Register or Login to Hide This Ad for Free!
Sep 23, 2009
I've added the same toolbar that is located on the regular site to the forums. Right now the toolbar only comes up on the front page, but I will be expanding it to appear on more soon. Let me know what you think.

Merboy

Resident Sea Monster
Oct 25, 2009
Raleigh, NC
www.thelanternlight.com
Chris said:
I've added the same toolbar that is located on the regular site to the forums. Right now the toolbar only comes up on the front page, but I will be expanding it to appear on more soon. Let me know what you think.

It's very innovative, but I do think it might be a little distracting from time to time. Plus I don't tweet or use facebook so I don't really think I personally would get any use out of it. But I'm sure others might.

Sep 23, 2009
It also includes a chat room, which I may eventually come up with a solid way to use with the community (e.g.:live broadcast with simultaneous chat), and it has links to the entire BGWFans Network (which open in a Lightbox so you don't have to come back to the forums if you wanted to for example get some info from the Wiki real quick for a post).

Also, the Twitter and Facebook options also allow you to see what the site has posted, you don't necessarily have to be on Twitter or Facebook to see the info.

Zachary

Administrator
Sep 23, 2009
Virginia
I'm sorry, but I'm not a fan. I don't know if you have the ability to customize it at all, but I different background image would be much appreciated (if it can be customized, I could try my hand at a replacement). Also, if you can change the transparency of it, 0% would be nice.

Note to everyone, there is a minimize button on the right side of the bar.

Sep 23, 2009
I made a few adjustments based on the feedback, I've removed a few of the buttons (Twitter, Facebook) and changed the background color to white. Unfortunately it is not possible to change the background to an image or to change it's transparency. On the upside, the application is still in beta, so these may be options that are available in the near future.

Thanks for the input, I'd like for the toolbar to be something that is useful & convenient but also unobtrusive, so I'll keep tinkering with it.

Sep 23, 2009
Also, if it's not too much trouble, could I get you guys to go over to the regular site and let me know if the toolbar there is working. I only have my Mac and therefore can't really get the full effect of IE or any other browser running on Windows. If you can, just let me know what browser you're running and if it works or not.

Thanks for your help.

Consider Donating to Hide This Ad