Register or Login to Hide This Ad for Free!
RE: SeaWorld Park & Entertainment IPO

Initial thoughts on the logo... I'm not a huge fan. It does have that garden look and feel, but it doesn't really scream Busch Gardens to me. It's definitely an improvement over CF's logo changes though. Those were pretty bad.

It may grow on me with time, or maybe when I start seeing it on advertisements, I might learn to like it. In the meantime, the current logo is fine the way it is. No real reason to change it.

It will take some getting used to. I personally am not a fan of it right now, but I am sure I can get used to it.

I don't mind the script lettering but the bush or tree next to it just looks plain weird

It's just so plain. They need a logo that says , "We're Busch Gardens and you can tell because of our unique and innovative logo". Now it's just a tree which has no reference to BG whatsoever. If it weren't for the words "Busch Gardens" printed on the front, it could pass as a credit card.

Reactions: Mushroom and netdvn
Didn't recognize it as a "coaster tree" at first. Makes more sense now. The "fun grows here" sounds like it took its cue from howl-o-scream.

I don't think the GP is going to catch on to the coaster tree idea, unless in a TV Ad, they had a coaster make the tree, or something like that.

Well the parks did start to pick up on using the Garden portion of their name into advertising, it started with Howl-o-Scream, and then I guess Marketing did so well they decided to work on Marketing for their "gardens".

Though the explanation makes sense allow me to say I still disagree with the inclusion of the "coaster tree". As Netdvn said it is way too generic for a park as special as Busch Gardens. ( The following is my own opinion not the above mentioned user) It harkens back to and strengthens the argument that they are turning from it being a theme park to more of an amusement park and it appears the process has accelerated lately. Perhaps I am simple a purist.:)

I liked the old logo. I do, however like to coaster tree. That was an interesting idea.

I don't have a beef with the new logo at all. I don't necessarily love it, but it looks fine to me and frankly, does it really matter that much? It won't change the park experience any, but it's more of a marketing tactic. But I don't need to tell y'all that.

Reactions: chickenking
I rather like the lettering and coaster tree. I do not like the background of the fun card. It does scream supermarket, like netdvn said.
I think it is missing a BGW European feel. It gives no indication that this is a European theme. Flags, landmarks, something.
BTW, do the colors in the coaster tree match up to the representative colors of the five coasters at BGW?

chickenking said:
I rather like the lettering and coaster tree. I do not like the background of the fun card. It does scream supermarket, like netdvn said.
I think it is missing a BGW European feel. It gives no indication that this is a European theme. Flags, landmarks, something.
BTW, do the colors in the coaster tree match up to the representative colors of the five coasters at BGW?

The Fun Card displayed is from BGT exclusively, which could explain the non-european feel.

Consider Donating to Hide This Ad