Register or Login to Hide This Ad for Free!
May 12, 2011
ROANOKE, VA
i found a new trademark name "Falcons Fury" for seaworld parks and entertainment.

http://tess2.uspto.gov/bin/gate.exe?state=4010:k8tpom.2.1&f=toc&a_search=&p_s_ALL=SEAWORLD

This sounds interesting and also says that it is to be used in a nature of an amusement park ride.

This could be a good name for a winged coaster :)

Filled by Seaworld on July 11, 2012

Or another option would be that its for Tampa bay for the sandstorm ride that is being moved to another location.

(Corrected "Fury" spelling. ~Shane)

Haberdasher1973 said:
Currently called "Sandstorm," it stands where the new drop tower is planned...

Gotta speak BGW terms... The Flying Machine. It is in Timbuktu near Scorpion. I will say that it is very odd placement for a tower though. Still gonna be interesting to see how tall it actually is given the the restricted airspace in the area.

redheadtanman said:
i found a new trademark name "Falcons Furry" for seaworld parks and entertainment.

I thought it was a weird looking name, and your link is expired, so I looked it up. It's Fury not Furry. Makes more sense now.

sounds more like a coaster name...

Reactions: Party Rocker
Haberdasher1973 said:
Was on the tip of my tongue... so I threw in the link. ;)

Hahahah, I gotcha. Flying Machine looks a ton better. One could only hope that Sand gets a good overhaul while being relocated (like Scrambler). Do you have a hard time picturing a tower in that location as well? That entire land is crammed tight as it is.

Reactions: Haberdasher1973
Alpenghöst said:
Well, Mach Tower wasn't put in the most wide-open area in the park either...

Very true, but it is not dab smack in the middle of a land with attractions, eateries on all sides. Harber gets it.

Party Rocker said:
Flying Machine looks better and it's just a giant metal pole it doesn't need a lot if space.

Better attraction, more draw, crammed space = interesting/awkward placement.

Atlantis said:
Do you have a hard time picturing a tower in that location as well? That entire land is crammed tight as it is.

I'm confident they'll make it work, but I totally get what you mean - just eliminating the random game & craft buildings (like the wood sign shop - their eqivalent of The Bear's Paw in New France) and putting the landscaped median up the center will help... it looks like they'll be using the same queue and surrounding "mud" walls.

I definitely think it will make for an impressive approach when coming from Nairobi, rising behind the wall and gate tower...

Reactions: b.mac
Haberdasher1973 said:
I'm confident they'll make it work, but I totally get what you mean - just eliminating the random game & craft buildings (like the wood sign shop - their eqivalent of The Bear's Paw in New France) and putting the landscaped median up the center will help... it looks like they'll be using the same queue and surrounding "mud" walls.

I definitely think it will make for an impressive approach when coming from Nairobi, rising behind the wall and gate tower...

Exactly, the whole thing is just very interesting and quite a bit of work. Games, the south entrance overhaul. It looks like the median is post tower and the tower will remain. I really wish they would do something about the zigzag ramps on the north side. It really loses a ton of appeal with the baren back and forths. Either way, this project... WOW. I guess their Oktoberfest is now due for an overhaul.

As I said before the tower height will be interesting to follow with the park being dab smack in the middle of major Airport airspace and small airport airspace. It will be Sheikra style wavers and lobbying all over again.

Reactions: Haberdasher1973
Consider Donating to Hide This Ad