Register or Login to Hide This Ad for Free!
Shocking to me they didn't get on this a few years ago. This is a good thing overall, because multiple guest surveys conducted across multiple parks and markets have shown guests don't particularly care about the personal appearance of the employees as long as their uniform is clean and they're nice.

This is a good thing overall, because multiple guest surveys conducted across multiple parks and markets have shown guests don't particularly care about the personal appearance of the employees as long as their uniform is clean and they're nice.

Do you have a source for that? I'm wondering if I'm really becoming that much of a curmudgeon in my old age. I think it's great that Disney is respecting how cast members want to present their gender, but I wish they would've preserved the restrictions on tattoos and piercings. It kinda undermines the theming of a lot of the rides and areas to have CMs who are all tatted up and have ear gauges the size of quarters.

Do you have a source for that? I'm wondering if I'm really becoming that much of a curmudgeon in my old age. I think it's great that Disney is respecting how cast members want to present their gender, but I wish they would've preserved the restrictions on tattoos and piercings. It kinda undermines the theming of a lot of the rides and areas to have CMs who are all tatted up and have ear gauges the size of quarters.

I can't provide the documents but I dealt with it as an employee at Six Flags Great Adventure in 2014 and 2015 when they were looking at it from a corporate perspective. When I moved over to Cedar Fair for a year the discussion was largely the same and the numbers they were tossing around in discussion were basically identical to what we encountered at Great Adventure and in the Six Flags chain as a whole.

I know through the comments that those who did oppose it usually had long winded explanations for why they did, but they were about 10% of 10-15% of people who submitted surveys at Six Flags that opposed the idea of dress code changes.

I'm thrilled that they are allowing tattoos now. I'd love to work in the parks someday and I get overheated super easily. It would've been miserable to have to cover my arm tats.

Reactions: belsaas
I know through the comments that those who did oppose it usually had long winded explanations for why they did, but they were about 10% of 10-15% of people who submitted surveys at Six Flags that opposed the idea of dress code changes.

People who frequent Six Flags have self-selected for their willingness to tolerate anything. ? I wonder what Disney's survey results looked like. Obviously enough people were okay with it to make Disney comfortable with making the change. In any event, my guess is that this was driven by the need to expand the hiring pool rather than by customer demand.

People who frequent Six Flags have self-selected for their willingness to tolerate anything. ? I wonder what Disney's polls looked like. Obviously enough people were okay with it to make Disney comfortable with making the change. In any event, my guess is that this was driven by the need to expand the hiring pool rather than by customer demand.

At least from my friendslist that does work with Disney a lot of them were in direct violation of the old policies if they dressed the way they wish they wanted to dress for tattoos, piercings, hairstyle, or all three. Most of them wanted to work for Disney regardless of the policy and see the relaxation of the restrictions as a win in terms of professional appearance.

EDIT: That's just from a personal standpoint though, I don't have the data for Disney like I did for Six Flags or Cedar Fair.

Consider Donating to Hide This Ad