Register or Login to Hide This Ad for Free!
Feb 1, 2010
I know verbolten just opened last season, and we're probably 4-5 years a way from another coaster (hopefully less) but anyways, where do y'all believe the next location would be? I'd say where drachen fire was, or maybe a totally new location. If this thread seems pointless to the admin. delete if so. Just thought I'd get a new topic going.

Well, I'm not supposed to tell people this sort of thing, but BGW is planning a MASSIVE expansion over the next couple years; and it's not where anyone would have ever imagined. They've hired a team of engineers and other scientists to develop a way to make magnetically levitated land masses. After many, many years of collaboration and several failed attempts, the technology is ready and should be implemented in the park soon. The plan, simply put, is to make a new land mass the exact same size and shape as the current park and have it hover 500 feet above the ground. Luckily, since this mass doesn't go out of the park's existing property area, it doesn't cause any legal troubles. Also, since JCC doesn't have any building codes currently in place for floating masses of land, the park will be allowed to build to their hearts content. I'd imagine the next coaster to take advantage of this new technology and be one of mankind's greatest feats in roller coaster technology since its initial conception. This will change EVERYTHING.

If they were to add a new coaster, I doubt that it would go where Drachen Fire was only because it is too small. If you went back there for Howl-o-Scream, you saw that Verbolten takes up A LOT of space. I think that they should expand the park on that little penisula that is across the Rhine River. If not there, then possibly behind Roman Rapids, but that would require getting rid of Fear Fair and the animal pastures.

If they could fit a full sized coaster back there once, there's definitely enough room for another coaster. Verbolten doesn't even touch the area back there, so there's no reason why they can't build more in that area.

Festa would be a pretty sweet spot for their next anchor though.

For them to put a coaster back there the station would need to be upfront. People aren't going to go all the way back there for a coaster. Hopefully a new land comes with the coaster. If the resort is dead they should put it there. Move the graveyard and expand over on that peninsula.

Behind England and Ireland.

I've posted it before and I'll post it again. Expedition GeForce inside Busch Gardens Williamsburg:

image000gw.png

If a coaster (Rocky Mountain Coasters terrain woodie?) was designed for that area, there would be plenty of room.

For them to put a coaster back there the station would need to be upfront. People aren't going to go all the way back there for a coaster.

If people go back there for mazes, concerts, and Ramp Jam, there's no reason they won't go back there for a new coaster. Plus the station/maintenance bay is already there so all they need to do is gut both of them and bring a coaster back there.

As for the spot itself, it's flat, open, already has a station/maintenance bay. There's no real need to tear any trees out or get rid of the beautiful waterfall/river at the entrance. Plus that leaves that area open to a resort entrance and a spot for a few flats!

Zachary said:
Behind England and Ireland.

I've posted it before and I'll post it again. Expedition GeForce inside Busch Gardens Williamsburg:

image000gw.png

If a coaster (Rocky Mountain Coasters terrain woodie?) was designed for that area, there would be plenty of room.

I've always thought a coaster should be built in this general area. I think, at least, the coaster entrance would be somewhere on the northern path that runs between the Clydesdale's barn and the drawbridge to Ireland. That the coaster station would be somewhere in the ravine between England and Scotland. I really don't have any particular thoughts on what type/style of coaster it would be. It would be a nice balance to the coasters on or near the parks outer boundaries ("Verbolton" & "Apollo's Chariot").

netdvn said:
If people go back there for mazes, concerts, and Ramp Jam, there's no reason they won't go back there for a new coaster. Plus the station/maintenance bay is already there so all they need to do is gut both of them and bring a coaster back there.

Yeah, they go back there for heavily advertised special events. It is way off the beaten path, and honestly the GP will get lost, confused, and start cursing up a storm because they can't find it. Like I said though heavily advertised special events is the key phrase. The park practically puts up a big red arrow of there for mazes and such. If they had a regular attraction back there they would have to really open up the area, or really advertise it's location constantly. They would probably have to have TM's stand there to notify people there is something back there.

Just saying, and then the GP will think it is the exit and when Security tells them no it isn't, there is going to be angry, upset GP members which is the park's primary focus.

Plus parking lot coasters is not BGW's style, except the ever so elusive Griffon, I stare at thee with such an evil glare. Most of all the coasters hug the terrain and are designed for the area. I think it would just look ugly to throw a coaster there.

Now for Zach's idea, I'm more okay with because of the terrain they could build a coaster that flows with the land, the only problem is, would the park be able to build a coaster there seeing how that land could be environmentally protected and such. I also, am still a little iffy on the space too but I'm sure if they did it, I would understand the concept better.

My concepts always put the station behind Banbury Market or, even better, in the EitA building. If it was located in the EitA building, they could give it a small Blue Fire-style preshow before the main part of the coaster.

Yeah, they go back there for heavily advertised special events. It is way off the beaten path, and honestly the GP will get lost, confused, and start cursing up a storm because they can't find it. Like I said though heavily advertised special events is the key phrase. The park practically puts up a big red arrow of there for mazes and such. If they had a regular attraction back there they would have to really open up the area, or really advertise it's location constantly. They would probably have to have TM's stand there to notify people there is something back there.

- If the park isn't gonna heavily advertise their brand new anchor attraction and stick giant red arrows to it, then there's absolutely no point in having an anchor attraction to begin with. Hell even a marketing team would be completely unnecessary at that point.

- It's not that hard to open up the area. Just expand the pathway and stick a giant sign leading up to it.

- Wasn't there supposed to be a full-fledged resort back here complete with a new area (shops, rides, second entrance)? What better to bring people back here with a brand new coaster?

Just saying, and then the GP will think it is the exit and when Security tells them no it isn't, there is going to be angry, upset GP members which is the park's primary focus.

No the park's primary focus is to deliver a good time to guests, not piss them off, which is exactly what a coaster would do. If a resort gets built back there, chances are there will be an exit point there too.

Plus parking lot coasters is not BGW's style, except the ever so elusive Griffon, I stare at thee with such an evil glare. Most of all the coasters hug the terrain and are designed for the area. I think it would just look ugly to throw a coaster there.

22318171.jpg

Call me crazy but this looks beautiful.

As much as I like Zach's idea of sticking a coaster in Ireland (especially using EITA's building as a queue line). I'm still not too keen on getting rid of the forest surrounding the area. If things don't turn out right, that area will become flat and barren like what Griffon looked like opening year.

@ Zach, that would be a very neat queue! And if they were to build it where drachen fire was, I don't think the GP would complain about it being back there, most people that go to amusement parks go for the roller coasters, so they would just be happy to ride a new coaster. And it would probably be easier to be placed back there, because it would require less landscaping

netdvn said:
As much as I like Zach's idea of sticking a coaster in Ireland (especially using EITA's building as a queue line). I'm still not too keen on getting rid of the forest surrounding the area. If things don't turn out right, that area will become flat and barren like what Griffon looked like opening year.

Rocky Mountain Coasters has done a fine job with preserving Silver Dollar City's trees and terrain.

7989487020_ddb5233413_z.jpg

131316_10151259115282603_1431566490_o.jpg

530687_489426801094445_1575507785_n.jpg

file_21_IMG_2275.jpg

Reactions: netdvn
Consider Donating to Hide This Ad