Register or Login to Hide This Ad for Free!
Dec 23, 2011
Hey the park has completely update their site. The new site can be found at: http://seaworldparks.com/en/buschgardens-williamsburg/

Anyone like the new site or the old site better? Also double check the site, they updated a lot of info in the "Know Before You Go" section. They made things a bit more detailed and added prices for a bunch of things. Although some things are the same.

I encourage everyone to check it out!

Gavin

🟥🟧🟨🟩🟦🟪
Administrator
Sep 27, 2009
Skyland Estates, Virginia
Horrible design, full of bugs and papercuts. Sadly KD and Six Flags have better sites, and they probably cost them alot less.

EDIT: WCUSA's new site is decent, though some people in the park still may not be.

Apr 21, 2010
I think the new website is just fine. Everything is easy to find and basic...a must for for GP who will be the main ones using the site.

Gavin

🟥🟧🟨🟩🟦🟪
Administrator
Sep 27, 2009
Skyland Estates, Virginia
I couldn't find the EZPay Pass option for 5 whole minutes. Tell me, if somebody who loves tech and could dismantle Windows 98's registry at the age of 7 couldn't find it, how is Martha Stewart going to find it?

Sep 8, 2010
Charlottesville
Yeah its garbage. They have a trend going. Their "official" android app is just a lazy port of their not so good iOS app.
In case anyone was curious, the "official" app said the park was open from 3-10 today. Looks like we missed out....
Like Gavin told me earlier, it does look like there was an attempt to be "tablet friendly" but I sure hope this isn't near final.

Dec 23, 2011
Their site isn't that bad. Of course when you have something new, it will seem littered with bugs, especially since they aren't pushing the new site yet. They are probably still making changes and fixing things, sort of cleaning things up for when they get ready to switch over. After all, their Facebook still links to the old site, so they are obviously not ready to make it widely used yet. So far I can't find the Quick Queue, but that is the only thing I noticed. I like the layout of things though.

Can some post a link to WCUSA's new site? I don't think I can find it.

The park does try, they just don't try 100% I would say they give 75% effort.

Sep 29, 2010
you live in the wrong country sir...that's a C where i live....

and c is average...and so is marketing at bgw

Dec 23, 2011
Really? Gavin's post made me think WCUSA had a similar new site to BGW's. It looks almost the exact same.

netdvn

Team Instinct
Jan 12, 2012
in the rear
dvn225.deviantart.com
The new BEC websites aren't the best IMO. They take a bit of time trying to navigate (took me 10 minutes to find Manta on SWSD's page - apparently it wasn't one of the featured attractions despite being new for 2012). Hopefully somebody works this out in the future.

Oh and what's the deal with the long URLs? I thought it was bad before, but this is annoying.

May 10, 2011
San Francisco, CA
This site is MUCH better than their old one. Naysayers should look more critically at both and stop resisting change for the sake of resisting change. True it's buggy (like the last one wasn't? How long did you wait to see new photos in the Rides section?), but it's new and will be ironed out. I'm super glad they were doing something with the marketing team while they weren't promoting Verbolten. Additionally having all the sites hosted under SeaWorldParks will encourage visitors to look into more of their parks.

The website is better but definitely still needs some polishing that I'm sure is already in the works.

Reactions: Party Rocker

Zachary

Administrator
Sep 23, 2009
Virginia
Actually the sites are done by SWP&E- I doubt BGW's PR department had all that much to do with it at all.

May 10, 2011
San Francisco, CA
Meh. I'm beginning to wonder with the Blackstone acquisition how much the individual parks are actually doing marketing themselves as opposed to SWP&E corporate....All trends indicate the latter.

Jun 8, 2010
Keep in mind that this new site technically isn't "live" yet. When visiting bushgardens.com, you are still navigated to the old website.

Reactions: Zachary
Dec 23, 2011
CarterGee said:
Additionally having all the sites hosted under SeaWorldParks will encourage visitors to look into more of their parks.

This was the first thing that came to mind. Oh and as for the URLs, I am sure you can still go to buschgardens.com click on Tampa or Williamsburg and your there. That is how the new Tampa site works. That way it is still easy to find and promotes the company as a whole.

I would say that corporate ordered and executed the new site, but the actual marketing department will have control over updating it. I am sure corporate's marketing got together with the park's marketing and discussed the layout and everything, and that's what kept them so busy from not advertising Verbolten.

Dec 21, 2011
Party Rocker said:
CarterGee said:
Additionally having all the sites hosted under SeaWorldParks will encourage visitors to look into more of their parks.

This was the first thing that came to mind. Oh and as for the URLs, I am sure you can still go to buschgardens.com click on Tampa or Williamsburg and your there. That is how the new Tampa site works. That way it is still easy to find and promotes the company as a whole.

I would say that corporate ordered and executed the new site, but the actual marketing department will have control over updating it. I am sure corporate's marketing got together with the park's marketing and discussed the layout and everything, and that's what kept them so busy from not advertising Verbolten.
That make since to me too and also noticed the same thing when going to buschgardens.com. What, we also have to remember is that the park's marketing staff is smaller during the winter months, since they don't have any seasonal personnel helping them out to do the any extra work that needs to be done.

Jan 9, 2010
I did not even know they had a new site until coming here. I think it will just take time for use to get used to it and where everything is at. It seems to run slow for me, but maybe thats just my computer.

May 10, 2011
The old site did not let me see the videos. The Verbolten video loaded quickly. I do miss the interactive map where you could click on the attraction. The new map does not show any names on it except the hamlet and Mach Tower. I expect the map to be updated though since Verbolten will be on it in the spring.

Reactions: CarterGee
Dec 23, 2011
CoastercamelRPh said:
I do miss the interactive map where you could click on the attraction. The new map does not show any names on it except the hamlet and Mach Tower. I expect the map to be updated though since Verbolten will be on it in the spring.

I think they will update the map on the new site and when they do it will feature an interactive map.

Dec 21, 2011
I think the interactive map feature will return too. This interactive map feature was a great feature on there website where you could click on the attraction and you could find out where it was with just a click.

Reactions: Party Rocker
Consider Donating to Hide This Ad