Register or Login to Hide This Ad for Free!
Jun 3, 2010
Newport News, VA
Universal is on a roll lately!

Link to Business Wire article

KYOTO, Japan & ORLANDO, Fla.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Nintendo and Universal Parks & Resorts today announced plans to bring the world of Nintendo to life at Universal theme parks – creating spectacular, dedicated experiences based on Nintendo’s wildly popular games, characters and worlds.

The agreement brings two icons of entertainment together and represents a significant partnership for Nintendo as it expands the reach and popularity of its characters and intellectual property.

Universal theme parks offer incredibly popular, innovative themed family entertainment experiences based on compelling stories and characters – using powerful storytelling and innovative technology. Nintendo has created remarkable and imaginative worlds filled with captivating stories and beloved characters. Now, for the first time, those stories and characters will be brought to life in entirely new ways – only at Universal theme parks.

The immersive experiences will include major attractions at Universal’s theme parks and will feature Nintendo’s most famous characters and games. More details will be announced in the future, as the Nintendo and Universal creative teams work to create specific concepts.

giphy.gif

Reactions: wombat96
Hopefully it is as immersive as Hogsmeade and Diagon Alley have been. I (and Thomas) have had huge ideas about what a Nintendo theme park should be over the years. I really don't want it to be a generic "re-theme"/ride name change deal.

Reactions: Thomas
Not gonna lie, I don't see this being a huge thing for the US parks. I enjoy Nintendo, but I don't see it being successful as far being in a theme park in the US. :/ As interesting as this would be.

Reactions: Haberdasher1973
Zachary said:
Can't help but think that this could have something to do with the rumored Marvel island retheme...

No way Marvel Island is getting rethemed. With the massive popularity of the MCU currently, that land has never been more relevant, and there are some rides there that I don't think Uni would want to retheme or scrap. Disney would have to fork over a ridiculous amount of money to make Universal even begin to think it was worthwhile, because despite some erroneous internet chatter, that contract does not expire for Universal's rights to Marvel. I would definitely expect this to be an expansion.

Consider Donating to Hide This Ad