Register or Login to Hide This Ad for Free!

b.mac

huh?
May 14, 2011
BFE, Virginia
SIXTEEN years in the making, 3 different owners, and under multiple different aliases. What was once called the Meadowlands Xanadu Mall is finally preparing to open.

American Dream Meadowlands will be the largest mall in the world in terms of square footage and retail space upon its opening, nearing 5 million square feet in size. With the latest owners of American Dream, Triple Five Group, also building a Nickelodeon Universe and Dream Works joint amusement and water park on the site.

The Dream Works water park will be the largest indoor waterpark in North America, have the largest indoor water slide complex in the world, and also will be the largest year round operating water park in the northeastern US.
American-Dream-Waterpark.jpg

American_Dream_Mall_03.jpg

American_Dream_Mall_waterpark_blueprint.jpg

Nickelodeon Universe will be the first year round operating amusement park in the north east as well, featuring 5 different roller coasters and a variety of flat rides.

American_Dream_Mall_06.jpg

9ca73befaf9d5b4ed2c43e921dc541fa.jpg

The five coasters being featured are a Gerstlauer Eurofighter 1000 (takabisha) themed to the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles. Its name was officially revealed as "Shellraiser" during Eastcoaster 2019.
Intamin%2BShuttle%2BAmerican%2BDreamlands.jpg

image1.jpg

image0.jpg

image2.jpg

Intertwining with Shellraiser will be The Shredder, the world's largest spinning coaster.

image1.jpg

image3.jpg

image0.jpg

image2.jpg

Also featured will be an Intamin Triple Launch coaster called Sandy's Blasting Bronco. It will complete the layout in one direction, then enter a turntable and complete the layout once again in reverse.

image1.jpg

image3.jpg

image2.jpg

The 4th coaster will be called the Slime Streak, which had its trains revealed during IAAPA 2018. It will be a Chance Family Twister coaster.

g2emm1mbcby11.jpg

image1.jpg

image0.jpg

The park will also feature an Intamin Half-Pipe, but ADM does not consider it a roller coaster and will not be counting it in their marketing materials.

Current scheduled opening of DreamWorks Water Park will be September 2019. There is no official timeframe on Nickelodeon Universe yet.

Photo Credits: American Dream Meadowlands, Ride Entertainment, ProSlide, Chance Rides, CoasterNation, @404Bacon on Twitter.

Last edited:
Double posting because I forgot to mention the manufacturers involved in this project.

Those are as follows:
  • Zamperla: Air Race, Kite Flyer, Midi Discovery
  • Zierer: Dark Ride (?), Family Swinger
  • S&S: "Spinning" Drop Tower (likely changed to either a circular drop tower or just a simple power tower)
  • Intamin: Surf Rider
  • Chance: Unicoaster
  • Gerstlauer: Sky Fly
Now from what I can gather with the concept art and pictures submitted for Eastcoaster. One of these rides looks to be a Parachutes-like ride nestled in the final helix of Slime Streak. The other ride will likely be a Zamperla Air Race. There's also concept art for an S&S power tower linked in the previous post, which is more obvious.

EDIT: Adding all the rides listed in the early map overview (which included an SFC that was replaced by the Chance Family Coaster). Italics indicate I'm not sure if those rides are their intended manufacturers or not.

Last edited:
We have a number.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

View: https://www.instagram.com/p/Bu7Ob78AGz2/

22 attractions, including a ropes course.

Also confirming that the drop tower ride will be from S&S:

View: https://www.instagram.com/p/BuZz9oBHNeD/

So that gives us 5 coasters:
  • Gerstlauer Eurofighter 1000
  • Gerstlauer Custom Coaster
  • Intamin Compact Triple Launch
  • Intamin Half Pipe
  • Chance Family Coaster

American Dream does not consider the Half Pipe a coaster, but it still counts as an attraction.

This latest update brings the mostly confirmed rides count up to 14.

I drive past this twice a week. Looking forward to seeing it open. What a marathon that property development has been.

So all previous instagram posts have been deleted by American Dream, now they are posting cryptic video clips:

View: https://www.instagram.com/p/By6tPCAnlI0/

View: https://www.instagram.com/p/By7_3C8nkMV/

Last week, somewhere in the American Dream marketing department...

“Hey Lou, I called you in here ‘cuz the board is up my ass about a campaign for these final few months before we cut the ribbon. This whole project has been a highly visible, half-completed public eyesore for over a decade and a half, perched just outside the biggest city in America. And we’ve already announced the major rides. So what are ya thinking for a run-up campaign to the grand opening?”

“Simple, boss. We make it REAL MYSTERIOUS.”

Prior to this I've seen a ton of posts from social media influencers and bloggers about the park, a few employees posting selfies as well (see aforementioned S&S Tower pic that has since been deleted). Those posts all got deleted within about 2 weeks of being posted, these are the first posts getting deleted on American Dream's account itself.

This is wild.

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: Nicole
  • Haha
Reactions: Nicole
Prices have finally been announced but there is a catch.

In order to control the expected crowds for Nickelodeon Universe's opening days, they are only permitting all access passes to be used in 4 hour intervals throughout the operating day. Each pass is valued at $49.95.

There was no statement made about whether or not all the rides are ready.

Dreamworks Water Park expected to open around Thanksgiving, and prices will be announced at a later date.

Thanks for all of your great info @b.mac !!! This is a pretty exciting new batch of coasters being dropped on us. I seriously cannot wait... even though I will for a few months. :)

121 1/2 degree drops make me happy it seems.

Reactions: Zachary
Parking prices have been announced. Outside of game days and concerts, sub 8 hour parking is at various prices $8 and below.

The second you hit 8+ hours it shoots up to $24.

On game days and concerts prices will be a set $30.

Consider Donating to Hide This Ad