Register or Login to Hide This Ad for Free!
Ouch, that video hurt. I do miss the unique stage that raised and lowered the musicians. I saw TIO on Sunday also and as usual, enjoyed the show.

I was in the same 6 PM London Rocks on Sunday and did not enjoy this cast as much as the one I saw during the Passholder preview. As expected some things worked more smoothly this time. During the puppet scene the stage lighting seemed brighter and there was no attempt to hide the puppeteers. I think it helped and made the transition to the puppets not so odd.

I believe Nicole and other forum members present were seated just behind us. We were in the center in the row in front of the area that was roped off. I suspected some superfans were present when there were audible cheers during the good parts of the show! ;)

Matthew said:
I'm getting the impression none of you have seen the 2011 version. I'm just saying the current version is still 10x better than 2011. Prepare yourselves.

*Shudders* Anyone upset about London Rocks needs to watch this video and every other video of the shows on that channel.
That was probably the lowest year of Summer attendance for me. I couldn't stand Illuminights at all after the first year (even before then, it was bad).
Currently the only thing that bothers me about TIO is the ladies shrieking. Germans find that terribly offensive. In German culture, many old dances were intended to show off strength, especially for the ladies. Notice they do most of the heavy lifting (Grist-Mill Dance). It ruins that vibe when they talk/shriek so high pitched like that. Germans consider that very phony or drunk behavior. Sometimes I wonder if the park is trying to suggest they're all "slightly buzzed".

Reactions: Zachary and Nicole
Thanks for the reviews... I hate Entwined. I actually really liked the original Entwined that had more of a Cirque du Soleil feeling about it and allowed your imagination to play a big part. As far as Pets, one thing to keep in mind is that this show is controlled by the Entertainment Department (it is a contract show) and not the Zoo Department which offers Predators.

Reactions: Zachary and Nicole
I do agree with the shrieking in TIO. The dancing calls are definitely toned down from last year. Last year, everytime the ladies did the dancing call it was a terrible shriek. This year, it's just the cast is thinking they're supposed to shriek for 10 seconds straight anytime they can, and the stage manager isn't doing anything to stop it.

Was Pets alwas in their control? I saw it last around the time you people gave away the math bird trick, do they still do that? The pets I saw looked happy and loved the treats. Zoo should be in control of the show. This news makes me sad.

First, excellent idea Zach. Second, excellent review Nicole. You deserve a medal for that experience. Finally, I hope the Pet Shenanigans experience was just an off-day experience. My son loves Pet Shenanigans, and I've seen it maybe six or seven times. It is painfully cheesy, but most of the time the animals do just fine, with the occasional stubborn or confused animal moment. I've never seen what you and Zachary are describing. I too can't stand cheesy dialogue, and because of that, Entwined has kept me and my son from eating in our beloved Festhaus because it is just too annoying to sit through, and is inevitably playing when we are hungry and nearby. We've always liked TIO. To me, TIO IS quentessential Busch Gardens. It is among the last vestiges of the old country experience. It is cheesy, but it FITS the (censored) theme. It's a festhaus, not a pre-school storytime rug.

Great review. I'm going tomorrow. I will not be watching all the shows :)

Nicole said:
These awful experiences might just make me a vengeful and angry Mod, you know.

While I'm fully ready to admit that even I dislike a few of KD's shows (karaoke in public should be illegal), there are a few shows you may like; namely All Wheel Sports which is exciting enough to maybe quench even your tastes. :p

Reactions: MAZ and Jonquil
While you really don't have to (you shouldn't because these are the worst people to fall to peer pressure) watch them, I would at least watch Night Beats because that show does have some objective quality.

Reactions: Nicole and bg.bella
Consider Donating to Hide This Ad