Reactions: Alf33 and Nicole
Consider Donating to Hide This Ad