Register or Login to Hide This Ad for Free!

Nicole

Administrator
Jul 22, 2013
Arlington, VA
I think it is a better way to manage the numbers of people. Instead of everyone bringing guests the same weekend and overwhelming the park, hopefully the crowds will be spread out across the seasons.

This system will also make it more likely for me to take advantage of the offer. My friends' schedules have rarely matched with the park-designated days.

I'm really excited!

Apr 9, 2013
Ha. I appreciate it but I don't need anyone getting me tickets. I'm not that much of a prima donna. But next time I go, we'll just meet at the park and hang out.

Aug 11, 2010
So, they have never enforced the "must be accompanied by the pass holder" rule. Any thoughts on whether that will change with the new program?

horsesboy

DarKoaster stalker
Advisory Panel
Silver Donor
Jun 16, 2013
MAZ said:
I doubt it will change. Stopping the flow of people entering the park to compare ID's to pass holders is a waste of time and slows everything down.
I doubt it will change on the other hand there is a simpler way to handle it then stopping everyone to compare ids. Simple edit the friend tickets so they will only work after the pass holder uses their ticket. It shouldn't be to hard to rewrite the entrance system to denie the other ticket access unless the pass os used at the sane time.

horsesboy

DarKoaster stalker
Advisory Panel
Silver Donor
Jun 16, 2013
Does anybody know if the bring a friend will work without the passmember using theirs at the same time. I am trying to bring a friend but had a unexpected thing come up and now the inly way to work the get together is if I meet them a the park.

Luke

Pusheen Gardens
Jul 20, 2011
Williamsburg, VA
horsesboy said:
Does anybody know if the bring a friend will work without the passmember using theirs at the same time.  I am trying to bring a friend but had a unexpected thing come up and now the inly way to work the get together is if I meet them a the park.
Yes it will work if you are not there with your bring a friend....friend. (Did it a couple weeks ago...no issues.)

MAZ

Jan 30, 2014
Richmond
I also tested this earlier in the spring and it works. I got the free pass using my daughter's pass. My friend and I then went without my daughter and there were no questions asked.

Reactions: horsesboy
Aug 31, 2012
Harrisonburg, VA
So I was printing out Summer Free Tickets for our trip next week. I literally just ordered them last night and noticed something today that was not there last night.

When I logged in to my Wife's account today to do her ticket print for her free one for "summer" I noticed that they changed the Free Summer ticket banner to Spring Extended. If you haven't used your free spring tickets you still can until Sept. 4th!! But you can't see the offer until you claim your free "summer" ticket.

We were going to have to buy one children's ticket for next week but now even though we have only 4 passes we were able to get a 5th free ticket.

I logged in under my wife's and my own pass and it the extended spring offer was available to both of us as we hadn't used the free spring offer this year. Definitely unexpected and don't know if this is being advertised anywhere yet.

Admin's feel free to move this to A more Appropriate Location for the most visibility. Get the word out!!

Aug 31, 2012
Harrisonburg, VA
Imaginique said:
I received an email about the Spring Bring a Friend Free extension this afternoon.
I received the email this afternoon about an hour after I made the post. I must have just stumbled across it earlier today before the e-mails went out.

Thanks for the heads up. I have all my BG e-mail go to my promotions inbox on gmail and don't have alerts set for those.

Thought it was strange that no notice was floating around about it.

Feb 6, 2016
Super cool they are doing this - got to take my girlfriends parents yesterday for the last day of Food & Wine Festival. They bought a Food Voucher and treated us to some Food from the fest since we got them the free tickets! Fun time.

Reactions: Nicole
Mar 21, 2016
For platinum Passholders, how do you redeem the bring a friend free pass for Water country? All I see is spring and summer for BGW

Consider Donating to Hide This Ad