Register or Login to Hide This Ad for Free!
Dec 23, 2011
Well as I mentioned elsewhere earlier; Water Country USA ditched its own website. Water Country USA now shares Busch Gardens Williamsburg's website. From my understanding the park being Busch Gardens Williamsburg made this decision because it is more costly to run and update two site separately. Now that they have been combined it is cheaper and easier to maintain the one site. The previous URL address, www.watercountryusa.com redirects to a page much similar to the one that you choose between which Busch Gardens location, and then directs you to Water Country USA page o the BGW website.

Also with this new site/update? The park is now using an all new map for WCUSA. It features a more realistically drawn park, angled differently and for those who like numbers indicating which attraction is what, it has those too. Check out the all new site and map!

Wow..really like the new map. Much better than Cedar Points map on their website. I will be going soon and unfortunately that map gives me no help. I would have no problem getting around with WC new map!

On the new page(s) for Water Country USA, I can't find any mention of the Aquabatics show. Am I missing it? Is this a poor website design, or is the show no longer there? The old site had a description, pictures, and the useful information of what day the show was off. With the new website, I wouldn't even know the show existed when planning my trip.

Reactions: Zachary
Maybe they were phasing the show out of existence? To be perfectly honest WCUSA's entertainment offerings is well just one show. I am sure Scott would cancel it and save money for BGW. Also, I would say the show is definitely neat and interesting but I would never plan my day around it.

Well, I enjoy the show, and whether or not any one person agrees, it's still a significant part of the park to those who enjoy it. I never remember what day it is off, so it was nice to be able to check the website ahead of time. The old website never had a dedicated area for entertainment. It just had a link for the show under attractions with all the other slides and pools. Now Aquabatics is missing from the new site as far as I can tell, and unless the show was discontinued, I think that's a poor web design.

Reactions: pandorazboxx
I remember these changes being mentioned earlier in the summer. I find it very strange that they are implemented this close to the end of season. Folks could be confused. Do this kind of $h1utz in the off-season.

Reactions: Party Rocker
Just as an update, WCUSA did post their new map on Facebook; however, it doesn't depict Colossal Curl yet. Also under the comments you can see that Busch Gardens answered a few guests instead of WCUSA. It seems kind of confusing to those who didn't know their marketing team is the same.

Reactions: Hoopla and Zachary
While Water Country USA ditched it's previous site, as it turns out it will be getting a brand new website launching soon this year. While they did save some money, I guess they felt the park needed it's own site, maybe so that guests don't get confused and can find more information specifically for the park.

Party Rocker said:
While Water Country USA ditched it's previous site, as it turns out it will be getting a brand new website launching soon this year. While they did save some money, I guess they felt the park needed it's own site, maybe so that guests don't get confused and can find more information specifically for the park.

This new website has launched as of today: http://watercountryusa.com/en/williamsburg/

I was looking at the new site over the weekend and I can't find cabanas at all. I see them on the map, but I can't find a place to reserve one. I hope they add them soon.

Consider Donating to Hide This Ad