Register or Login to Hide This Ad for Free!
Jan 23, 2015
Perhaps something a little more discreet would be better? Found this on Facebook "Colonial Williamsburg Friends"

attachment.php

Attachments

• Fullscreen capture 342015 43808 PM.jpg
    Fullscreen capture 342015 43808 PM.jpg
    102.8 KB · Views: 257
Not only do they not look temporary, but they also look downright hideous. Not at all a fan.

Reactions: Luke
There are speakers in a lot of trees in Colonial Williamsburg already, not that that statement is a justification in and of itself. That being said, it looks like this is the Raleigh Tavern where a part of their their program, Revolutionary City, takes place. In the past it's been really difficult to hear the program when there are large crowds present, even though the orators are trying hard to project. I think this will be an overall positive effect, at least for people trying to hear one of their signature programs. And like most of the other speakers, I expect tree branches will eventually fill in to ameliorate their appearance.

Reactions: Username
The new President has been making changes. He is also going through the historic trades and some of those exhibits could change. Thankfully, he has brought back the big Patriot re-enactor event in October which he canceled last year. But, the British event in July is still absent.

Reactions: chickenking
The northern most area(from what I learned) in the eastern side of the continent where Spanish Moss grows natively is in the Southside of Hampton Roads. In fact, that's a big selling point at First Landing state park in Virginia Beach. It would be pretty abnormal to see any in Williamsburg.

There is tons of it on both sides of 64 and in the middle between Richmond and CW. I don't think it would be 'unjustified' to use it natively speaking, but they never would or should. It is more like a virus to tree life and usually ends up killing the trees that it grows on. This could probably be controlled in a landscaped setting, but would still be like 'tree neglect' by introducing it deliberately. It can be very pretty though.

Edit. And useful for hiding speakers :)

Reactions: Luke
Consider Donating to Hide This Ad