Register or Login to Hide This Ad for Free!
While I would love to see DarKastle used for something better, I think a member lounge there would be cool until they can do something greater. Imagine having refreshments in a DarKastle dining room. Now, I would go for that. COS would be nice too, as others have said.
With the size of the Darkastle building there is no reason to not be able to take a chunk out and make a decent size lounge. Even with two mazes at HOS there was still a ton of empty space. The old ballroom would have made for nice lounge decor, but sadly that was destroyed last spring.

I dunno how much space is actually used in DK for stuff but it seemed like a lot of space was under-utilized last HOS. Lots of empty pathways and lots of open building everywhere. Santa's Workshop shouldn't take up that much room so even if both mazes stay up year round and the Santa meet and greet spot is still there, I'm sure there's more than enough room to stick lounge space somewhere.

ha, either you overestimate the size of the building or you underestimate the true size of the attractions that take up space in there.

the only possible way to fit anything in there, is if they take out some stuff, which they wont do because $$$, the same reason cornered still stands all year round

Reactions: BGWPinGuy
Or they could just reduce the size consumption of what is there. I know both haunted houses had hallways that were much too wide, could've been laid out much better.

There were huge dead spaces around the mazes, they spent a fortune in black curtains to hide it all at the exit of Frostbite. In reality they made the paths in both mazes way to big, they need to make the paths smaller. When you walk into a 20X40 room with no set pieces and only one scare actor walking around that is a waste of space. Only thing that has to be where it is is that electrical room that kinda sits out in the middle of no where. They old ride vehicles are in there too, we all know the ride is never coming back so move the cars to storage somewhere else. Just because of poor planning of a design of a couple mazes dosent mean things can be reworked to make it all fit better

all that dead space with black curtains between frostbite exits and DDs exit is all taken up by santa alone

electrical rooms literally stick out and take up the enitre center section of the building

sure smaller/redesigned houses could save space, but atm rn irl nothing else is getting squeezed in there.

Move any of the mazes to Royal Palace. That would create a lot of space and I feel it would be better used there. Plus the park wouldn't have to drop anything.

Are the cabanas still in use? I feel that would be a great place to stick something provided there's enough space.

Move any of the mazes to Royal Palace. That would create a lot of space and I feel it would be better used there. Plus the park wouldn't have to drop anything.

Are the cabanas still in use? I feel that would be a great place to stick something provided there's enough space.
The reason that they took one away was that the time line was becoming too tight and they were having trouble transitioning to Twas. There were complaints from Elvis and others that the rink wasn't setup in time to allow for enough rehearsal time. I don't see a maze going back in there while the are using it for a Christmas show.

Santa's Workshop has a very temporary setup. I do think they could easily set it up and take it down for the most part. The problem then might be setting the lounge up and taking it down. I don't know how hard it could be, but Santa's Workshop is about 80% curtains, and I couldn't see FrostBite lasting much longer.

Santa's Workshop has a very temporary setup. I do think they could easily set it up and take it down for the most part. The problem then might be setting the lounge up and taking it down. I don't know how hard it could be, but Santa's Workshop is about 80% curtains, and I couldn't see FrostBite lasting much longer.
Yeah no, Santa’s workshop is quite the opposite it is not temporary at all. Busch has used EVERY INCH of NeuKastle for the things that reside in it.

Reactions: VonDerrick
Those walls might look like curtains, but they are actual plywood walls bolted into the floor.

The park made sure to make FB, DD, and SW all very permanent structures.

even if it were temporary, like i said, look at cornered. that is a temporary house setup all year long because it cost money and time to take it down and put it up every year. if you keep it up all year, you save on so much time and money.

They look a lot like curtains if they aren't curtains. They really cheapen the look of Santa's Workshop. This room might be big enough for a member lounge if they removed the Christmas trees. They could even use part of the workshop room (which is definitely hard walls), and give it a different overlay.
Santa's Workshop.JPG

Reactions: VikingvadR
Frostbite is directly behind that curtain/wall, and to get to the winter wonderland they would have to remove the stables portion as well, They also would have to change all the custom lighting setups. There most definitely isn't enough room. The idea of a member lounge sounds awesome, a perk that I would enjoy as a premier member, but I don't think Darkastle is a plausible option, especially for something that would need to be changed every ChristmasTown. Could the Willcommen house be used? It seems that everything that's been there has been temporary?

Ok, from a standpoint of if they wanted to make absolutely no changes to the Santa setup and then poor planning of the HOS mazes setup inside DK then even I agree that there is no room. However, there is no reason, other than than money and the lack of interest by the park to rework the santa area, two mazes and a lounge to all fit. The oversized rooms and unthemed paths in both mazes is a massive part of the failure of both houses to me. Here is another thought...yes it involves money....have one maze on the first floor and one on the second. Thats right creat a second floor for a maze or better yet create a second floor and put the members lounge up there with special rooms at HOS that they open us just for the haunt event that look down into the mazes. With the size of the building there could be gradual ramps built around the outer edges to avoid the need for elevators to make it accessable. To say there is no room thought is like putting one shoe in the middle of s shoebox and saying theres no room for a second. With a little reworking and money it could be done.

So with the new "Membership Discount" for 2019 they are ofering up to 20% off for joining. So if my Premier membership when I joined in March or 2018 goes up to $22 this march but if I cancel and buy a new Platinum at the price of $23.19 with the 20% discount they are offering I can get the ride again access for $1.19 more a month that what I will be paying if I keep my current plan. Am I reading into this right? So by buying a new plan every year you get a discount but if you are loyal and renew you no discount? Shouldnt there be a renewal rate.....

Consider Donating to Hide This Ad