Register or Login to Hide This Ad for Free!
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sep 28, 2009
Virginia
Hi, just an update that now the park is offering after hours night time coaster tours. The check-n is at 7:30pm and will cover all the information and perks that the daytime tour offers including the ride and walk around at the top of Griffon! The cost is the same and now there is a discount of total price $59.99 (not including pass member discount of %10) I am not sure how long the sale price will last.

If you ever wished to ride the coasters at night- alone in the dark; now is your chance!!!

Here is the write up:

Coasters at Night Insider (Participant)

If you think the view from the top of Griffon during the day is amazing, wait until you see it at night! Stand at the top of Griffon 205 feet above the ground, visit coaster maintenance areas, and learn the history of Busch Gardens and its world class scream machines. Ride each of the roller coasters with no wait. Do all of this after a fun filled day at the World’s Most Beautiful Theme Park.

Link to buy ticket: http://commerce.4adventure.com/estore/scripts/skins/bgw/upclosetours.aspx

I saw this on the site and thought it sounded cool, then I started thinking about the Griffon thing. I would think the ride can't be going while you're up at the top, so do they shut it down just for this tour? I can't imagine that would make the general population happy. Or maybe they can keep it open, or have another way to work it out. I wouldn't have minded seeing some of those fireworks from up there!

PageyMoon said:
I saw this on the site and thought it sounded cool, then I started thinking about the Griffon thing. I would think the ride can't be going while you're up at the top, so do they shut it down just for this tour? I can't imagine that would make the general population happy. Or maybe they can keep it open, or have another way to work it out. I wouldn't have minded seeing some of those fireworks from up there!
The tour starts after the park close so it won't keep anyone from riding.

As Nora posted, the tour has listed a 7:30 PM start so that is well before closing time. Most of the tour can be taken with the coasters operating. The tours are only scheduled on nights when the park closes at 10:00 so the trip to the top of Griffon would be the last stop on the tour. I've already taken the daytime tour, can't wait to take it at night.

Connecticut busch fan said:
As Nora posted, the tour has listed a 7:30 PM start so that is well before closing time. Most of the tour can be taken with the coasters operating. The tours are only scheduled on nights when the park closes at 10:00 so the trip to the top of Griffon would be the last stop on the tour. I've already taken the daytime tour, can't wait to take it at night.
The check in is at 7:30, so I don't know if thats when the tour starts or not, because she said after-hours.

It continues until the park closes (last stop is the Griffon). The park would have to be closed because the tour gives you plenty of time to walk around on top.

Hello, new friends of the BGW fans forum! My name is Franco, and this is my first post on said forums. I feel obligated to post on this thread as I had the great fortune of being in the first Coasters at Night tour group. Just a question for you experienced folk, if I were to post a review/report, should I do so under this thread or trip reports? :huh:

Welcome! Trip Reports would be the proper place. Can't wait to hear your review/trip report!

Hi Scoutn, I must have missed your question. If you buy online, or in the park you can pick your tour and tour date.

The times do not vary - only morning or night for tours. Also, it looks like tours are not available everyday. My advice is to go to BGW's main webpage - look on the "Insider Tours" page and if you select the number of tickets it will ask you to select a date. It will then tell you if tickets are available. http://commerce.4adventure.com/estore/sc...tours.aspx

Don't worry, if you select a ticket, it does not commit you to buy; but it is the only way to see if the tour is available on the date you want.

Make sense? :)

Awesome! Thanks yall. I will try and get it for this Saturday when I can find my debit card tomorrow! I am an engineering student so I am beyond stoked about this tour.

Hey have a great time! I know your tour guide on Saturday is awesome.. make sure to have your questions at the ready! Let us know how it goes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Consider Donating to Hide This Ad