Register or Login to Hide This Ad for Free!

BGWnut

Advisory Panel
Sep 24, 2018
Disney updated some of their guidelines most likely due to the expected crowds with Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge.

Most notably they have reduced the allowable size of strollers, banned stroller wagons and banned smoking and vaping in the parks.

GrandpaD

Curve Flattener.
Aug 3, 2017
Newport News, VA
And they iced ice - Effective immediately, loose ice or dry ice is no longer be permitted inside the parks.

As a smoker (yeah yeah, go ahead...all together now....ewwwww) I totally understand. But, while I've always tried to be considerate, there are a lot of a$$ho!es that will do it no matter, especially places where they're "inside" for a long period of time (parks, airports, etc.) with no quick in/out. So, instead of confining the issue to a few places, you may be opening up a can of worms where these inconsiderates will just say "up yours" and fire up a heater outside Mickey's PeeTorium.

BGWnut

Advisory Panel
Sep 24, 2018
I'm not a smoker but I believe that they had a similar policy to SEAS where it was only permitted in designated areas before now.

Zimmy

Nessie is lonely.
Silver Donor
Sep 28, 2013
Virginia Beach
As an ex-smoker I have mixed feelings. Also without smoking areas where can an ex-smoker like me go to smell the deliciousness?

GrandpaD

Curve Flattener.
Aug 3, 2017
Newport News, VA
I'm not a smoker but I believe that they had a similar policy to SEAS where it was only permitted in designated areas before now.
Yeah, they did. Again, I totally understand. And, I couldn't hack it (barely) as I've done transatlantic flights a few times. But then there are the jerks that think they don't apply.

Apr 9, 2013
I vape and I'm fine with the rules changing. My only argument to all this is, if you go ahead and ban vaping are you going to ban smoke machines too during your shows, parades, and dance parties? Yeah, because it's the exact same shit that comes out of those machines as is a vape pen.

Reactions: MAZ and bill s

GrandpaD

Curve Flattener.
Aug 3, 2017
Newport News, VA
As a smoker, I always said that, had they followed the rules, they might have been accommodated. But, they couldn't be troubled to walk to a designated area..they just fired up wherever they pleased...ultimately ticking off the majority. Burns my butt!

Reactions: BGWnut

Applesauce

未来の月
May 22, 2010
Virginia Beach
I'm glad they're banning smoking.

Though I do think this is gonna cause a ton of problems. I find it hard to believe that people who smoke enough are gonna care about the fact that it's banned. Even if they were one to respect the rules and went to smoking areas, without that area within the park, you have to send them out side to smoke. And Disney vacationers are.... Special. I genuinely feel bad for any CM who has to tell a guest they can't smoke. Even if it's policy.

Reactions: GrandpaD

belsaas

Professional Shitposter
Advisory Panel
Silver Donor
I vape and I'm fine with the rules changing. My only argument to all this is, if you go ahead and ban vaping are you going to ban smoke machines too during your shows, parades, and dance parties? Yeah, because it's the exact same shit that comes out of those machines as is a vape pen.
I think the propylene glycol is less of the problem, so much as the additives.

Reactions: VonDerrick
Nov 24, 2009
Not really. But ok. It's not worth arguing about.
Theatrical smoke has nothing in it compared to some vape fluids. The problem is that some think its fun to blow off the largest cloud of vape smoke possible when in a confined space.

Consider Donating to Hide This Ad