Register or Login to Hide This Ad for Free!
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sep 23, 2009
RE: New Show is Celtic Fire

I guess Everwyld will just be floating out there forever with no attraction to call home.

Nov 14, 2009
Williamsburg, VA
RE: New Show is Celtic Fire

From the website:

"Visit Busch Gardens this season and celebrate Irish culture with “Celtic Fyre” a brand new show presented in the Abbey Stone Theatre. Dublin’s favorite gathering place is transformed for an Irish celebration filled with stories, singers, musicians and the magic of Irish dance. Guests will feel that they are a part of the culture of Ireland as our storyteller invites them into his inn to witness how the Irish celebrate the many facets of their day-to-day life. Guests will take an unforgettable journey with the cast of singers Irish dancers and musicians as we celebrate this unique and intriguing culture."

Merboy

Resident Sea Monster
Oct 25, 2009
Raleigh, NC
www.thelanternlight.com
I saw the photos of the new pub-themed Abbey Stone Theatre and first of all, thanks for the coverage! and secondly, I hate the new set. I *adored* the old set with the hanging lanterns and the sun really setting beyond the ruins' windows and the stones and ivy. Oh I loved it. It was so magical.

The new set looks like a step away from the magic of Irish lore and all that, which I don't like. And I know that's just personal taste, but still... It's hugely - HUGELY - disappointing that they changed it. But I guess it couldn't stay the same. *shrugs* Progress. Whaddya gonna do.

Zachary

Administrator
Sep 23, 2009
Virginia
I actually think I agree with Merboy... Now that I think about it, they are modernizing Ireland. I don't think I like it either... Ireland had always felt so... magical. They are taking that away... The weird thing though is that it isn't Blackstone who is doing it. Chris, when did they start producing the movie for Europe in the Air? Whoever owned Busch during that time is to blame. It seems as though Blackstone is responsible for the fixing up of Scotland- something that they did very well. The reason that I think that this was Blackstone's doing is because animals that where there where taken by In-Bev leaving them with nothing. They had to find something to throw together at the last minute. I'm starting to think that Blackstone is trying to turn things around in the park and the former owners where the ones modernizing it. Good for Blackstone.

Merboy

Resident Sea Monster
Oct 25, 2009
Raleigh, NC
www.thelanternlight.com
Swiftman said:
I actually think I agree with Merboy... Now that I think about it, they are modernizing Ireland. I don't think I like it either... Ireland had always felt so... magical. They are taking that away... The weird thing though is that it isn't Blackstone who is doing it. Chris, when did they start producing the movie for Europe in the Air? Whoever owned Busch during that time is to blame. It seems as though Blackstone is responsible for the fixing up of Scotland- something that they did very well. The reason that I think that this was Blackstone's doing is because animals that where there where taken by In-Bev leaving them with nothing. They had to find something to throw together at the last minute. I'm starting to think that Blackstone is trying to turn things around in the park and the former owners where the ones modernizing it. Good for Blackstone.

Yes, exactly! And it's like.... why? When the major appeal of Busch Gardens is to get lost in some fantastical remote fairytale time in Europe, why would you ever decide to include an airport for God's sakes?

Let's hope it *is* the former owners and that Blackstone will indeed bring us back to the original old world concept.

Oh and I was here all along, :D. I'm a lurker. Sorry. I lurk. There I came out. I feel so much freer now. I'M A LURKER!!!!

Lurker Pride

Nov 14, 2009
Williamsburg, VA
They did have a street show going in Ireland throughout the day. That was nice for the atmosphere there. We watched it twice (my 3 year old is captivated by all singing and dancing). I was told that it would be a permanent show for the season. Not on any schedule though.

The gift shop in Scotland is way cooler now BTW, without all the Budwieser junk. And we did get to see them herding about 4 sheep from Ireland to the stables. Again, cool for the atmosphere.

So, while I agree, the airport thing seems to be out of place, they seem to be aware of that and are taking some steps to compensate.

Sep 23, 2009
Yes the sheep are herded through the crowds, eventually the dogs will be taking part as well, but even before that they will have full run of the stables (meaning they will just be walking around out with the people visiting if they want).

Merboy

Resident Sea Monster
Oct 25, 2009
Raleigh, NC
www.thelanternlight.com
Chris said:
Yes the sheep are herded through the crowds, eventually the dogs will be taking part as well, but even before that they will have full run of the stables (meaning they will just be walking around out with the people visiting if they want).

That's sooooooooooooo CUTE!!!! But what about dognapping or something?

Sep 23, 2009
They always have workers in there, and the pups are already fairly large already, it would probably be pretty easy to see someone trying to take one of them.

Nov 14, 2009
Williamsburg, VA
Anyone else going to the park tomorrow for opening day? My wife and I (no kids, woo hoo) will be there at 10. We're hoping to catch the first show of Celtic Fyre at 1:00 and will have to leave right after that. If we see it, I'll be sure to post some feedback.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Consider Donating to Hide This Ad