Register or Login to Hide This Ad for Free!
May 30, 2013
Maryland
The most popular response seems to be a modern wooden coaster, but there lots of different new coaster concepts that BGW could try their hand at.
This is B&Ms new wing coaster concept. You can't see the track when you're ridding.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    144.5 KB · Views: 109
whatcha mean? it's right there in front of them. Of course you can see it. The keyhole elements on these coasters are the best though.

Sorry, what are keyhole elements?

As for seeing the track, you're the same hight as the coaster but off to the side, I feel like you wouldn't see very much of it.

<Snob> The same type of coaster had by the likes of Ceder Fair and Six Flags... no thanks </Snob>

But seriously I think BGW would do well to continue to separate themselves from the competition, and not do the me too approach. They have a good foundation in Boltie in this regard.

Reactions: Mushroom
I think they should do a hang-up ride like Manta at Seaworld Orlando. That would be intersting with the landscape. It would be awesome if it went into caves and trenches.

Reactions: thopping
A woodie like KD's "Grizzly" would fit in perfectly in New France...too bad they don't have the real estate to put it there. (Or do they?)

Having ridden a few wing coasters, I'm not impressed. Too smooth. Too boring. Hardly any force. Sure you "glide" but frankly they're just sort of boring. I know that B&M is all about smooth, but I'm really starting to prefer Intamin. I'd love to see one at BGW. Hopefully they can get over their Intamin hate now that BGW is no longer in the hands of Busch.

Reactions: Unagi
^^^ This.

There's a woodie at Six Flags Great Adventure in Jersey (and built by Intamin!) that would be a terrific fit if they were ever to build up a new country such as Spain. As a matter of fact, the coaster I am referring to is actually called El Toro. :) How perfect is that? It's the fastest woodie in the country at 70mph. Take THAT Apollo's Chariot! The lack of a woodie coaster at BGW is VERY noticeable among coaster enthusiasts. This needs to be the next one they do. Not another gimmicky steel coaster. cough *Drachen Fire* cough

The issue with a coaster like El Toro is the fact that it's built by Intamin. With their recent additions in other parks, and the issues that have arisen with them, there's a lot of good reasoning as to why companies like Cedar Fair and Six Flags are straying away from Intamin for the time being. BGW had the same experience with Pompeii back in the 90's, and if they haven't been living under a rock I'm sure they would already know that Intamin hasn't gotten rid of their ride issues.

The issue with Intamin is that their rides place intensity above reliability, and often times Intamin tends to push their coasters just a little too far. Maverick had to get an inline roll removed before it opened, i305 had a profound amount of issues its first season, Skyrush outright failed itself the latter part of last year. El Toro itself constantly has to be reset because of the sensors tripping, and the maintenance on the ride itself is staggering just to keep the ride running smooth.

The only reason they probably won't do a wooden coaster, and this has been brought up before, is that it is TOO LOUD!!! Not only will it be horrible with them and Kingsmill resdients, but it will get rid of the semi-quiet park atmosphere. That is the only reason.

Reactions: Party Rocker
IndyRacingNut said:
^^^ This.

There's a woodie at Six Flags Great Adventure in Jersey (and built by Intamin!) that would be a terrific fit if they were ever to build up a new country such as Spain. As a matter of fact, the coaster I am referring to is actually called El Toro. :) How perfect is that? It's the fastest woodie in the country at 70mph. Take THAT Apollo's Chariot! The lack of a woodie coaster at BGW is VERY noticeable among coaster enthusiasts. This needs to be the next one they do. Not another gimmicky steel coaster. cough *Drachen Fire* cough

First of all, Apollo's Chariot is faster than El Toro.

Second, BGW does not like Intamin.

Wait, you guys don't like smooth coasters? That's the main reason I love the griffon so much. Airtime + smoothness = great ride

Party Rocker said:
How about a steel coaster, that has wooden frame theming placed around it to look like a wooden coaster?

That would be spending money on wood, rather than theming that would give it a story or special effects.

I don't think that BGW would get a wooden coaster in the near future. They like their new coasters to be innovative and have some "firsts". With Outlaw run and Texas Giant opening, there really isn't much room to innovate wooden coasters any further. They've basically reached their limit. They have inversions, speed, height, and g-force. There is literally NO WHERE ELSE for them to go.

Consider Donating to Hide This Ad