Register or Login to Hide This Ad for Free!
Sep 5, 2010
RICHMOND
A couple years back, I remember there were two rumors flying about new Disney parks.

1 - A night-time only park with a very limited capacity and high ticket price (like $250) that would cater to a more relaxed, leisurely, older crowd.

2 - A Disney park dedicated to thrill rides, and aimed at that segment of the audience currently somewhat left out by Disney.

Anyway, I was just thinking this morning that I hadn't heard anything about either of these concepts in years. Does anyone know anything about the progress or lack thereof on these (including if they were ever officially debunked)?

Allow me to lay this one to reset. Not long after AK opened the idea was tossed around of such a park as Beastly Kingdom to be centered around Villains. The idea catered to adults exclusively (Oh NO THE 18+ idea!!) but it never saw light past a few renderings (very vague ones at that). The concept is as dead as Michael Jackson and will not happen in the next 20 years. WDW has a mess with parks and the current regime not treating them as they ought. California is going to ramrod another expansion through just like they did in Magic Kingdom. Before anyone throws out 'OMGz AVATARz' it is NOT that and this expansion would open BEFORE Avatar. For them to do that does that get the idea through that there are much larger issues to solve that opening a fifth gate?

So...no, then?

Tell me more of this ramrodding situation. From what I've seen, the Fantasyland expansion looks awesome. Granted, about 6 years ago, I was ALL IN on Disney Parks, reading the blogs, taking trips, etc...but I've really been out the loop for a couple years now. What's going on, exactly, with the park management? Is it not good?

Doc Dollars said:
So...no, then?

Tell me more of this ramrodding situation. From what I've seen, the Fantasyland expansion looks awesome. Granted, about 6 years ago, I was ALL IN on Disney Parks, reading the blogs, taking trips, etc...but I've really been out the loop for a couple years now. What's going on, exactly, with the park management? Is it not good?

A novel could be written on it. WDW has been neglected and used primarily as the cash cow of the company. Well when you do not utilize innovation like your Resort was known for, slack maintenance, continually up the prices with no additions, and you let your competitors up prices while adding new lands/attractions you tend to fall back. In an effort to cover that up (by the glorified accountants running it) by upping prices while offering discounts (pay what they want while making you think you are getting a deal), having a one time bottom line supplement (DVC), and cutting back on entertainment and upkeep it shows the bottom line looking good even while attendance/spending is down.

FLE was ramrodded by Burbank because they something regardless of what had to be put in. TDO initially presented the princess meet and greet nonsense that Staggs said had to be thrown away. Seven D Mine Train took the place of the glorified meet greet. According my pal Spirit and someone else whose name you may recognize, Lee, FLE was PLANNED in the mid 90s but put off by TDO until it was forced upon them. According to the same people, 7DMT has had show scenes knocked out of it from the original concept presented. As a total FLE is only adding ONE, count that ONE, new ride. Dumbo was doubled, Mermaid is opening, and 7DMT is opening WHILE Snow White's Scary Adventures closed. One new attraction, a few meet and greets, and a new restaurant. The expansion as a whole has now true draw to really up crowds but disperse crowds better.

Reactions: Youhow2
pandorazboxx said:
I can't tell if Atlantis is angry or happy with WDW.

More of a concerned fan that is stating the situation as it is. The management is terrible and has wdw several notches lower on the car than where they should/were be.

Reactions: b.mac
Consider Donating to Hide This Ad